• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4th Annual TheBullspen.com Bowl Party

How many will you bring to Ferg's?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

We're in! Just not sure how many. Three I know. I'm buying six tickets to the game, plus another six with friends. Don't know how many of them will be with us on Friday night.

So BDYZR, Stick and the kid for sure!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

We're in! Just not sure how many. Three I know. I'm buying six tickets to the game, plus another six with friends. Don't know how many of them will be with us on Friday night.

So BDYZR, Stick and the kid for sure!

Glad to have you, but absolutely NO BALLOONS!!!!!!  ;)

no%20balloons.jpg

• Content Count:  443
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds cool...  Ferg's is a cool place, and we should be there.

Now this should be interesting >:D...will be so good to see you there Mutt...will you be bringing anyone should you be going??? ;D

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Sounds cool...  Ferg's is a cool place, and we should be there.

Now this should be interesting >:D...will be so good to see you there Mutt...will you be bringing anyone should you be going??? ;D

My guess is that Bubbles will win out on this one.

• Content Count:  39

My wife and I will be attending.  Will RSVP tomorrow after she confirms getting Saturday morning off work so we can come over from Orlando on Friday night.  How can one put a price on all the Bulls love that will be in the room.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I can't wait for this party... last year was a blast and this one should be as good  or better.  brian and I are getting better at throwing a bash with each passing year.  ;)  go bulls!

• Content Count:  233

Come on guys. I know it was a rough season, but surely there must be more interest than this. If we don't have a minimum of 200 there I will be extremely disappointed with my fellow Bullspenners.

I'm willing to bet there will be less than 200... sorry.  Probably less than 100.

In El Paso and Birmingham (and even in Charlotte), you had a bunch of Bulls fans in a different city with not much else to do.  Here, everyone will be at home (on a Friday night, after getting out of work)...

Oh, and everyone seems to have lost their inspiration with a 7-5 season.

Those are a couple of the reasons I am a maybe for this event.

Jim sorry to see that you are a maybe. Just send your posse instead. >:D

Sorry could not resist.

Cheers

Mike

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Me + wife + son.  I like putting a face to the name of all these reprobates.  People watching at it's finest!!  Won't be the same as El Paso, but what the heck.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

I understand what you are trying to do...it's just there are way more places I would rather go eat than FERG's.  He's a nice guy and all, but I just can't see paying $15-20 for a hamburger.  I understand you guys did your best and for out of towners, etc it's a great thing!  Being local, I'd rather eat somewhere else.  Sorry, but we won't make it.

I understand what you are saying about "better" places to eat and the price, however, keep this in mind. Even at Chili's and casual restaurants like that you are going to pay around $8.00 to $9.00 for a burger. A soda will set you back another $2.00. So you are at $10 or $11 before tax and tip. Add those in and you are at $13 to $14. We have the added expense of a rental/set up fee, as well as a slight Pay Pal transactional fee in order to process the payments. Also, this is a buffet set up, so you can have multiple burgers/dogs/chicken sandwiches and side dishes.

I priced out the event at Cha Cha Coconuts and it would have been $30 to $35 per person. If we have people not happy about paying $17.50 I would imagine that we would not have many at all willing to pay twice that much. We wanted to put together an event that would not exclude people because of the price.

The idea isn't all about meeting for the food. It is about Bull and board camaraderie. We will have a season highlights video playing, raffles, and other surprises. I totally understand if people do not want to go, but they will be missing out on a really good time.

This needs to be reiterated.  Don't let $15 stop you from going to this.  Last year at Jaxon's in El Paso was just great.  The Duck pinata was so cool.  Even though we don't all agree on things here, we are all Bulls fans.  Make the effort to go and meet your fellow Bullspeners. 

We feel horrible that we can't make it.  We signed up over a month ago for this Met Ministries shift through our Krewe not knowing which Bowl we were going to and, honestly, not thinking about a Bullspen party. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

So we are getting the upstairs room?  If so, I obviouslly won't make it.  I also wanted to attend the street fest, so hope everyone has fun.

Archived