• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After reviewing the tape...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I thought Selvie had a huge impact on UCF's ability to pass. Everytime I turned around George was in the backfield. The defense did not allow a touchdown for more than the first 56 minutes of the game. Is there a depth problem?

Special teams have to improve or prepare for a good old fashion Butt Whoopin'. Kansas may not be as motivated as UCF, but their talent level is head and shoulders above the Knights.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

But what did the helmets and uniforms look like? ;D

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

lol  ;D

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Love the information.  What happened to Taylor, was Leavitt holding back on the plays for the Kansas game.

• Content Count:  470

BigShoop:

Great write up. 

I understand your reason for skipping the Alverado topic.  :deadhorse However, I would like to hear your (and others’, of course) analysis on what the kicking situation means going into the Kansas game.  We know how it affected us against UCF, but how will it affect us in the bigger picture against KU?

As I stated in my explanation for choosing KU over USF in the contest thread, I have a huge fear that our inability to consistently convert field goals successfully will cause the offense to do everything possible to culminate each successful drive into a touchdown. This type of aggressiveness is probably good in theory, but in practice, it is the type of attitude that leads to demoralizing end-of-drive turnovers.  You can’t just take the option of the field goal out of a game and hope to win; yet, I feel that we are very close to that exact position going into the KU game and it isn’t good.

How do you think the kicking game’s current struggles will affect the overall performance of our Bulls on Friday night?  Thanks.

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

I think that when it comes time to kick CJL will send the kicker onto the field and let him kick it.

I also think we need to be on the left hash or middle of the field. He tends to push his kicks a little to much from the right side.

I think ALL punters need to kick for the 20 yards of sideline instead of 10 yards in the middle of the field before a touchback.

I think I'll have another beer.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

as was said Shoop...thank god you have no life and can do this so I can just read your analysis! :)

that being said great analysis and keep it coming.

also...I must throw out a thanks to shoop because he'll take the time to teach you the game if you're willing to learn...something not everyone will do. On one of the plays the flag got thrown and Shoop got to hear in stereo "Block in the Back!"...his gf and I both yelling out the correct penalty the second we saw the flag. He heard her and not me cause he's learned over the years to tune me out. I just think it's a great testament to what people can learn when others are willing to share their knowledge whether it's in person or on a message board - now back on topic!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

BigShoop:

Great write up. 

I understand your reason for skipping the Alverado topic.   :deadhorse However, I would like to hear your (and others’, of course) analysis on what the kicking situation means going into the Kansas game.  We know how it affected us against UCF, but how will it affect us in the bigger picture against KU?

As I stated in my explanation for choosing KU over USF in the contest thread, I have a huge fear that our inability to consistently convert field goals successfully will cause the offense to do everything possible to culminate each successful drive into a touchdown. This type of aggressiveness is probably good in theory, but in practice, it is the type of attitude that leads to demoralizing end-of-drive turnovers.  You can’t just take the option of the field goal out of a game and hope to win; yet, I feel that we are very close to that exact position going into the KU game and it isn’t good.

How do you think the kicking game’s current struggles will affect the overall performance of our Bulls on Friday night?  Thanks.

Im not shoop but heres my analysis on the kicking situation.....Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani Maikon Bonani....I think you get the point. 

• Content Count:  3,827

As for last Saturday night, I'm glad our Bulls were able to pull out a win in such a hostile environment.  I don't think we'll see another team with the same level of "motivation" that UCF displayed Saturday night.  Everyone is talking about that purple Carolina school that rhymes with gay, but I think we just beat this year's CUSA champs. 

I disagree on both points. West Virginia has us at home, final game of the season, has lost 2 in a row to us, AND is currently a game behind us.

East Carolina plays defense, and has a very effecient offense. UCF has neither.

Get a life loser    ;)

*hangs head in shame*

The uniforms are friggiing awesome.

The helmets are frigging disgusting.

By the way, you sir, were on TV...

BigShoop:

I see where you're coming from...but I honestly think it'll be business as usual. I think the team is kind of used to it, after an entire year of Alvarado in '07. I think Leavitt will trot Alvarado out there again, just like he did last year. He'll say that "after the Auburn game he turned it around and we have confidence he'll do it again".

It takes a LOT for Leavitt to put a true freshman on the field at a pressure packed position. So unless he's the 2nd coming of Lou Groza, I doubt we see Bonani out there....which is a shame, in my opinion.

Archived