• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe's done for the year... Official

USFan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

A very tough day for Bulls fans.  Thank you Matt!

• Content Count:  172

Does anyone know of an address we can use that will get a "thank you" card/letter to Matt?

• Content Count:  645

Does anyone know of an address we can use that will get a "thank you" card/letter to Matt?

Saw on gousfbulls.com they had links to the Fan Facebook page and one other place where you could leave him a message.  They stated that they would deliver all the messages.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Man what a crappy sunday....thank you Matt for all you have done for USF football.

You might not be on the field but you will have to be the leader on the sidelines for this team, BJ is also

going to need your help just like I am sure PJ helped you your first year as a starter.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

(I don't have anything new to add, but still have to vent somewhere.)

What a kick in the nuts for everyone!  Grothe deserved to go out way better than this, and the game before FSU!  WTF?  

If BJ can pull it off next week he'll be a hero.  

• Content Count:  172

Saw on gousfbulls.com they had links to the Fan Facebook page and one other place where you could leave him a message.  They stated that they would deliver all the messages.

Thanks.  Found it.  http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204798046

IMO this is impersonal.  I'm not on Facebook (hate those trendy "networking" sites) and a web form is lame.

When has a good ol' fashioned handwritten letter become passé?

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I feel very sorry for Matt Grothe and his family for what has happened this weekend. To see one of our best players to ever put on a USF uniform go out like this freaking sucks. USF will not be able to replace his leadership, so I dont really expect much this season. To me , the season  lost its luster after Matt went out. I know we have the talent, but it will just never be the same without Matt in there to lead USF to their first ever BIG EAST championship. It hurts me so bad to see that Matt wont be able to play against FSU and Miami as I know he was looking forward to those games. You guys can say BJ this or BJ that, but I just dont see him as ready as Matt was this year. I hope Matt gets well soon and gets a shot at the pro level sometime down the road.

There will never be another #8!!!!!!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I was going to do the exact same thing! I think I am going to pick up a card or even a post card and make sure he knows how grateful we are of him. He has earned it.

Archived