• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is O'Leary....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

By the way...your posts aren't going to change recruits minds.  We just snagged one from you and quit playing the homer hero thinking your message board deeds will help.  You look like  a fool.

The only thing foolish is adamantly thinking that USF was out-recruited for the kid in question.  Offering a scholarship and truly going after a kid are 2 very different things.  I know your going to think i'm just saying this because I'm a homer but it happens at every school across the country. 

The kid may have seen that we are deep at WR so early PT may be a problem,  we are recruiting better WRs than him at the same time, and/or may not have liked the little attention paid to him from our coaches.  All or some may be true but you just see it as a recruiting victory when in fact it may not have been. 

I may wear green and gold goggles but I can still see clearly.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239

By the way...your posts aren't going to change recruits minds.  We just snagged one from you and quit playing the homer hero thinking your message board deeds will help.  You look like  a fool.

This is a contradiction.  If you're wearing the goggles, you cannot see things clearly.  The clear response is that this is the nature of the game.  Schools beat out other schools for recruits.  Those who cannot see it clearly make excuses, such as PT or that he is perceived as not good enough or something like that.  The reality is that every athlete wants something else out of their collegiate career.  Some schools are stronger in some areas than others and people mesh better with some than others.

A recruiting "victory" is getting the player you want, period.  If you were recruiting a kid, gave an offer and they turned it down for another school, spin it how you want, but that's a recruiting "loss".

That is seeing clearly.

• Content Count:  573

This is a contradiction.  If you're wearing the goggles, you cannot see things clearly.  The clear response is that this is the nature of the game.  Schools beat out other schools for recruits.  Those who cannot see it clearly make excuses, such as PT or that he is perceived as not good enough or something like that.  The reality is that every athlete wants something else out of their collegiate career.  Some schools are stronger in some areas than others and people mesh better with some than others.

A recruiting "victory" is getting the player you want, period.  If you were recruiting a kid, gave an offer and they turned it down for another school, spin it how you want, but that's a recruiting "loss".

That is seeing clearly.

I agree to disagree, kind sir.

• Content Count:  4,016

Huh?  Deeds?  What are you talking about demented young sir?  I thought it was funny comments because you could actually feel the real O'Leary coming through there.  I mean come on if you're a UCF fan at least be honest with people and stop acting like O'Leary is some sweet and loving coach, a players coach--- you sound like a big dolt then.  We all know O'Leary is a bit of a crotchety old ball coach, he's old school as you'll see, and tough as nails.  That's not necessarily a knock either because he wins games and his demeanor gets the job done.  The point about that quote was you could feel that crotchety old school attitude screaming through the pages, and Limon did a good job capturing it.  Kinda like Tampa reporters now have Leavitt and his fidgety, antsy, work-a-holic attitude down.

Oh, and goldbuc, our coaches don't need help to out recruit your staff.  They've been doing it for nearly 10 years now.  And now recently it's severely outrecruiting them.  If Brandon wants to spin to swell his and the dumgeon egos that's his perogative, but the real guys know the truth.  He remembers in 2003 when I told him about pumping recruits to much....we saw where alot of those inflated rankings got you.

But keep on worrying.

IMO, that slime never deserved another chance for what he did.  I'm all about giving second chances to people but not to no good lying scum. Drunks can quit drinking with support but liars can never stop lying.  He should still be an NFL assistant instead of leading young men.  But thats what happens when a school gets deperate.

I don't think he's a slime but just after that story and realizing all the fabrications on his resume I never thought he would be a HC again, especially in college. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Here's a GREAT article from the Florida Today talking about UCF's practice/recruiting advantage over other state schools (using GOL's quotes from some article in Orlando):

Fay doesn't bother UCF

State's only college indoor football facility perfect in rain

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/SPORTS/808190317

Fay doesn't bother UCF

BY JOHN DENTON • FLORIDA TODAY • August 19, 2008

A bolt of lightning snapped in the distance and thunder popped as a heavy squall tore across the University of Central Florida's practice field Monday afternoon. But instead of the downpour signaling an end to practice, players simply scurried to a location just a kickoff away.

"Anytime you know you can make a right instead of a left coming off the practice field, it makes it a lot easier," UCF coach George O'Leary quipped, referring to the team's indoor practice facility.

See free link for complete article.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Good for UCF.  UCF needs all the practice it can get in if it wants to keep it closer than 52 against USF this year...

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

How often does UCF practice indoors?  They looked soft last year under the Florida sun in the USF game.  With talking to some UCF guys they thought practicing indoors had something to do with it.

Plus, I would think they practice in the rain sometimes just to get used to it, right?

Here's a GREAT article from the Florida Today talking about UCF's practice/recruiting advantage over other state schools (using GOL's quotes from some article in Orlando):

Fay doesn't bother UCF

Fay doesn't bother UCF

BY JOHN DENTON • FLORIDA TODAY • August 19, 2008

A bolt of lightning snapped in the distance and thunder popped as a heavy squall tore across the University of Central Florida's practice field Monday afternoon. But instead of the downpour signaling an end to practice, players simply scurried to a location just a kickoff away.

"Anytime you know you can make a right instead of a left coming off the practice field, it makes it a lot easier," UCF coach George O'Leary quipped, referring to the team's indoor practice facility.

See free link for complete article.

I am glad you're proud to have the non-A/C indoor building with sheet metal siding.  I am not cracking on it, but suffice it to say it would probably be one of the last buildings the UCF Facilities Manager would want people in when there is 30-50MPH winds blowing through the area.  But I am sure UCF fans will talk about it's ability to sustain 150MPH winds, and sustain itself in 100ft tidal waves....the grass inside is Kentucky bluegrass, and the air, though without an HVAC is perpetually at 65 degrees F.   The walls are all laced with gold and amber to enhance the luster to recruits.

It's a perk, and you're proud of it so that's great for UCF fans.    

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Nothing in that article mentioned how it helped with recruiting ..... You do have some quotes where potential recruits ot commited ones have noted the indoor facility as part of their reason for considering/commiting to UCF?

Archived