• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN bias

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

ESPN sucks. Outside of Berman the "analysts" suck. heard about new college football analyst Robert Smith? Yeah the ex-Vikings running back who left school after his sophmore season. Well evidently he knows college football so well that he said that Robert Griffin of Baylor was going to get some mad exposure during the Texas game. Thing is, Griffin tore is MCL THREE WEEKS AGO and is out for the season. What a douche.

And last night they spend 15 minutes talking about a game we JUST watched on their channel and saw two hockey highlights. ESPN is supposed to be the total news network. BS, what they are now is like media in general, it's a show not a news outlet and they only tell you what they think you want to hear. Do we really need three analysts to analyze a game immediately after three other analysts just did it?

I'm not huge into hockey but I hate, hate, hate, hate the fact that ESPN claims to be what they aren't. They no more report sports thatn MTV shows videos. It's a f'in shame, they used to be so great back in the day. Now they are a bunch of clowns and idiots.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,307
  • Days Won:  10

Well sadly, I think the assumption is even if USF wins out, we are too far back to get into the top two BCS slots unless we see a lot of 2 loss teams like in 07' With Cincy already being at #8 they would have more of a chance. Herbstreet has always been very biased against USF. The only way we may see that change is if a former Big East player gets a job with ESPN. It would probably have to be someone who has had some success, i.e. Fitzgerald, Slaton, Pat White.

Mark May is from Pitt and he does the College Gameday stuff with Lou Holtz and Reese Davis. They still don't talk about the BE even when he is there, although last Saturday they mentioned they were going to show highlights for the BE games and that Mark was excited.

Mark May former Washington Redskin Hog (o-line) player and pro bowl player.

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

The truth is ESPN doesnt want to fall for the old "USF charm" like they have the past few years. Lets face it, we got a lot of attention and a lot of hype only to have everything crumble infront of our eyes.

ESPN is living by the "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" motto.

Until we prove ourselves for a FULL season, no one will give us a chance at winning it all.

• Content Count:  149

I would love for us to have our problem for this season be that we went 12-0 and got snubbed for the NC game.

Exactly....me too!

ESPN is the world wide leader of bandwagons....nothing more.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just so I understand.  We're complaining, after 5 games, about bias since we're not being mentioned as possibly being in the National Title game?  We have 7 games to go, 5 of which are against teams that beat us last year, 1 is at UConn where we have done bupkus the last 2 times we were there and the other against a possibly resurgent and top 10 Miami team?

We might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Just a little.

The issue is that ESPN is crowning Cincinnati the Big East Champions after only playing 1 conference game.  To them the Big East is Cincinnati and other 7 okay teams.

There were 5 comments prior to mine referencing whether us or cincy wold get into the title game.

• Content Count:  52

I must be self loathing because i watched college football live today and just found myself pissed just like i always do...1st they talk about Texas and Oklahoma for so long then right to the USC and ND game....i was yelling man theres a huge game Thur befor Saturday jerkoffs. So i calm down a bit because the give a teaser about cincy and the usf game thur...right after the break of course. comes on and Jerk herbstreet comments about 10 sec, only on how cincy and a big east team wont make it to the NC game....B.S. im officially done with them....jerkoffs >:D

• Content Count:  5,241

The most important thing to remember about college football: ITs unpredictable and most teams play a weak schedule. Florida and Texas play no one outside there conference, and there isnt that many tough teams in either conference (LSU had a Good Defense, but hasnt had an offense the whole year)

ESPN is and always will be bias. We just need to win and screw the rest

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The truth is ESPN doesnt want to fall for the old "USF charm" like they have the past few years. Lets face it, we got a lot of attention and a lot of hype only to have everything crumble infront of our eyes.

ESPN is living by the "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" motto.

Until we prove ourselves for a FULL season, no one will give us a chance at winning it all.

I totally agree. But the problem is that they're suppose to judge a team on what is being done now. The Bulls brought this on themselves. If the Bulls would have taken care of business the past 2 years. We would have started the year in the top 5. With a senior QB and an all american DE. There would have been a lot of talk about National Championship.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Just so I understand.  We're complaining, after 5 games, about bias since we're not being mentioned as possibly being in the National Title game?  We have 7 games to go, 5 of which are against teams that beat us last year, 1 is at UConn where we have done bupkus the last 2 times we were there and the other against a possibly resurgent and top 10 Miami team?

We might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Just a little.

Plus, we're damned lucky to be ranked at all considering our SOS sucks so far and our finish last year.....

Hopefully threads like these are confined to this board and we're not out there whining like this elsewhere ...

• Content Count:  52

i could care less about the national title game at this point of the season...but my beef is with the coverage of a crappy ND team and texas/ok. game when thur is before saturday on calendar...and as far as the comment about the big east(any team) not even having a shot at a title game because of the SOS is bull, i can name at least 5 sec teams that would be bottom feeders in the big east

Archived