• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN bias

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just watched College Football Live. Had Kirk Herbstreet (sp?) on talking about the big games this week.  When they got to USF-UC, the only question they asked was "Can the Big East title winner, play for the championship?".  Kirk replies, "No, Cincinnati's shedule or any of the other teams schedules are just not tought enough to jump up in the national championship. Even if Cincinnati runs the table, or another team, I just don't see it happpening".

Looks like ESPN is already giving Cincinnati the Big East title. Luckily it's not the Nobel Prize and the Big East title must be earned with wins.

Oh, and still hardly any coverage about our game. Mostly OU-TX and USC-ND.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man... does anyone remember the day when we used to go nuts when we saw S FLORIDA or SO FLA or SO FLORIDA on the crawl when they were showing the scores?

Or how awesome it was when we had a highlight of any kind on SportsCenter...

Man...

Those were the days...

yeah those were the days, but I have higher expectations now

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Well sadly, I think the assumption is even if USF wins out, we are too far back to get into the top two BCS slots unless we see a lot of 2 loss teams like in 07' With Cincy already being at #8 they would have more of a chance. Herbstreet has always been very biased against USF. The only way we may see that change is if a former Big East player gets a job with ESPN. It would probably have to be someone who has had some success, i.e. Fitzgerald, Slaton, Pat White.

• Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  0

Saw that, no mention what so ever about USF, or for the game. It was solely on how an undefeated Cincy team doesnt go to the NC game. I guess the season is already over......Although Im not shocked to see Herbstriet to have a state of Ohio bias.....

When are they gonna talk about the game? I would think they would like pump up the game for the Thursday night viewing audience.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

ESPN is delusional... if the Bulls or Nati runs the table and wins the Orange Bowl then it would be a split national title since we are a BCS school.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

ESPN Bias?  Really, I never noticed.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Is it really bias or that much of a stretch that they are picking UC?

After all, UC is the higher ranked team. They played in the Orange Bowl last year and have the 'hot' coach of the moment on the sidelines. They have earned the media's benefit of the doubt.

USF needs to make believers of those in the national media like ESPN that have jumped off the bandwagon. Remember, ESPN's Mark May was a bigtime supporter the last two years.

I could care less about the bias, as long as we win on Thursday. As far as playing for the MNC....I think that will sort itself out. If we have the season we want, a trip to the national championship will likely be on the line when we play Miami...if they keep winning and are ranked in the Top 3 or 4.

Although Im not shocked to see Herbstriet to have a state of Ohio bias.....

Oh, yeah. Forgot he's one of those crazy nuts from Ohio State.

• Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Well sadly, I think the assumption is even if USF wins out, we are too far back to get into the top two BCS slots unless we see a lot of 2 loss teams like in 07' With Cincy already being at #8 they would have more of a chance. Herbstreet has always been very biased against USF. The only way we may see that change is if a former Big East player gets a job with ESPN. It would probably have to be someone who has had some success, i.e. Fitzgerald, Slaton, Pat White.

Mark May is from Pitt and he does the College Gameday stuff with Lou Holtz and Reese Davis. They still don't talk about the BE even when he is there, although last Saturday they mentioned they were going to show highlights for the BE games and that Mark was excited.

Archived