• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4th Annual TheBullspen.com Bowl Party

How many will you bring to Ferg's?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Not counting my group or BullyPulpit's group, we've received payment for only 20 people.

I can't count the "I'll pay by tonight" people as official because without the money in hand... you're not official.

Hoping for some bump up on this today.  BullyPulpit is going to talk to Ferg's today and see where we stand.  Will post any updates as they come in.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

All payments must be received by not later than 3 PM TODAY to reserve your space at the party. This is absolutely your last chance to get on board.

I believe Eats It has 4 in his party and there are 10 in mine. That puts us at 34 people as of 12 pm today.

I spoke with Ferg's and rather than canceling the event, they decided to move us to a smaller room. We will be on the first floor in the room they call the "Game Room." It holds about 70 people comfortably, so there is plenty of room for whoever still wants to go. We lose the private bar and private bathroom, but you can thank our apathetic fan base for that.

I cannot wait to hear the continued complaints of what a lousy bowl experience this was from our "fans." If you do not have a good time with this Bowl weekend it is because you CHOSE not to enjoy yourself. Tailgating will be easy and better than any other game we have been to. The tickets are the cheapest yet. Parking is going to be easy and right next to the stadium. There are plenty of events going on all week long around town. Plus, we put together a nice Friday Night get together. Those saying that this Bowl is going to "suck" you have yourselves to blame, as it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

While I applaud your efforts in getting this together I really don't appreciate you labeling anyone not reserved as "apathetic".

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is unemployed and between the holidays and bowl game and basic life expenses I'm just happy to find the extra $40 for a ticket and parking. 

I certainly didn't mean to belittle everyone or say that everyone is being apathetic. My rant was targeted more at those who are pissing and moaning about the Bowl we ended up with. Obviously, if someone cannot afford to go that is completely understandable, but not everyone falls into that category.

To give a better example of why I am upset I will say this. In El Paso last year we had at least 120 people attend the party. This year, our final number is 33. The number we had in El Paso consisted of people who had to pay a lot of money to get out there and stay for the weekend. While I am sure the economy has forced peoples hands quite a bit this year, there is no reason to explain why 75% less people will be attending (despite it being so close to home) but apathy.

Again, my intent was not to offend anyone, but rather vent regarding a growing trend I see in our fan base, not only about this bowl party, but rather in the big picture.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442

I certainly didn't mean to belittle everyone or say that everyone is being apathetic. My rant was targeted more at those who are pissing and moaning about the Bowl we ended up with. Obviously, if someone cannot afford to go that is completely understandable, but not everyone falls into that category.

To give a better example of why I am upset I will say this. In El Paso last year we had at least 120 people attend the party. This year, our final number is 33. The number we had in El Paso consisted of people who had to pay a lot of money to get out there and stay for the weekend. While I am sure the economy has forced peoples hands quite a bit this year, there is no reason to explain why 75% less people will be attending (despite it being so close to home) but apathy.

Again, my intent was not to offend anyone, but rather vent regarding a growing trend I see in our fan base, not only about this bowl party, but rather in the big picture.

We're cool... believe me, if I could be there Friday night I would. And we share the same thoughts on all the ******** and moaning...  ;D

• Content Count:  8,044

It's like the street party for the Car Care bowl a few years back.  USF out numbered the NC State fans 2 to 1 for the street party.  The next day NC State fans packed the stadium out numbering us 10 to 1.

I live in Orlando, I'm not driving over on Friday and getting a hotel room.  I'm coming down on Saturday for the game.  In El Paso all the USF fans were in town a stones throw from the event.

If it were an option I might have dropped in and said hey or even paid at the door, but I can't commit to it.  I have to work on Friday.

It's like the street party for the Car Care bowl a few years back.  USF out numbered the NC State fans 2 to 1 for the street party.  The next day NC State fans packed the stadium out numbering us 10 to 1.

I live in Orlando, I'm not driving over on Friday and getting a hotel room.  I'm coming down on Saturday for the game.  In El Paso all the USF fans were in town a stones throw from the event.

If it were an option I might have dropped in and said hey or even paid at the door, but I can't commit to it.  I have to work on Friday.

Again, I understand that not everyone would definitely be able to make it. At the same time, there are probably 10 to 20 times more board members who could attend than El Paso because the game is in St. Pete. I think this party is a microcosm of the larger problems facing USF as our program continues to grow.

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

The Bull Backers have had similar problems with events we have tried to sponsor.    It is a challenge finding things that consistently work.  Regardless, I'm sure those of us attending will have a great time and thanks for all of your efforts in pulling this together.    :thanks

Archived