• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance onto the field... changes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

On this we agree... but team entrances are, as Eric noted, part of the pomp and pageantry of college football.

which our current entrance has neither.

its forced and corny in my opinion.  i remember sitting in on the initial meeting (which eric was kind enough to invite me to, along with _EI, outrunner, and i think a few others) and it sounded like a great idea in theory but the excution just didn't work.

i think more attention needs to be focused on that tunnel before the students run out, the students (or whoever it is) need to do a better job of staying close together and running at the same pace, and then make sure the team is not far behind.

thats if we are going to keep this.  id like to see us go back to the drawing board.  remember, some of the best entrances have nothing to do with mascots (clemson) but just a neat tradition. 

the golden shovel was something i thought we could of built around.  maybe the players just walk out hand in hand with team captain, or player chosen by coaching staff for working the hardest during practice, is at the front of the line with the golden shovel.

who knows.  i just think taking the attitude of "if you dont like it oh well its not going anywhere' is the complete wrong idea to take into this thing.

it will be a work in progress and if something doesnt look well on gameday, or isn't impressive to the fans it needs to be looked at.

at the same time, we dont NEED a set entrance.  maybe we can use the smoke like Miami.  we play enough night games for this to turn out real nice.  or maybe the team runs thru a FINISH STRONG sign and comes out onto the field.

who knows, but again, putting something in stone at this point is not a good idea.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that I... and others... think it looks good on game day... and is impressive to THIS fan.

I would agree it could be tweaked... and explained a bit  better... (the video played shows a little of it...) and, in truth, in Pamplona there are hundreds of runners per bull... while at USF there are a few dozen bulls per runner... so maybe double or triple the amount of runners?? Then people might get it more.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I would agree it could be tweaked... and explained a bit  better... (the video played shows a little of it...) and, in truth, in Pamplona there are hundreds of runners per bull... while at USF there are a few dozen bulls per runner... so maybe double or triple the amount of runners?? Then people might get it more.

maybe that is the problem...its way too thin and they run out into such a large area.....

like i said, it was a good idea in theory (when people think of bulls as being scary they think of the running of the bulls or a matador)

maybe they can put up a real quick faux brick wall (similar to what the actual bull runners run in back in spain)

atleast until the endzone line....

either way...most fans that I KNOW (since jim wants to refer to people he knows) think that it is just cheerleaders dressed up and not really normal people.

so either make a fence or announce the running of the bulls (i never been to the thing in spain but there must be a "lets get ready to rumble" type speech)

Archived