• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is O'Leary....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

the old curmudgeon, crotchety old man is at it again.....His quotes in this article sum up George O'leary better than any post or explanation.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-ucfbeat1808aug18,0,3090796.story

"I have no control over those things," he said. "I don't worry about them. I really don't. There's a big building there.

"Instead of making a left, we'll make a right, that's all. We'll be all set. . . . We'll get practice in, you can book it."

O'Leary added that he is always concerned about the safety of coaches' families.

Ohhh did i say I didn't care and we're practicing anyway.  Oh I meant to say I do care about the safety of the coaches' families...oh and don't me forget the safety of my players I thnk...

talk about a crotchety ole ball coach, a hurricane coming through, there is almost no chance they'd allow him to practice in that facility if the winds get above say 40 MPH, and he doesn't care, no worries....'just shut-up, leave me alone, and stop asking me **** questions you stupid Sentinel.'  I must say this Limon reporter is doing a much better job capturing the essence of O'Leary than that Hightower kid ever did. If I ever read a quote by O'Leary that sums him up as a person it's this one above.  Keeping in mind that you know that last part, about his coaches' families, was made begrudgingly, and it was a obligatory response for fear he'd sound to obtuse, to much like himself. ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I think Limon is providing deeper and more complete UCF coverage, and she's doing it without a hint of bitterness over the whole boycott thing.

She's handled her assignment extremely well, and is a much better reporter than Kyle Hightower was.  UCF should be thankful she's providing so much info.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Nope.  The UCiF forum trolls still hate the one newspaper to tell the truth about their program.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Bien...you also missed the best part of the blog post. "UCF has great fans". So many great fans that they had around 200 of them show up to their fan day.

Sort of odd that they didn't show up in masse considering how important they say winning a C-DOA championship is for them. Is that the way you show thanks for a "great season" full of moral victories and a "championship"? A whole 200 fans......WOW!!!!!

"We have great fans," O'Leary said. Funny.....good thing O'Liar is good at lying.

Etc.

More than 200 people watched practice and the crowd swelled as players moved into the stadium to sign autographs and pose for pictures at UCF's Fan Day.

"We have great fans," O'Leary said. "They were great last year. They really made the stadium a great place to play in and we couldn't say enough about what they did.

• Content Count:  573

IMO, that slime never deserved another chance for what he did.  I'm all about giving second chances to people but not to no good lying scum. Drunks can quit drinking with support but liars can never stop lying.  He should still be an NFL assistant instead of leading young men.  But thats what happens when a school gets deperate.

• Content Count:  2,239

So King, if you get fired from a job for doing a bad job, you should be unemployed forever?  Didn't think so.

• Content Count:  573

Dawg, your absolutley right.  People deserve second chances in life.  My train of thought on GOL is that his misdeed was so great that he shouldn't have been allowed to coach amateurs ever again.  This is not because he went to UCF.  My initial thought once he was fired from ND was that he would never coach college ball again.

• Content Count:  3,574

Dawg, your absolutley right.  People deserve second chances in life.  My train of thought on GOL is that his misdeed was so great that he shouldn't have been allowed to coach amateurs ever again.  This is not because he went to UCF.  My initial thought once he was fired from ND was that he would never coach college ball again.

Question... did GOL actually go to college?  I know his resume had false information of where he went to school and where he played as a collegiate.

I'm thinking he at least has an undergrad. No?

• Content Count:  711

the old curmudgeon, crotchety old man is at it again.....His quotes in this article sum up George O'leary better than any post or explanation.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-ucfbeat1808aug18,0,3090796.story

"I have no control over those things," he said. "I don't worry about them. I really don't. There's a big building there.

"Instead of making a left, we'll make a right, that's all. We'll be all set. . . . We'll get practice in, you can book it."

O'Leary added that he is always concerned about the safety of coaches' families.

Ohhh did i say I didn't care and we're practicing anyway.  Oh I meant to say I do care about the safety of the coaches' families...oh and don't me forget the safety of my players I thnk...

talk about a crotchety ole ball coach, a hurricane coming through, there is almost no chance they'd allow him to practice in that facility if the winds get above say 40 MPH, and he doesn't care, no worries....'just shut-up, leave me alone, and stop asking me **** questions you stupid Sentinel.'  I must say this Limon reporter is doing a much better job capturing the essence of O'Leary than that Hightower kid ever did. If I ever read a quote by O'Leary that sums him up as a person it's this one above.  Keeping in mind that you know that last part, about his coaches' families, was made begrudgingly, and it was a obligatory response for fear he'd sound to obtuse, to much like himself. ;D ;D ;D

Safety?  I don't think O'Leary would make them practice in a hurricane or would be allowed to.  Just because school is closed doen't mean squat.  My boss is making us work tomorrow and I'm in an evacuation zone....she told me me..evacuate, sure...just be at work on time.  That's the business.  Gimme a break, S.Bienanidiot.  It's a weak tropical storm....we see worse from thunder storms...it's hardly Katrina on its way here.  Football matters more.

• Content Count:  711

By the way...your posts aren't going to change recruits minds.  We just snagged one from you and quit playing the homer hero thinking your message board deeds will help.  You look like  a fool.

Archived