• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance onto the field... changes?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah... VA Tech pretty much rocks on the field entrance...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dressing like people in Spain who run with the BULLS doesn't go with our mascot??

Not when our mascot is supposed to be a local variety of Bull... If I understand correctly, the Bull as our mascot came from a variety that has been historically raised locally and is known for it's toughness...

one has nothing to do with the other...

People keep saying we need to start traditions... this isn't a traditiion that needs to carry on... it doesn't fit and looks like we don't even know/care about the school history.

If you're going to do it, do it right.

Actually, that is not accurate.  USF started as the Golden Brahmans -- which are not a "local variety" ... they actually come from different breeds of Indian cattle... and are traditionally known for the gentle nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman_%28cattle%29

Dressing like people in Spain who run with the BULLS doesn't go with our mascot??

Not when our mascot is supposed to be a local variety of Bull... If I understand correctly, the Bull as our mascot came from a variety that has been historically raised locally and is known for it's toughness...

one has nothing to do with the other...

People keep saying we need to start traditions... this isn't a traditiion that needs to carry on... it doesn't fit and looks like we don't even know/care about the school history.

If you're going to do it, do it right.

Actually, that is not accurate.  USF started as the Golden Brahmans -- which are not a "local variety" ... they actually come from different breeds of Indian cattle... and are traditionally known for the gentle nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman_%28cattle%29

Still has nothing to do with Spain..... which was the original point I was making which was that it looks dumb and tacky. Great for a school that's looking to create an image and reputation.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Didnt we argue about this last year. I think that why I ended up having a Brahma bull in my signature. The entrance is very hokie and not-intimidating or awe inspiriing in anyway. WE NEED THE LIVE ROCKY BRAHMA MARCHING ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  684

redfisher, yes we did have this discussion not too long ago and yes, you did make that your sig at the time as a statement

• Content Count:  119

Call me old fashion, but I like how we entered Jordan Haire stadium.

• Content Count:  2,511

Until someone explained that they are supposed to be people from Spain running with the Bulls, many people confused them with kids from the local karate dojo.

White pajamas with a red sash as a belt?  Looks more like kids dressing up like Daniel LaRusso for Halloween than knuckleheads from Pamplona who risk gorging and death just to run with the bulls.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

A lot of people like it, especially the ones that run in it.  If we change it, there will be people on here complaining about the new one.

A lot of people like it, especially the ones that run in it.  If we change it, there will be people on here complaining about the new one.

The only people I've ever heard say they like it are those who were on the field doing it... sometimes subtraction is a good thing... just go with the Cheerleaders and the band...

• Content Count:  545

While I agree that the running with the bulls may not be totally accurate and it needs to be explained more...it is freaking awesome!

I was on the field for the game against UNC after we beat auburn and then the captain at the WV friday night sellout!  What a freaking rush.  you here and see stuff in that tunnel that is awesome plus having WV trash talk you and saying they are all great was fun too.  And then to top it off i got interviewed by jenn sterger right before the run.

It is an awesome experience for the students.  tradition is made though repetition.  We can;t keep changing it.

Archived