• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance onto the field... changes?

So a "tradition" like UM coming out of smoke (fire extinguishers)... or VT using the Vader theme?

I hate to say this... but how do traditions "START" ?  They start because someone has an idea and starts doing something.  Then does it over and over again for a long time.

I knew exactly what they were when they came out the first game because I knew about the running of the bulls in Pamplona  (heck, didn't you people see City Slickers?)...

I like it and after they do it for another 10 years everyone here will think it's a cool tradition.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I like it too.  I think it could use some tweaking, but overall I like the idea.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

why cant we do something bad *** like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rQvu2lm_cw

We could only do something like this if our fans would come into the stadium before kick off.  To do this we would have to out in the lots where everyone is still drinking.

• Content Count:  1,757

So a "tradition" like UM coming out of smoke (fire extinguishers)... or VT using the Vader theme?

I hate to say this... but how do traditions "START" ?  They start because someone has an idea and starts doing something.  Then does it over and over again for a long time.

I knew exactly what they were when they came out the first game because I knew about the running of the bulls in Pamplona  (heck, didn't you people see City Slickers?)...

I like it and after they do it for another 10 years everyone here will think it's a cool tradition.

Traditions do start by someone having and idea and does something about it. The problem here is, the vader theme, the red raider, the war eagle, chief osceola, these things are pretty impressive to watch. There is nothing impressive about watching these people run on the field with white t shirts and red bandanas. Just because someone has an idea, and it is relevant to the team, doesnt mean it is something we should do. I would much rather have nothing other than the team just run on the field behind the State of Florida flag, The American flag and the Bulls flag. I am not trying to step on anyone toes, but it is honestly only those who are involved with this idea, or those who have participated who enjoy having it.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder what the margin of error is in the "No one likes it" line.

I like it.

Could use a little tweaking. Maybe a cannon shot to start, followed by them running thru a smoke screen and then a hail of fireworks that resemble the iconic U.

• Content Count:  398

Ah, tradition.

tradition.jpg

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I've been trying to brainstorm for traditions that I find really cool, and one that keeps sticking out in my mind is from the Indy 500.  Every year they have Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) sing "Back Home Again in Indiana" before the race.  It sounds really corny, but man to hear 250,000 people singing along is awesome.  And the one year that I was there that Jim Nabors wasn't able to do it b/c of his health, it was the biggest story of the weekend, bigger than the race itself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=auto&id=2882785

Would it be cool to have someone sing the alma mater/fight song/etc before the game, accompanied by the HOT...........hoping that it would eventually catch on and people would learn and sing along?  And what person that has been tailgating all day in the sun doesn't love a good karaoke song before the game?!  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Ah, tradition.

tradition.jpg

Priceless....  ;D

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Running of the Bulls and the old school video box breaking video with new CGI would make me happy.

Ding, ding, I think we have a winner. I'd like to see a very up-to-date, fun explaination of the tradition of the running of the bulls with a "box-breaking-esque" kind of theme to get everyone pumped, which then culminates in the tradition of those chosen students running with the Bulls, as we currently have it.

• Content Count:  1,757

Running of the Bulls and the old school video box breaking video with new CGI would make me happy.

Ding, ding, I think we have a winner. I'd like to see a very up-to-date, fun explaination of the tradition of the running of the bulls with a "box-breaking-esque" kind of theme to get everyone pumped, which then culminates in the tradition of those chosen students running with the Bulls, as we currently have it.

I dont think most of the people who run on the field could break through a cardboard box, which makes it even less awe inspiring.

Archived