• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance onto the field... changes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Dressing like people in Spain who run with the BULLS doesn't go with our mascot??

Looks more like kids dressing up like Daniel LaRusso for Halloween

Actually, Daniel LaRusso was a shower curtain for Halloween!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, the karate kids look like idiots. I took some family members to a game, they asked me "what are those karate people doing on the field?". I shook my head it would take too long to explain.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Ah, tradition.

tradition.jpg

Alright, I have an idea. We pull some unsuspecting visitor fan(s) from the crowd. dress them in the stupid karate kid outfits and release the bulls on them. Just like the picture. That's a tradition for you!

That would be awesome...

I'm kidding. ;D Sort of...

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Two words:

LIVE BULL!

ONE WORD: LAWSUIT.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

Guest hm101

doesnt colorado have a buffalo run all over the field? and LSU has a tiger, though it is in a cage.

i dont see why we cant have a bull. I vote: live bull.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

doesnt colorado have a buffalo run all over the field? and LSU has a tiger, though it is in a cage.

i dont see why we cant have a bull. I vote: live bull.

STOP IT WITH THE LIVE BULL.... IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

1 Colorado and LSU have been playing in an on campus stadium for decades.... it's a hole different playing field.

2. we share the stadium with other teams... the TSA and Bucs will never sign off on it.

3. Insurance... you won't get it

There are many other reasons but that's not what this thread was about... It was about the need to get the Karate Kids... for lack of a better description... off the field as it looks cheesy, doesn't go with out school history, and is down right embarrassing.

As long as we play at RJS we're not going to have a live bull.... just accept it and move on

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Watch the first 30-45 seconds...

So...

PA Announcer: Bulls Fans, let's sing the USF Alma Mater (fight song?) as we prepare for the running of the BULLLLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!

Fans: sing

- Pyrotechnics to give us one fire work (or cannons in the pirate ship if we can't swing a single green mortar for each game)

Cheerleaders open a gate (we'd need to have a decent looking gate to use, could go wrong if it is cheesy) and let the Bulls out in a cloud of dust - how do you make a dust effect without it looking like smoke? (do we need cowbells here?)

And of course, the "runners" - wearing opposing teams' helmets of course. Wouldn't mind getting a couple of celebrity runners as well to get the fans a little interested

I like the whole Pamplona thing, who cares what type of Bull our mascot was back in the day, now is the time to associate something with our Bulls, and no one is intimidated my a Brahma bull eating some grass in a field. I think the problem to this point is that it hasn't been made into a big enough deal. It's like USF wants to create a tradition, but they are sticking their toes in the water to see if it is too cold to jump in or not. Gotta go all out.

Oh, I should add that the state of Florida and Spain go way back, so it's not too much of a stretch to make this connection.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Watch the first 30-45 seconds...

So...

PA Announcer: Bulls Fans, let's sing the USF Alma Mater (fight song?) as we prepare for the running of the BULLLLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!

Fans: sing

- Pyrotechnics to give us one fire work (or cannons in the pirate ship if we can't swing a single green mortar for each game)

Cheerleaders open a gate (we'd need to have a decent looking gate to use, could go wrong if it is cheesy) and let the Bulls out in a cloud of dust - how do you make a dust effect without it looking like smoke? (do we need cowbells here?)

And of course, the "runners" - wearing opposing teams' helmets of course. Wouldn't mind getting a couple of celebrity runners as well to get the fans a little interested

I like the whole Pamplona thing, who cares what type of Bull our mascot was back in the day, now is the time to associate something with our Bulls, and no one is intimidated my a Brahma bull eating some grass in a field. I think the problem to this point is that it hasn't been made into a big enough deal. It's like USF wants to create a tradition, but they are sticking their toes in the water to see if it is too cold to jump in or not. Gotta go all out.

Now that setup I can handle.... It's explained... it applies to our opponent... Good ideas.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:( Dang this is what I get for working today... almost missed this entire post...

Actually, that is not accurate.  USF started as the Golden Brahmans -- which are not a "local variety" ... they actually come from different breeds of Indian cattle... and are traditionally known for the gentle nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman_%28cattle%29

Well no Bull, cattle, horses, or pigs are native to North America and were all imported from different parts of the world...

The reason USF eventually chose the Brahma was because USF was built on a very large farm that raised Brahmas... Tampa at one time was surrounded by pastures loaded with Brahmas. Thanks to sprawl the only ones left are in the rural areas of Hillsborough and the surrounding County's. I have never seen a Spanish Bull in Florida in my entire life and I attend livestock auctions every so often...

I drive by 5 Brahma Ranches on my way to work every morning... also they are not gentle and they can be very nasty. Depends on how social you are with them (i.e. how many people you expose them to).

storybullap.jpg

r_a_stud_imag_vill_lg.jpg

As far as the entrance I'm no fan of it because of the fact that in Pamplona the Bulls enter the stadium to be slaughtered by a fruity dude in tights (i.e. Butgers, WV, etc.). You don't see the Houston Texans replicate the Alamo every game...

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

i like the idea of opposing teams colors and helmets....it does make the running of the bulls thing a little more relevant to usf....

Archived