• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance onto the field... changes?

Guest hm101

1 - you'd be surprised as to what can be insured. so yes, insurance is available. there are specialized carriers out there that will be happy to get USF's business.

2 - so what's the cutoff for the number of years we can be playing football before we can have a live animal? LSU and Colorado have been playing for a "long time" true, but why does that make it ok for them?

3 - the bucs and tsa probably wont allow it, but you cant get what you dont ask for.

live bull!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, the karate kids look like idiots. I took some family members to a game, they asked me "what are those karate people doing on the field?". I shook my head it would take too long to explain.

How stupid is your family?  Guess they all graduated from UF, since that is one of the most recognizable events annually.  Just because they are in white they look like they are doing karate?  Hope you never go into a restaurant kitchen, you will think ninjas took over...

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, the karate kids look like idiots. I took some family members to a game, they asked me "what are those karate people doing on the field?". I shook my head it would take too long to explain.

How stupid is your family?  Guess they all graduated from UF, since that is one of the most recognizable events annually.  Just because they are in white they look like they are doing karate?  Hope you never go into a restaurant kitchen, you will think ninjas took over...

Oh, man got me you are so right.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Most recognizable events annually? .... To a Spaniard, maybe.... and even to those who HAVE heard of it or seen it, I'm not sure how many would associate the wearing of the gi look-alikes with the running of the bulls.

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Sit down before you hurt yourself... I'm guessing your attached to it in some fashion. The truth is that hardly anyone knows what it is... and on more than one occasion I've heard people ask one question after we had to explain it to them....

Why?

Relevant or not is a personal opinion... if the group wants it to be relevant and somehow morph into a tradition than it needs to be fixed.... in it's current state it's stale and dumb and an embarrassment to a school that has accomplished so much and is searching for an identity.... for the love of everthing please don't let this be it.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

What do you mean? Those weren't ninjas I saw the other night?  ;D

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Six pages of bs and there's been ONE decent alternative offered.

Anybody got a better idea?

Are there guidelines as to the timing of the team entrance?

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Six pages of bs and there's been ONE decent alternative offered.

Anybody got a better idea?

Are there guidelines as to the timing of the team entrance?

Team, HOT,  Cheerleaders and a professional quality entrance video.... what else do we need? It works for most of the rest of the country.

The thread wasn't so much about alternatives as it was to getting rid of the one thing that didn't fit.

• Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

I say get rid of the karate kids.

We may never get a live bull in Ray Jay, but USF could sponsor a rodeo bull and show clips of "Rocky" on the big screen before the game.  No liability there.

warkworth.jpg

Archived