• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is O'Leary....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Are we now reduced to running scrimmage/fan day attendance smack?  Season can't get here soon enough.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Are we now reduced to running scrimmage/fan day attendance smack?  Season can't get here soon enough.

Yes, it is sad, isn't it?

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

Omni, don't be so sensitive.  Smile.

Cyber didn't make up the 200 number.  Must have come from a UCF article.  They should have consulted you with your head count first. 

With UCF's recent championship, indoor practice facility, shiny new campus and stadium, plus the new on campus bar, I would expect a couple thousand.

430-500 seems really low.   

I'm not really interested in debating numbers. It's just apparent that these two (Bien and CB) consistently attempt to spin two words (or even the tone of a dictated interview) into our program's demise.

George was smiling, a starting qb was named, and our fans were having good sweaty fun on a Sunday afternoon in August. To me, it was a great day to be a Knight.

• Content Count:  88

I think omni was referring to 430-5 start time.  Either way though.  I'm sure that USF would've had double or triple the 200 fans at their practice had it been open to the public on Fan Day.

yep.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Cyber didn't make up the 200 number.  Must have come from a UCF article.  They should have consulted you with your head count first. 

With UCF's recent championship, indoor practice facility, shiny new campus and stadium, plus the new on campus bar, I would expect a couple thousand.

I'm not really interested in debating numbers. It's just apparent that these two (Bien and CB) consistently attempt to spin two words (or even the tone of a dictated interview) into our program's demise.

George was smiling, a starting qb was named, and our fans were having good sweaty fun on a Sunday afternoon in August. To me, it was a great day to be a Knight.

Good deal, glad you had a good time.  I'm sure everyday, except on days when UCF and USF play, is a great day to be a Golden Knight.

Both sides give each other greif....all in good fun.

• Content Count:  4,016

the old curmudgeon, crotchety old man is at it again.....His quotes in this article sum up George O'leary better than any post or explanation.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-ucfbeat1808aug18,0,3090796.story

"I have no control over those things," he said. "I don't worry about them. I really don't. There's a big building there.

"Instead of making a left, we'll make a right, that's all. We'll be all set. . . . We'll get practice in, you can book it."

O'Leary added that he is always concerned about the safety of coaches' families.

Ohhh did i say I didn't care and we're practicing anyway.  Oh I meant to say I do care about the safety of the coaches' families...oh and don't me forget the safety of my players I thnk...

talk about a crotchety ole ball coach, a hurricane coming through, there is almost no chance they'd allow him to practice in that facility if the winds get above say 40 MPH, and he doesn't care, no worries....'just shut-up, leave me alone, and stop asking me **** questions you stupid Sentinel.'  I must say this Limon reporter is doing a much better job capturing the essence of O'Leary than that Hightower kid ever did. If I ever read a quote by O'Leary that sums him up as a person it's this one above.  Keeping in mind that you know that last part, about his coaches' families, was made begrudgingly, and it was a obligatory response for fear he'd sound to obtuse, to much like himself. ;D ;D ;D

For starters, if you were there to actually watch the interview you would have noticed that he was smirking the entire time. You sound like an idiot.

Bien...you also missed the best part of the blog post. "UCF has great fans". So many great fans that they had around 200 of them show up to their fan day.

Sort of odd that they didn't show up in masse considering how important they say winning a C-DOA championship is for them. Is that the way you show thanks for a "great season" full of moral victories and a "championship"? A whole 200 fans......WOW!!!!!

"We have great fans," O'Leary said. Funny.....good thing O'Liar is good at lying.

Etc.

More than 200 people watched practice and the crowd swelled as players moved into the stadium to sign autographs and pose for pictures at UCF's Fan Day.

"We have great fans," O'Leary said. "They were great last year. They really made the stadium a great place to play in and we couldn't say enough about what they did.

200 showed up to fan day huh?  ::)  I was there and I can tell you that it was exponentially greater than that. FYI (since you want to go on pretending you weren't there) - there was a practice before fan day that some people came out to (primarily players' families and some fans). The fan base really showed up at 430-5 for fan day.

You guys are really pulling at straws here.

He was smirking when he said it, possibly, maybe probably but I am sure in his head he was thinking how he could get a practice in...hell I am a big enough boy with thick skin to know Leavitt probably would think the same thing.

They had 200 we had 3500 or more...but Omniknight was there and he physically counted and we all know how official that is just as official as him standing next to O'Leary when he said that quote to Limon. He's the Forest Gump of UCF athletics, by stupid happenstance, and moronic actions he is everywhere.

• Content Count:  2,239

200 showed up to fan day huh?  ::)  I was there and I can tell you that it was exponentially greater than that. FYI (since you want to go on pretending you weren't there) - there was a practice before fan day that some people came out to (primarily players' families and some fans). The fan base really showed up at 430-5 for fan day.

You guys are really pulling at straws here.

A lot of fans, like myself, do not live in close proximity to UCF, so I have to pick and choose my trips.  I'll take a football game over fan day.

• Content Count:  398

I'd love it if I didn't hear anything about UCF until August 31st. There are other teams far more important than them in our schedule this season.

• Content Count:  711

By the way...your posts aren't going to change recruits minds.  We just snagged one from you and quit playing the homer hero thinking your message board deeds will help.  You look like  a fool.

Huh?  Deeds?  What are you talking about demented young sir?  I thought it was funny comments because you could actually feel the real O'Leary coming through there.  I mean come on if you're a UCF fan at least be honest with people and stop acting like O'Leary is some sweet and loving coach, a players coach--- you sound like a big dolt then.  We all know O'Leary is a bit of a crotchety old ball coach, he's old school as you'll see, and tough as nails.  That's not necessarily a knock either because he wins games and his demeanor gets the job done.  The point about that quote was you could feel that crotchety old school attitude screaming through the pages, and Limon did a good job capturing it.  Kinda like Tampa reporters now have Leavitt and his fidgety, antsy, work-a-holic attitude down.

Oh, and goldbuc, our coaches don't need help to out recruit your staff.  They've been doing it for nearly 10 years now.  And now recently it's severely outrecruiting them.  If Brandon wants to spin to swell his and the dumgeon egos that's his perogative, but the real guys know the truth.  He remembers in 2003 when I told him about pumping recruits to much....we saw where alot of those inflated rankings got you.

But keep on worrying.

Actually...I'm not a GOL apologist at all.  I know he's tough and old school.  I just don't think he was risking the lives of his kids or whoever else having a practice in the midst of a storm that wasn't even there.  I think you accusing him for something that's basically an opinion of your own.

I didn't say you weren't recruiting well, either....just said we stole one the other day from ya!  But my question is what your agenda seems to be with these UCF/GOL threads?  It's as though your trying to break down some barrier and release something you think is wrong...but I don't see anything wrong going on.

I could start threads that I think Leavitt loses control too easily on the sidelines and losing that type of composure affects the players, too.  But that's just an observation and I'm not in the locker room...so I really can't say anything.

• Content Count:  711

This is a picture a UCF fan took the other day....Omni probably got there around this time...and there may only be 200 people there...but it looks like more than that...or it could have to Omni.

I wasn't there...I live in St. Pete and will be there next weekend, instead.  But honestly...I didn't even know about the fan day...until just before it...and I'm a pretty big fan...but never really go out to those things.  I didn't go to Bucs fan day either...and I live just across the Howard Franklin from Ray Jay.

ucf18.JPG

Archived