• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance onto the field... changes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

let's start a tradition of winning games

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

"sponsor" a rodeo... with what $$ ?

Did I say that?  No.  I said sponsor a bull.  With what money?  Well for starters, how about the cost of 50 pairs of white pajamas.

You don't think it would be badass for Rocky to be a real, live, mean, bucking, stomping rodeo bull?  And even without the silly liabilities issues that you keep bringing up.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"sponsor" a rodeo... with what $$ ?

Did I say that?  No.  I said sponsor a bull.  With what money?  Well for starters, how about the cost of 50 pairs of white pajamas.

You don't think it would be badass for Rocky to be a real, live, mean, bucking, stomping rodeo bull?  And even without the silly liabilities issues that you keep bringing up.

Now that's a interesting idea. 

I think it would be a great idea... I just won't hold my breath on it happening in my lifetime.

And someone said it would be a good idea to "sponsor a rodeo"... not sponsor a bull.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Never been one to get in on this but I feel I must.

For the record I like the running of the Bulls as do my kids. My family and I are not from Spain but since the highlights from the real running of the bulls get on ESPN every YEAR I did know what it was about immediately. I never met anyone in all the games that we've been doing this that doesn't know what the reference is. Honestly I never made the Karate Kid connection until just now.

And yes, the real running of the Bulls does end with the Bull in the ring getting f'ed up by the matador. But that isn't the point here. The point is to focus on the power and the unstopability (is that a word?) of the Bull. When the Bull (USF) runs, everyone (the oppostion) gets out of the way

Now that's not to say I wouldn't rather have the live Bull, but the adminstration, for whatever reason is against it. I would say that we will get our live Bull about the same time we get the OCS. Whoops, don't want to start another thread about that.

And is it really worth it to focus on how the team enters the stadium? Are we that insecure with our 'standing' in the annals of football lore that we attribute thousands of words to an entrance? I would think Bull nation would be more concerned with how to team exits the building rather than how it enters.

BTW, JimUSFSig, I think your posts are the best on this board. Very well written and insightful. Thank you.

Matt

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

First of all, I am NOT a gator fan. But, this is the best entrance in college football. Simple, to the point, win.

BBM ... not sure about that...

Running out of the T at Tennesee...

The Script Ohio at OSU...

Touching the rock and running down the Hill in Death Valley...

The Emperor's Theme at Va Tech...

and, of course, War Eagle at Auburn is pretty darn cool...

These are allbetter entrances than the Gators...

BTW, JimUSFSig, I think your posts are the best on this board. Very well written and insightful. Thank you.

Thank you, Matt.... There are a lot of great members here... which is why I am glad to volunteer to be an Admin on the Dev team...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

BBM ... not sure about that...

Running out of the T at Tennesee...

The Script Ohio at OSU...

Touching the rock and running down the Hill in Death Valley...

The Emperor's Theme at Va Tech...

and, of course, War Eagle at Auburn is pretty darn cool...

These are allbetter entrances than the Gators...

Jim, you missed my point. The entrance doesn't matter if you win. I would love to have a plain, boring entrance and win every home game.

IMO a tradition just sort of happens, people don't say "hey, I think that we should do this, so it will become a tradition". The "War Chant" just happened when a few FSU fans started it, the Chiefs picked it up, and there it went.

I don't like the running of the Bulls gimmick ( I immediately knew what it was), not because of karate or that the bull dies, just because I don't like it. A cool video, loud music and the team enthusiastically running onto the field is enough for me. Followed by winning of course.

The entrance doesn't matter if you win.

On this we agree... but team entrances are, as Eric noted, part of the pomp and pageantry of college football.

Archived