• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grand Opening of new Marshall Center

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Shouldn't the seal be roped off?

2783488871_917b6c8eca_m.jpg

I think it would be cool if students just refuse to walk on it as a tradition.  Perhaps submit letters or the Oracle and convince other students to avoid it.  If you rope it off it just looks like "the man" wont let you walk there.  If students refuse to step on the seal then it is tradition.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I went there for lunch and walked around all 4 floors today, its amazing.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I think it would be cool if students just refuse to walk on it as a tradition.  Perhaps submit letters or the Oracle and convince other students to avoid it.  If you rope it off it just looks like "the man" wont let you walk there.  If students refuse to step on the seal then it is tradition.

I like your idea. 

I say we have freshmen (greek, beef studs, rotc, etc) guard it until people get the hint.  take 1 hour shifts, 24 hours a day.  Just kidding by the way, but i do like your idea.

• Content Count:  2,187

The new building is amazing. I just wish they would get rid of the blue on the outside!

I hope it will continue to unify our school. Can't wait to see the completed project.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

It's nice, but I'm hoping once the interior is complete, there is a bigger wow factor.  Based on all the talk and documents I was expecting much more.  It is flat out huge.  You don't quite grasp how big the place is by standing in the foyer/entry way.  I like the exterior.  It is actually interesting how they incorporated the colors and style of all of the architechture on campus into the building.  The curvy metallic rotunda like features look like the psuedo art deco buildings like the theater next door, but more modern.  I think they should have used the metal work on the interior too though, the textured paint on the curved walls looks cheap. 

• Content Count:  684

can someone post some pics of the new building for us who dont get around campus often?

• Content Count:  10,199

I like your idea. 

I say we have freshmen (greek, beef studs, rotc, etc) guard it until people get the hint.  take 1 hour shifts, 24 hours a day.  Just kidding by the way, but i do like your idea.

lol actually I like your idea about students guarding it in shifts

thats a sweet looking building i'll have to check that out sometime

• Content Count:  470

To those of you who have been in the new Beef O’Brady’s:

Are there plenty of t.v.s?  And, if so, has anyone inquired into what sorts of sporting packages they have?  Let’s say, you know, hypothetically, I wanted to watch my Phillies today or the Eagles on any given Sunday, do you think they would be available for viewing at the Marshall Center Beef’s? In other words, do they have MLB Extra Innings and will they have NFL Sunday Ticket? 

Thanks!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Went by today and checked out the new MC. I definitely think they need to rope off the Great Seal. I think it would look great.

Guest chuszai

I'm sitting in the 3rd floor of the new MC right now and it's so nice!  There's a ton of people since classes started, but it still feels very open... a huge improvement of the old building.  Plenty of outlets, too!  There are two guys playing fancy music, one on piano and the other on cello, so that's a little strange, but they're giving out 4-subject notebooks so I couldn't care less about the fancy music.

Lots of people with video cameras as well.

This space was definitely needed and it's wonderful.

Archived