• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt wants Gators to come to Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UF doesn't want to play USF for the same reasons a lot of fans and our athletic department don't want to play UCF.  Why give USF a chance to level the recruiting playing field and close the gap even further on UF?  If you can't see this your blinded by your green and gold goggles. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Why would they come to play us at our house.  Everything to loose and very little to gain. Redneck Gainsville will give them more money as the toothless will show up to support the gators.  In Tampa, it would be a sell out but that does not benefit them.  They should have scheduled us early so they could beat us, now they have a good chance of loosing.

If UF ever came to Tampa to play USF, USF fans would be outnumbered 2 to 1 in their own stadium.  Just as Miami how that works.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Why would they come to play us at our house.  Everything to loose and very little to gain. Redneck Gainsville will give them more money as the toothless will show up to support the gators.  In Tampa, it would be a sell out but that does not benefit them.  They should have scheduled us early so they could beat us, now they have a good chance of loosing.

If UF ever came to Tampa to play USF, USF fans would be outnumbered 2 to 1 in their own stadium.  Just as Miami how that works.

considering we will have 40K in season tickets and student tickets combined and rayjay holds 67K the 2:1 doesn't compute.

• Content Count:  99

UF doesn't want to play USF for the same reasons a lot of fans and our athletic department don't want to play UCF.  Why give USF a chance to level the recruiting playing field and close the gap even further on UF?  If you can't see this your blinded by your green and gold goggles. 

It would also cost them millions of dollars b/c of the lost home game. It makes absolutely no sense for them. If they were to play an away game, Why should it be USF over a rival like Miami or a big game vs a national power that would get them a ton more exposure?

I still think we should play UCF every year. It is a great rivalry that gets the fans for both schools excited. Thats what its about.  It will be on tv unlike WKU. More exposure for the program. I am not scared of them like some of you are. When we beat them 10 times in a row no recruit will ever pick UCF over USF and no UCF fan will ever be able to argue that they are better than the us.

• Content Count:  14

UCF used to talk smack about how they would waltz into G-ville and show us a thing or two.  Results?

1999 - Florida 58  UCF  27

2006 - Florida 42  UCF - 0

Each year ignorant fans of other teams claim we never play away OOC games.  WE DO NOT HAVE TO.  We lose millions of dollars; we have year in and out one of the toughest schedules in the nation.  I like how they also casually dismiss the FSU game. lol.  A team that from 1987 - 2000 won 12 bowl games in a row and was ranked in the top 5 each one of those years.  Oh, and Miami too every now and then.  When we have to play 12 games, do you really think we want to play a third cupcake and risk our players getting hurt?  I would much rather have another open date.

By the way, before you start ragging the likes of Troy, Western Kentucky, etc.  I noticed you have these same junk teams on your schedule coming up - and you play in a much weaker conference.  MUCH weaker.

Listen, I know you guys were all boned up about being ranked #2 (which you had no place being there - as it eventually showed); but just remember, you have years to go before you will remain consistent.  When I was at UF in the late 80's - we were terrible.  It took a great coach, great recruiting and tons of $$$$$$ to get better facilities.  Why in the world would we travel to Tampa to beat the crap out of USF and lose 3-4 million in the process?  Not to mention, you may allot 40,000 tix for your fans, but we Gator fans are the ones who will pay you double so you can sit at home while we take over your stadium. 

PS - Remember the flashes in the pan like Rutgers and Louisville?  They are now filed under the "Where are you now's".

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UCF also talked smack about how they would waltz into Tampa and do the same thing to us.

2005 - USF 31 UCF 14

2007 - USF 64 UCF 12

For a fan of a school which lost to Auburn last year at home while we beat them in their house, you sure have a lot to say.

Your coach probably knows USF a lot better than yourself.

FALCON QUEST: The morning after USF's 2002 upset of Bowling Green, Falcons coach Urban Meyer called Jim Leavitt wondering how the Bulls held his club to season lows in points (7) and yards (226). "He wanted to know how we stopped his offense," Leavitt said. "I told him, 'You know I'm not going to tell you.' "

How can you compare Rutgers and Louisvile to USF when they have been playing football for a hundred years?

USF is just starting to build enough depth needed to be consistent.

Our best years are ALL ahead.

IF UF ever plays USF in Tampa it will be a pick-em game.

• Content Count:  958

UCF used to talk smack about how they would waltz into G-ville and show us a thing or two.  Results?

Each year ignorant fans of other teams claim we never play away OOC games.  WE DO NOT HAVE TO.  We lose millions of dollars; we have year in and out one of the toughest schedules in the nation.  I like how they also casually dismiss the FSU game. lol.  A team that from 1987 - 2000 won 12 bowl games in a row and was ranked in the top 5 each one of those years.  Oh, and Miami too every now and then.  When we have to play 12 games, do you really think we want to play a third cupcake and risk our players getting hurt?  I would much rather have another open date.

By the way, before you start ragging the likes of Troy, Western Kentucky, etc.  I noticed you have these same junk teams on your schedule coming up - and you play in a much weaker conference.  MUCH weaker.

Listen, I know you guys were all boned up about being ranked #2 (which you had no place being there - as it eventually showed); but just remember, you have years to go before you will remain consistent.  When I was at UF in the late 80's - we were terrible.  It took a great coach, great recruiting and tons of $$$$$$ to get better facilities.  Why in the world would we travel to Tampa to beat the crap out of USF and lose 3-4 million in the process?  Not to mention, you may allot 40,000 tix for your fans, but we Gator fans are the ones who will pay you double so you can sit at home while we take over your stadium. 

PS - Remember the flashes in the pan like Rutgers and Louisville?  They are now filed under the "Where are you now's".

n5015843_34632920_2047.jpg

I remember USF doing something last year that UF couldn't do even with homefield advantage...

UF won't play us in Tampa because they don't have too...and I don't blame them...We shall rap3 them at the swamp in 2010.

• Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

One comment, arrogant Gator fans.  It is easy to like the team on top and with the money.  Hope you went to school there. They do not have to play us they don't need it for money or nothing. 

And for them being 2:1 on the fans in the stadium, I seriously doubt that one.  Do the math at most it is 1:1

• Content Count:  639

There were a lot of delusional Knight fans before that 2006 UF game that were hoping for an upset but I was not one of them....I knew the talent gap is HUGE and even though USF is recruiting better the talent gap between them and UF is still large but that's why you play the game but the Swamp is very tough.

That tailgate up in Gville was a good time, the best short roadtrip you can take as far as atmosphere is concerned...the game ....well not too fun 8)

• Content Count:  98

considering we will have 40K in season tickets and student tickets combined and rayjay holds 67K the 2:1 doesn't compute.

Ha?

USF has 24K in season tickets today and they are pushing them constantly.  Are you telling me that USF will get another 16K in this economy.  There are only so many sections you can give away cheap until you have to start making money off of those season tickets.

Archived