• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN bias

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure about that DixieBull....

Auburn from the hallowed SEC got shut out from even sniffing a chance at a national championship despite being undefeated. What really hurts USF are those two D-IAA teams on the schedule. Critics will use that against us....

However, IMO if we get through the regular season undefeated....i think we play in the MNC. There are not any dominant teams in college football this year, so if we are undefeated we...should....get in before a one loss team.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe he is assuming that there are 2 other BCS conference schools that are undefeated???

I truly believe that IF a Big East team goes undefeated, and there are not 2 other BCS undefeateds, then there will be a Big East school in the MNC game.  For that to happen though, all the other BCS schools have to have lost at least one game.

For that reason, I want the winner of Thursday nights game to finish out the regular season undefeated!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Man... does anyone remember the day when we used to go nuts when we saw S FLORIDA or SO FLA or SO FLORIDA on the crawl when they were showing the scores?

Or how awesome it was when we had a highlight of any kind on SportsCenter...

Man...

Those were the days...

I remember that, I think the first time I ever remember seeing Bulls highlights on ESPN were after that 2005 win over UL. That really wasn't that long ago. Crazy.

In any event. Let them talk. If we win, we should jump into the top 15ish (maybe 16-17 at the lowest). Hopefully Pitt wins and gets ranked. We beat them, we're sniffing the top 10. WVU could be ranked when we play them, win that, we're top-10. Wins against UL and RU keep us moving up as other teams lose, and a win over UM puts us in the top 5. Final game vs UConn should get us to 3ish. Of course we'll need some help. If UF, Bama, Tex, Boise, VPI all win out, we won't get in. If things go as normal, there should be some spots opening up.

Of course, the hard part is us actually going undefeated. It's way too early to think that Cincy or USF are going to run the table, but if it happens, there is a good chance that the winner will play for the title. While Cincy is in better position now, they have USF, Pitt, and WVU to boost them up there. I think Miami is the wild card that could make us more attractive than Cincy. If they win out, I could see them getting stuck at 5ish without another big win.

• Content Count:  558

Remember, Cincy does not have a possibly Top 5 Miami left on their schedule especially at the end of the season. It is there for our taking!

Top 5 Miami on 11/21 >> Currently being ranked #8 after only 5 weeks.

• Content Count:  4,879

I would love for us to have our problem for this season be that we went 12-0 and got snubbed for the NC game.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just so I understand.  We're complaining, after 5 games, about bias since we're not being mentioned as possibly being in the National Title game?  We have 7 games to go, 5 of which are against teams that beat us last year, 1 is at UConn where we have done bupkus the last 2 times we were there and the other against a possibly resurgent and top 10 Miami team?

We might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Just a little.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just so I understand.  We're complaining, after 5 games, about bias since we're not being mentioned as possibly being in the National Title game?  We have 7 games to go, 5 of which are against teams that beat us last year, 1 is at UConn where we have done bupkus the last 2 times we were there and the other against a possibly resurgent and top 10 Miami team?

We might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Just a little.

The issue is that ESPN is crowning Cincinnati the Big East Champions after only playing 1 conference game.  To them the Big East is Cincinnati and other 7 okay teams.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Cincinnati is the reigning BE champs. They are undefeated, ranked 8 and undefeated in Big East play. Right now they deserve to be crowned. Let's knock it off their head on Thursday.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Any talk of national championship this early is just crazy.  Right now all I care about is beating the team that has kicked our teeth in 3 years in a row.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Most, like over 95% of prognosticaters (am I even close??) have said that a 1 loss SEC champ would pretty much be in the NC game. So, not a big surprise there. Still sucks, but not a big surprise. Isn't ESPN supposed to be biased for the Red Sox?? I'm with Jim, I still get excited when I see the iconic U go by in the top 25 list running in the back ground of college football studio shows. Win, and it will all take care of itself.

Archived