• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Leavitt wants Gators to come to Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

The funniest thing is that the Gator fan is really talking to himself.

Yet you acknowledge my being here.  At least pretend like you know what you are speaking of. 

What happened to the bulls fans who casually forget about FSU not being in our conference?  Schedule strength?  etc. 

Yes, your strength of schedule is amazing, top tier, a force to be reckoned with. But my argument is, i still think you need to play quality OOC opponents to get a better feel for whether or not a team should go to the NC game.

when you play 4-5 top 25 teams every year just in your conference, you don't need to go out of conference to play "good" opponents.  if the SEC teams ever want to have any chance of playing for the NC, they have to schedule a couple of "cupcakes" every year to make the season bearable.  as long as we play in this format that the only way you are going to the national championship game is if you one loss or less, two losses in SOME years, there is no point in the SEC teams going out of their way to schedule good OOC games.  that doesn't even bring up the money issue... 100,000 butts in the seats against Wyoming pays just as much as 100,000 butts in the seats against Oregon ... and losing those 100,000 to go on the road to prove yourself could be the difference between the atheltic department, as a whole, operating at break even or losing several million dollars

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14

We know FSU is not in your conference. Its the only OOC away game you will ever play for the next 20+ yrs I'm sure.

OK.  Again.  Why are you so hung up on OOC games?  When we played osu we had the #1 toughest schedule in the nation - not 3, not 2, but #1.  Then we beat the crap out of osu.  Who else did you need us to play?  The Giants?

Yes, your strength of schedule is amazing, top tier, a force to be reckoned with. But my argument is, i still think you need to play quality OOC opponents to get a better feel for whether or not a team should go to the NC game.

Why?  Back up your points.  If the toughest conference is the SEC and our schedule strength is high why do we need to?  At the end of the year the schedules are ranked.  That's why it is called a season, not one game.  You make it sound like OOC games are all that matter during the season.

I dont blame UF for what they are doing; we may not deserve a home game yet. But if you can't acknowledge that we are steadily closing the gap, you are a moron. It took UF 100 yrs to win 2 NCs, I suspect we will have atleast that many before our century mark is up.

We also won 2 in 10 years.  Point being, you might have 2 in 100 years, but you don't think we will have at least 7 - 10 more in that same span?

O and stop being a grammar natzi, its the internet for crying out loud, not a thesis paper.

Spelling should always be important.  Moreover, I was making a point with that boy.  If you want me to dumb myself down let me know.

• Content Count:  14

Tell you what kids.  You post your toughest 5 conference games this year, I will post ours.  Then you will see why you NEED OOC games and we don't. 

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

USFwho, we get it man, UF is the BEST!!! USF isnt as good as UF...we get it! Now get off our board.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Tell you what kids.  You post your toughest 5 conference games this year, I will post ours.  Then you will see why you NEED OOC games and we don't. 

Just curious, as someone else already asked, what the hell are you doing here? Did one of our fans come over to one of your boards talking crap? Are you that big of a loser that you need to come over here and "teach us a lesson"?? It's a message board for Bulls fans and these type boards usually do get a little over the top with predictions and stuff but that's what some fans do ..... but I guess we should be happy that a fan of such an esteemed program deemed it worth their while to come over and set us straight ......

Dude, get a life .... Just enjoy the fact that your once pathetic football program has made it to the top and looks like it will be there for awhile. You can forget the fact that every team in the original SEC, except Vandy, won a conference football title before you.... Hell, Tulane and GeorgiaTech won SEC titles before you ... but that's all changed and the future looks bright ..... yet you're over whining like a spoiled brat... What IS your problem??

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

USFwho, we get it man, UF is the BEST!!! USF isnt as good as UF...we get it! Now get off our board.

Meh, too much sensitivity on this board. For the most part, the Gator is right about having some of the toughest "overall" schedules out there.

Bottomline, he's going to look down on USF because that's what UF people do since they've accomplished quite a bit, and we're going to always look at USF as "the next best thing" in college football. Until we beat UF, we won't garner respect from them. Let him do his thing, and we continue doing ours. A little smack talk between our schools will make the off-season pass by much quicker.

• Content Count:  760

My view is that its hard to call someone a National Champion, when they hardly play any other team outside of their conference; and this goes for any conference for that matter, not just the SEC.

I dont blame the teams in the SEC for doing it the way they do, because the system is flawed. We have this view that only the "perfect" teams can play for the title. Thats why I'm in favor of a playoff. Have west coast teams playing east coast teams, north vs. south, mid-major vs BCS occassionally. But this is a whole other issue.

I know the SEC is "the best" conference, and I know UF is the best in Florida right now, even if you lost to Auburn  ;)

Just know that we are coming after you.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

JPMVP.

LSU played Va Tech last year. Hard to get much bigger than that.

I'm just being objective, but look at the SEC this year. Outside of the obvious OSU/USC game they have some of the biggest out of conference games. Including Auburn's showdown with WVU. UGA going to Arizona State. Alabama and Clemson. Florida and Miami.

It's tough to argue that the SEC hasn't scheduled well.

• Content Count:  2,726

By the way...this post is the hundredth post on this topic about the Gators. 

Seems like we have an awful lot of interest in this...

I like this...cause it takes our focus off of stupid things like UCF and focuses in on schools which make more sense for us.

ALSO...for USFwho?  lol 

It took UF football 100 years to win 2 Championships.  We'll get back to you in 90 years and tell ya how many Championships we've won.  lol

Until then...

:stfu :loser

GO BULLS!!!

Archived