• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt wants Gators to come to Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Why would they come to play us at our house.  Everything to loose and very little to gain. Redneck Gainsville will give them more money as the toothless will show up to support the gators.  In Tampa, it would be a sell out but that does not benefit them.  They should have scheduled us early so they could beat us, now they have a good chance of loosing.

If UF ever came to Tampa to play USF, USF fans would be outnumbered 2 to 1 in their own stadium.  Just as Miami how that works.

considering we will have 40K in season tickets and student tickets combined and rayjay holds 67K the 2:1 doesn't compute.

Ha?

USF has 24K in season tickets today and they are pushing them constantly.  Are you telling me that USF will get another 16K in this economy.  There are only so many sections you can give away cheap until you have to start making money off of those season tickets.

Nope.  24K in season tickets today, and I assume we'll be around 27K by the beginning of the season.  No matter, we would have 27K in season tickets any year we hosted the Gators.  Also there are 12,501 student tickets.  Even if we did not sell a single other ticket to a USF fan that is about 40K.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

The majority of gayturds fans didnt even go to school there. Sweet jorts brah...

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Why would they come to play us at our house.  Everything to loose and very little to gain. Redneck Gainsville will give them more money as the toothless will show up to support the gators.  In Tampa, it would be a sell out but that does not benefit them.  They should have scheduled us early so they could beat us, now they have a good chance of loosing.

If UF ever came to Tampa to play USF, USF fans would be outnumbered 2 to 1 in their own stadium.  Just as Miami how that works.

considering we will have 40K in season tickets and student tickets combined and rayjay holds 67K the 2:1 doesn't compute.

Ha?

USF has 24K in season tickets today and they are pushing them constantly.  Are you telling me that USF will get another 16K in this economy.  There are only so many sections you can give away cheap until you have to start making money off of those season tickets.

He said season tickets and students combined.

Outnumbered 2:1.  Are you saying in a 65K seat stadium, 43K would be Gator fans and 22K would be Bulls?

Right now season tickets are 24K and student tickets are 12.5K....so thats 36.5K assuming no more season ticket holders and no single tickets sold to Bulls fans.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Would UF fans only be alotted a certain amount anyway? I mean if we already have 24k season ticket holders and 12,501, with UF only being able to get a certain about for students, fans, etc...then whats the big deal? We would deff. outnumber them.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Ha?

He said USF season tickets and USF students combined. Right now we have 24,000 season tickets and 12,500 student tickets. That alone is 36,500 minimum.

Last year, after losing two games, we still drew 57,000 against both Cincy and Louisville. I doubt that they even brought 3,000 fans, so over 50,000 were there to see USF.

We drew 67,000 against WVU. They probably had about 12,000 fans. So, again, there were more than 50,000 rooting for USF.

I'm sure some diehard UF fans would pay a big premium to attend a USF-UF game at RayJay but even so, I seriously doubt there would be enough of them to outnumber USF fans.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

While there are tons of gator fans here, many who might be able to get their hands on tickets...I think that many would be suprised . Aside from the season and student tickets...last year proved that there is already more than enough support to sell the house out in games against popular opponents. If UF was headed down here...I'm positive that Bulls fans would be coming out in droves for the "once in a lifetime" chance. UF would be guaranteed only their allotment.

• Content Count:  51

Win the 2010 game in the Swamp. Then let's see how it plays out. Certainly UF is not going to give us any advantage for just an opportunity to boost our in-state recruiting with a shot at beating them. They are going to let earn every bit of recognition that we deserve. I can respect that. WE WILL EARN IT. It started last year when we got our feet wet in the spotlight and will continue this year with more and more challenges.

As far as the 2:1 Gator fan ratio. I have to say no. Again numbers don't lie. 24,000 USF season ticket holders. Let say 300 of those ticket holders are flakes and sell there tickets off or are bandwagoners and jump ship when UF comes to town. You still have 12,500 die hard students that bleed green and gold. Along with 1,000 for faculty and player families. Plus a reserved 500 for recruits and the marching band. And these numbers are the bare minimum outcome. We are looking at 37,700 REAL USF fans you will be wearing green or gold or both. Plus if there are going to be any significant alotment of Gator fans they will be sitting their buts in the nose bleed seats. Enjoy the view fellas, for an arse woopin. So at worst the stadium holds 65,000 with a minimum turnout of 37,700 USF fans does not give you a 2:1 Gator fan ratio buddy boy.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,277

As of today, the only tickets available in the lower bowl for any visiting team is section 132.  It's full... between the season ticket holders (very small amount still available), students, band, reserved recruit seats, staff, etc.  They've already said that individual tickets won't be available in the lower bowl at all for any games anymore.  The lower bowl is 40K as is.  Then next year when they start selling season tix in the upper bowl, that's even less that would be available for purchase from other teams.  There's no way the ratio would be anywhere near 1:1.

• Content Count:  51

As of today, the only tickets available in the lower bowl for any visiting team is section 132.  It's full... between the season ticket holders (very small amount still available), students, band, reserved recruit seats, staff, etc.  They've already said that individual tickets won't be available in the lower bowl at all for any games anymore.  The lower bowl is 40K as is.  Then next year when they start selling season tix in the upper bowl, that's even less that would be available for purchase from other teams.  There's no way the ratio would be anywhere near 1:1.

You make good points. But you have to factor in the bandwagoneers. And there will be many if UF comes to town. It will be some excuse from someone sitting in my section with a **** gator shirt on. "Oh well I my brother graduated from there so I am rooting for both teams" or "Oh well I graduated for USF but my daughter goes to UF so I have to root for both teams", i.e. BULLshyt. Don't be surprised. Just look at the Bucs games or the Rays games. Plenty of switch hitters in this area. The unfortunate part about it is that they fail to see the benefit to support the local teams versas were they grew up or whatever else sorry ass excuse they can make. If you like BOSTON so much to GO BACK THERE. You see it all the time.

• Content Count:  3,078

including all 12,500 students as USF fans is just as dumb.  quite a few of the students will show up in the UF crap.  just take a look around campus

Archived