• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where will USF be ranked tomorrow?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

I really hate disagreeing with you as I respect all that you do for the program and appreciate your insight, in general. 

That said, I cannot let this go.  I was a Leavitt critic at times but want NEVER foolish enough to think just anyone was going to come in and have success here by just having the players roll their helmets on the field. So far, the only coach who has had success after him was Taggart and I get the feeling you did not like him either.  Also, I saw where you mentioned Leavitt's SMU team had a rough go of it giving up 37 to Skippypoo.  You left out that ol' Skippypoo's defense managed to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory in true Skippy soft defense fashion. 

So, while Scott certainly had a great resume and looked on paper to be a good hire, excuse me for having a different point of view in not feeling like things are headed in the right direction.  I am not calling for his job (even if it seems like he is stealing money)as I  tend to feel even the worst coaches need 3 years to show their worth.  I will be glad to be proven wrong. 

You can disagree with me and it doesn't really sound like you hated doing it.

My point was that patience for a person/team changes with the situations. 

Not quite sure what one post had to do with the other.  Other than you wanted to unload about Leavitt, whom I liked.  And Leavitt isn't the offensive coordinator thus my pointing out his defense gave up 37. And that was mostly for pucs benefit.

I came to like Taggart like I did QF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You can disagree with me and it doesn't really sound like you hated doing it.

My point was that patience for a person/team changes with the situations. 

Not quite sure what one post had to do with the other.  Other than you wanted to unload about Leavitt, whom I liked.  And Leavitt isn't the offensive coordinator thus my pointing out his defense gave up 37. And that was mostly for pucs benefit.

I came to like Taggart like I did QF.

I appreciate the points. 

I prefer to give people I like or respect the benefit of the doubt when I disagree with them on a subject. I am never afraid of confrontation just prefer to avoid it most of the time with said persons. 

Only Puc holds Leavitt to a high standard.  I just was swift enough to know that USF was going to have a difficult time replacing him and I have been (unfortunately) absolutely correct. I hope one day to be wrong. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

42 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I just was swift enough to know that USF was going to have a difficult time replacing him and I have been (unfortunately) absolutely correct. I hope one day to be wrong. 

In the grand scheme of things, no matter who replaced xCJL, they would never be able to have the same place in any USF fan's heart. If xCJL retired this past year and we brought in Urban Meyer, we'd still never have a coach who cared about the program the same way. People would still be ********. Replacing xCJL is a dead horse for anyone who brings it up. Every coach post-Leavitt is based solely on wins. If you bring emotion and caring about the program into the equation, you're making things up to complain about.

And this isn't pointed at you. It is a general statement. 

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

43 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I appreciate the points. 

I prefer to give people I like or respect the benefit of the doubt when I disagree with them on a subject. I am never afraid of confrontation just prefer to avoid it most of the time with said persons. 

Only Puc holds Leavitt to a high standard.  I just was swift enough to know that USF was going to have a difficult time replacing him and I have been (unfortunately) absolutely correct. I hope one day to be wrong. 

I don’t think he did the best anyone has done anywhere, I think he did the best anyone has done here and it hasn’t been close. I look forward to a day when we can talk about the amazing job he did in building things but how someone else has done the best job. So far the most  every other coach does is a single season, strangely that hasn’t been enough to win me over. None of them are even above .500.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

In the grand scheme of things, no matter who replaced xCJL, they would never be able to have the same place in any USF fan's heart. If xCJL retired this past year and we brought in Urban Meyer, we'd still never have a coach who cared about the program the same way. People would still be ********. Replacing xCJL is a dead horse for anyone who brings it up. Every coach post-Leavitt is based solely on wins. If you bring emotion and caring about the program into the equation, you're making things up to complain about.

And this isn't pointed at you. It is a general statement. 

I agree the problem has been none of them have won even as much as they lost much less even sniffed CJL’s record (add in the bonus points for building the program and always playing with recruits from a level below while the rest have coached while dropping levels and I’m not sure how anyone has any arguments). Urban Meyer may end up available at the end of the season and even though he couldn’t beat CJL I would be willing to give him a shot.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I agree the problem has been none of them have won even as much as they lost much less even sniffed CJL’s record (add in the bonus points for building the program and always playing with recruits from a level below while the rest have coached while dropping levels and I’m not sure how anyone has any arguments). Urban Meyer may end up available at the end of the season and even though he couldn’t beat CJL I would be willing to give him a shot.

Again, making up an argument just to be able to insert xCJL into the equation. Dabo couldn't beat Skip Holtz. Would that be a red flag for you too if he was hired by USF? You can't resist. That was my point. In 2035, we could beat Auburn for the National Championship and your first post would be starting a thread about how xCJL did it, so it isn't something we should be excited about.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTrue said:

Again, making up an argument just to be able to insert xCJL into the equation. Dabo couldn't beat Skip Holtz. Would that be a red flag for you too if he was hired by USF? You can't resist. That was my point. In 2035, we could beat Auburn for the National Championship and your first post would be starting a thread about how xCJL did it, so it isn't something we should be excited about.

It was supposed to be a humorous spin on your take, if we could get Urban Meyer here I highly doubt many would take umbrage with it (until he bolts).

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It was supposed to be a humorous spin on your take, if we could get Urban Meyer here I highly doubt many would take umbrage with it (until he bolts).

It would take you, roughly, 30 seconds to come up with a reason why Urban Meyer is a bad hire and we should have taken the corpse of xCJL as head coach over him.

Just now, JTrue said:

It would take you, roughly, 30 seconds to come up with a reason why Urban Meyer is a bad hire and we should have taken the corpse of xCJL as head coach over him.

I mean if I really tried I’m sure I could at least come up with the one I just did, and I’ll let you in on a little secret I didn’t oppose every single other coaching hire only 3 of the 4 and I was wrong by a lot. That being said I would definitely support and Urban Meyer coaching hire if for no other reason than it would piss off Gator fans (also the reasons I supported the bad hire were for lesser versions of the reasons I would be all in on a Got Urban? Campaign.)

Just now, puc86 said:

I mean if I really tried I’m sure I could at least come up with the one I just did, and I’ll let you in on a little secret I didn’t oppose every single other coaching hire only 3 of the 4 and I was wrong by a lot. That being said I would definitely support and Urban Meyer coaching hire if for no other reason than it would piss off Gator fans (also the reasons I supported the bad hire were for lesser versions of the reasons I would be all in on a Got Urban? Campaign.)

Nothing tells me you'd avoid really trying.