• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where will USF be ranked tomorrow?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Nothing tells me you'd avoid really trying.

I came out completely in support of one of our hires at the time of the hire, so that’s enough of a reason I would think. Especially because Urban has way more of the reasons I was in favor of the other hire. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

I just was swift enough to know that USF was going to have a difficult time replacing him and I have been (unfortunately) absolutely correct.

But it really shouldn't have been that difficult, should it? We weren't trying to find someone to build a program from scratch, something that no one could have done any better. Taking all the emotion out, we were looking to replace a coach that in 7 years of conf play, never finished higher than a tie for 3rd and only finishing more than a game over .500 in conference once in those years. Skip's resume indicated he should have a been a perfect fit but wasn't ...... and there are theories behind that but bottom line is he didn't get it done.

And for the record, I'm not endorsing CJL's firing at all, i was good giving whatever time he may need, he'd earned it ..... but just taking a hard, cold look at the situation.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

But it really shouldn't have been that difficult, should it? We weren't trying to find someone to build a program from scratch, something that no one could have done any better. Taking all the emotion out, we were looking to replace a coach that in 7 years of conf play, never finished higher than a tie for 3rd and only finishing more than a game over .500 in conference once in those years. Skip's resume indicated he should have a been a perfect fit but wasn't ...... and there are theories behind that but bottom line is he didn't get it done.

And for the record, I'm not endorsing CJL's firing at all, i was good giving whatever time he may need, he'd earned it ..... but just taking a hard, cold look at the situation.

I do not disagree with this at all.  In fact, I generally agree or at least appreciate your points.  There is no emotion either as anyone who has ever been around me watching games can attest.   I think he had worn out his welcome to a certain extent. I hated that the team never had a consistent offense  and they had trouble with the teams with the larger offensive lines which ran right at them or threw to the tight ends.  

I will admit to being a little unfair to Skip but that is more towards those who thought USF was going to the next level with him.  I think it said a lot when even the evil DUImig lamented that Holtz had been fired even though he had not done as well as advertised (I will spare you the slogan 🙃). 

For the record, I was totally against rehiring of Leavitt but had to admit that he would have created more buzz than the team has had since he left.  Would have supported Taggart but some felt he bailed at the time we needed him so I can understand why some were against.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

We are ranked 121st...up two spots 😎

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

Screenshot_20210920-080632_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Like 1