• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe's done for the year... Official

USFan

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

"Worst fears are realized as #USF quarterback Matt Grothe will be out for the remainder of the year with an ACL Tear"  http://bit.ly/o4KE4

-usffootball

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Is he eligable for a medical RS?

I think i saw something were you have to have the injury freshman year.  I could easily be wrong though.

• Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Is he eligable for a medical RS?

I think i saw something were you have to have the injury freshman year.  I could easily be wrong though.

GA said no medical redshirt in his blog.

• Content Count:  157

It sucks that he is done but what would a med redshirt accomplish other then create a really uncomfortable QB situation next season. Grothe's done a lot for the program but at this point you have to rally around the guy you have designated the future which is BJ, it just became HIS team today.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

As others have said, this is a "heartbreaker".  Not just for the team, but for Matt.  He has been a true leader on this team and to have this injury basically ends his magnificent run here is sad.

He deserved so much better.  Being the competitor he is, I suppose we'll see him on the sidelines trying to help in any way possible. 

Stunned.

I didn't see the play.  I didn't even here the description, I was away from the computer.  I guess that's best.

Get well Matt and know you have thousands of Bulls faithful pulling for you.

• Content Count:  277

Football is a cruel *****.  The game slows down for no one, despite what they mean to a program.

• Content Count:  2,719

Agree with everyone sentiments.  We had Marquel, everyone thought he was awesome.  Now, we have had a great ride with Matt.   I wish him the best of luck and I know he will be there cheering on his team the rest of the year.   He picked the Bulls and never waivered, and gave us his all.  He is a great leader and will succeed in life.

With that being said, this is BJ's Bulls now.  He has a tough road ahead of him since we all felt this year was our year (well, every year) to win the BE and go out with MG and Selvie on top.  He looked sharp last night against CSU.  Hopefully FSU doesn't rattle him.  Really though, he should be pumped, hopefully not too pumped, to go out and get his first start against what should be a ranked opponent in front of his home crowd.

Thanks again Matt for all the great plays and good luck in your future endeavors.

• Content Count:  574

This just makes me feel sick to my stomach. As soon as I saw the hit last night at the stadium, I knew it was bad...but held out hope that it would just be a sprain and he could come back in like 6 weeks.

I am a huge BJ Daniels fan, but I did not want to see him get the job like this.  Matt deserves to play his senior year.  I just want to puke, I feel so sick for Matt right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Sad news.  Our thoughts, thanks and prayers go to him, FlipFlop and Matt's mom.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I really wish Matt would have gotten the chance to lead this (HIS) team to it's first BE championship. As it stands though he will go down as the single greatest player to ever suit up for USF football. He led us to 2 bowl victories, 2 wins over WVU, a win @ Auburn, a great comeback vs a top 15 team in Kansas, 3-0 vs UCF, all time BE yardage leader, and the list goes on and on...

I'd like to give a heartfelt THANK YOU! to Matt for what he has done for the USF program. If B.J. has 1/2 the heart & grit that Matt has shown we will be in good hands. Just sucks that it has to end like this.

Archived