• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have an offense with a featured back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

You know smazza, his question is a veiled effort to kick the coaches in the stomach again.  They can't be as smart as him.  He coaches Pop Warner and knows what works. 

oh I know the passive aggressiveness but I am still going to call him out.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I didn't suggest that anyone wanted to get rid of 4 and 5 WR sets.  What I said was we won't have a featured receiver in our offense because of the 4 and 5 WR sets...

We don't have a go to WR but its not because of the bold portion of your posts.  We lack a go to guy because we lack a WR talented enough to take a game over.  We have a bunch of role players and no one is head and shoulders above the others when it comes to our top 4 options.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I didn't suggest that anyone wanted to get rid of 4 and 5 WR sets.  What I said was we won't have a featured receiver in our offense because of the 4 and 5 WR sets...

We don't have a go to WR but its not because of the bold portion of your posts.  We lack a go to guy because we lack a WR talented enough to take a game over.  We have a bunch of roll players and no one is head and shoulders above the others when it comes to our top 4 options.  

Well my belief is that even if we had one, they would attract double coverage.  Our offense would thrive on that.  We'd have four more WRs on the field and a QB would have multiple targets. 

We don't have a go to WR but its not because of the bold portion of your posts.  We lack a go to guy because we lack a WR talented enough to take a game over.  We have a bunch of roll players and no one is head and shoulders above the others when it comes to our top 4 options.  

Well my belief is that even if we had one, they would attract double coverage.  Our offense would thrive on that.  We'd have four more WRs on the field and a QB would have multiple targets. 

That you are correct on having a true go to WR would open the offense up a bit more but you gotta have someone that demands double coverage for that to happen, and we lack that.  Some people believe Sterling Griffin could be that guy in the future.  Right now we have a bunch of guys who play a roll

CM-Deep threat with size

Hester-Crafty sure handed possession WR

Bogan-Athletic guy who is explosive after the catch

Love-Deep threat

Then the rest of the guys are either non impact guys or a guy like Griffin who is only going to get better as he matures and gets a few seasons under his belt. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I thought Taurus could have been that guy last year...

I thought Taurus could have been that guy last year...

Me too  :(

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Our featured back is the QB.  Has been the past 3.5 years, and will be until we don't have a dual-threat QB.  The RB is just to keep the defense honest.

I would've sworn Canales was more of a passing-game kind of OC.  So it's important to have many various types of receivers, which we have.  We just lack a go-to receiver, which ISNT Mitchell in any kind of important game.

What would I fix?  Stick Lamar in the slot and let him get in open space.  the RBs are doing their job.

BTW, we lead the BE in rushing yards per game.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

CM-Deep threat with sizeHester-Crafty sure handed possession WRBogan-Athletic guy who is explosive after the catchLove-Deep threat Then the rest of the guys are either non impact guys or a guy like Griffin who is only going to get better as he matures and gets a few seasons under his belt.  

Ok. Agreed, but the mystery starts why we inexplicably see Patrick Richardson, Theo Wilson, Colby Erskin, Pookie Wilson and anyone else that is a receiver in at key times of the game. If Love, Mitchell, Hester and Bogan are the best receivers we have then they should be on the field at crucial times and situations.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Our featured back is the QB.  Has been the past 3.5 years, and will be until we don't have a dual-threat QB.  The RB is just to keep the defense honest.

I would've sworn Canales was more of a passing-game kind of OC.  So it's important to have many various types of receivers, which we have.  We just lack a go-to receiver, which ISNT Mitchell in any kind of important game.

What would I fix?  Stick Lamar in the slot and let him get in open space.  the RBs are doing their job.

BTW, we lead the BE in rushing yards per game.

thanks in large part to our cupcake schedule and our QB running all over.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I believe everyone hear wants a feature back.  But I think we have two fantastic guys that could share carries and be more effective.  That would be Ford and Taylor.  I think next year we may see that, but this year, with taylor out the coaches are relying on Moise to be a leader and help out the team and split with Mike.

And recievers?  I don't know what Pat Richardson is doing catching a 4th down pass play, bogan should've been the man.

our coaches really dont have a clue

the rank and file are smarter than leavitt and co

Archived