• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is O'Leary....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

This is a picture a UCF fan took the other day....Omni probably got there around this time...and there may only be 200 people there...but it looks like more than that...or it could have to Omni.

I wasn't there...I live in St. Pete and will be there next weekend, instead.  But honestly...I didn't even know about the fan day...until just before it...and I'm a pretty big fan...but never really go out to those things.  I didn't go to Bucs fan day either...and I live just across the Howard Franklin from Ray Jay.

ucf18.JPG

That picture brings back pleasant memories of old Phillips Field .... and, to be perfectly honest, that support structure looks downright inadequate and can understand why it sways.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I'd love it if I didn't hear anything about UCF until August 31st. There are other teams far more important than them in our schedule this season.

[/quote

You're on the wrong board then, son.  The Bulls here can't stop posting about UCF.  Hell, one guy has a whole UCF thread dedicated to him cause he is that obsessed.

• Content Count:  398

I'd love it if I didn't hear anything about UCF until August 31st. There are other teams far more important than them in our schedule this season.

You're on the wrong board then, son.  The Bulls here can't stop posting about UCF.  Hell, one guy has a whole UCF thread dedicated to him cause he is that obsessed.

I know, it is wishful thinking right now. I'm hoping it'll die down to nothing after the final game with UCF.

• Content Count:  573

A recruiting "victory" is getting the player you want, period.  If you were recruiting a kid, gave an offer and they turned it down for another school, spin it how you want, but that's a recruiting "loss".

That is seeing clearly.

First of all.....I'm not knocking Floyd, but to suggest that this was a "recruiting loss" for USF is a BIG stretch.  USF has at least half a  dozen higher profile WRs it is chasing and interest from a bunch of kids of Floyd's ability. Furthermore, what exactly did Floyd "turn down"? USF has been VERY selective with its written offers this year, so did he have a verbal offer from USF vs  written from UCF? 

It also stands to reason, that if Floyd was higher on UCF's recruiting board, UCiF was going to spend more time with the kid than USF where he is much lower on our board.  Perhaps he figured out that UCF was simply more interested. You can't blame the kid for going where he felt most wanted. Good for him....

You may be right.  However, there is still a small degree of spin there.  If you managed to land the kid, it would have been a recruiting "win".  Far too often, I see fans give the song and dance that a school didn't need/want him when he decided to go elsewhere.  Sometimes, it's proven to be correct(Joshua Jarboe turning down UCF), but most of the time, they could have used the player.

This is what I was talking about. If UCF gets Josh Robinson over USF then I would consider that a loss.  Even though I think that Josh Robinson would only pick UCF over USF because of possible early playing time, I would still consider it a loss because USF is going after him pretty hard. 

The main thing that matters to me is how hard a kid is being recruited not just the fact that he's been offered a schollie, verbal or written. If we do lose Josh or someone like that to UCF then I will say congrats on the victory.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I hope the Dull Shack doesn't collapse before we play in it.

After that, it won't matter because you will never have a ranked OOC team come play in it.

Never?

Miami, BC and NC State are coming.  Any could be ranked.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Never?

I'm not gunna go dig through UCF's future schedules to see when the home games for each team are after going on the road atleast twice are.  I suppose they could be ranked, but that's really only bad news for UCF as they'll pound you like mash potatoes smother you in gravy and eat you up.

Never?

I'm not gunna go dig through UCF's future schedules to see when the home games for each team are after going on the road atleast twice are.  I suppose they could be ranked, but that's really only bad news for UCF as they'll pound you like mash potatoes smother you in gravy and eat you up.

You're 2 for 2 in the wrong category.  All 3 are 1-1 deals.

More can be scheduled later, so to say never is setting yourself up for a fall.  I'm sure Pitt thought that I-A newbie South Florida would NEVER beat them and look what happened.  Nuff said.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I just thought I'd point out with all the chanting and breast-beating the Kaniggits were doing about their indoor facility during this heinous storm (when their fans weren't busy on the Rivals board rooting for devastation in Tampa), USF lost exactly ZERO practices due to Fay. Hell, it didn't even rain. ;D

• Content Count:  4,016

I just thought I'd point out with all the chanting and breast-beating the Kaniggits were doing about their indoor facility during this heinous storm (when their fans weren't busy on the Rivals board rooting for devastation in Tampa), USF lost exactly ZERO practices due to Fay. Hell, it didn't even rain. ;D

Not that I don't bow down and think the knights are the coolest, and awesomest program in the whole state because they have the great indoor facility and all, but some parts of the natural elements should be experienced by a team too.  Going inside to practice isn't always such a great idea.

Archived