• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN bias

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

i can name at least 5 sec teams that would be bottom feeders in the big east

5 teams worse than Louisville and Syracuse?? Come on now, I think the SEC is overrated overallas an  conference but that's just nuts ...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

i can name at least 5 sec teams that would be bottom feeders in the big east

5 teams worse than Louisville and Syracuse?? Come on now, I think the SEC is overrated overallas an  conference but that's just nuts ...

vanderbilt 2-4, kentucky 2-3 (who by the way squeeked by crappy louisville), mississippi 3-2, and mississippi st 2-4...okay maybe not complete bottom feeders but not in the top 5

• Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

ESPN sold out to overrated SEC by paying all that money for the TV contracts. It is pretty lame that ESPN has to say you are watching the SEC on ESPN all the time.  ESPN does nothing for me as far I what I know about college football. Some of those guys on their are worse than Steve Duimig, and that is hard to do.

• Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

Just watched College Football Live. Had Kirk Herbstreet (sp?) on talking about the big games this week.  When they got to USF-UC, the only question they asked was "Can the Big East title winner, play for the championship?".  Kirk replies, "No, Cincinnati's shedule or any of the other teams schedules are just not tought enough to jump up in the national championship. Even if Cincinnati runs the table, or another team, I just don't see it happpening".

Looks like ESPN is already giving Cincinnati the Big East title. Luckily it's not the Nobel Prize and the Big East title must be earned with wins.

Oh, and still hardly any coverage about our game. Mostly OU-TX and USC-ND.

I think what Kirk is saying is that even if Cinci, which is ranked the highest at this point, would not go even if they won out.  I think that's why he said it that way. 

I agree with Rocky... Cincy was the "example" team because they are in the Top 10...

Without help... like Arkansas beating Florida and South Carolina beating Alabama... an undefeated Cincy or USF will not get into the Top 2 this year... started too far back in the pack.

• Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  0

I wish the words National Championship were banned from this site, I hate when people start talking about what if's. We havent even come close to a conference title....

• Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

I wish the words National Championship were banned from this site, I hate when people start talking about what if's. We havent even come close to a conference title....

Maybe conference title should also be banned until we win one.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

After USF wins the Big East on a consistent basis, ESPN will have no other choice than to be including us in the BCS talks for a national champion. Win, and everything takes care of itself.

And, yes, Jim, I fondly remember going nuts everytime a USF score or something USF-related would scroll onto the ESPN chyron. Our fanbase was much easier to please back then.  :)

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Think about this. Cincy won the league last year. Came into this year an unknown and unranked. Now they are 5-0 and are right where they need to be at #8.

If USF every wants to play for the MNC, they need to win the league first, then back it up by going undefeated the next year. If we go 12-0 and don't play in the NC game I don't care because we will be on everyones mind next year. If we do it again we will be playing for it all.

Archived