• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stampede "The Big Dog" on Monday

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

I will admit it, I used to listen to the big dog only because it is the only sports station I can get in Sarasota on my way home.  After today I have finally had it and just sent this letter to the station.  It probably won't matter, but it can't hurt and at least I said something.  The email address is wdaestudio@clearchannel.com  The more of us who email the more likely to have an effect.  Feel free to crib from my letter

To whom it may concern,

I used to be a loyal listener of the big dog, but his constant bias against USF has gotten to the point where I will no longer listen to him.  I have always appreciated his go for the home team fervor, however this seems to apply to every Tampa team but USF.  How he does not see the blatant hypocrisy is beyond me.  Then he has the gall to come on today and say that the difference between the UF-AU game and the USF-AU game was Lester, when Lester did not even play.  If you are going to be biased at least be informed.  He also said one of the main reasons we beat WVU was because White got hurt, then never feels the need to mention that Groves was out for the second half of the AU game during the Gator comeback.    I could give more examples but belaboring the issue is not the point of this letter.  I realize that it is his job to generate phone calls, but to do that by intentionally antagonizing the fans of a Tampa team is just disrespectful to the community.  In conclusion the purpose of this letter is to inform you that until he changes his attitude toward USF and at least treats them fairly  I will no longer listen to his show and I will encourage others to do likewise.

Thank You,

A former listener

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  459

I think the 'big dog' accomplished his goal.  A 10-page thread about him.

He made a few people actually care what came out of his loud, undereducated mouth.

• Content Count:  400

are we allowed to bring signs to our games that say, "BOYCOTT DUEMIG"?  or does it have to be bulls related?

• Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

i used to like his show until today...he is an a$$ who is not very knowledgable about his "home team" and probably didnt even watch the game...I wish 1010 came in better here in Hernando County

I wish we did too!!!  Perhaps someone can enlighten me... Deumig insults, berates, criticizes, and generally, denigrates USF and this post receives a crapload of hits and responses with people saying they are listening or calling in to his show... yet we all know, he will never fully admit to his complete and utter ignorance...

All the while, I will talk USF on any given morning... but when nobody would like to exalt the accomplishments of the Bulls, I have to change the topic, since there are plenty of people who would rather talk Bucs, MLB playoffs, Lightning opener, etc... while I would not mind talking much more about the Bulls, or what I saw on/from the sideline at the last game, it is rather fruitless to continue going on and on about the Bulls when there is no listener response...

Do people not want to talk in the morning?  Do you all not listen in the morning?  Just general thoughts and observations, so if anyone has an answer or opinion, please feel free to share here... Thanks

Mike Pepper

I would like to listen to your station but you practically have to be sitting under the tower in order to pick your show before sunrise. :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

Do people not want to talk in the morning?  Do you all not listen in the morning?  Just general thoughts and observations, so if anyone has an answer or opinion, please feel free to share here... Thanks

Mike Pepper

Mike, is morning drive supposed to be a big time for calls?? There's usually things going on that make taking the time to phone in tough. I try to listen every morning but don't usually have time to call .... Maybe I'll give it a concerted effort to just call in and say "Hey".  ;)

Also, talk radio listeners are notorious prize hoors .... Just a suggestion.  8)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

i used to like his show until today...he is an a$$ who is not very knowledgable about his "home team" and probably didnt even watch the game...I wish 1010 came in better here in Hernando County

I wish we did too!!!  Perhaps someone can enlighten me... Deumig insults, berates, criticizes, and generally, denigrates USF and this post receives a crapload of hits and responses with people saying they are listening or calling in to his show... yet we all know, he will never fully admit to his complete and utter ignorance...

All the while, I will talk USF on any given morning... but when nobody would like to exalt the accomplishments of the Bulls, I have to change the topic, since there are plenty of people who would rather talk Bucs, MLB playoffs, Lightning opener, etc... while I would not mind talking much more about the Bulls, or what I saw on/from the sideline at the last game, it is rather fruitless to continue going on and on about the Bulls when there is no listener response...

Mike Pepper

Mike, I'll speak for myself only but, yes mornings people don't call into shows.  Afternoons is when people get feisty, including me.  I'd love to hear more USF talk, but people are listening to other stuff in the mornings and are concentrating on other things.  I just moved down from Atlanta and it was the same up there.  Morning shows just don't get the volume or tenacity of the callers. 

• Content Count:  105

As for the lack of calls, that's my thought as well...

• Content Count:  1,297

I think the 'big dog' accomplished his goal.  A 10-page thread about him.

He made a few people actually care what came out of his loud, undereducated mouth.

Fortunately this thread doesn't improve his ratings.  I tune him out on my radio.........I'm boycotting the "weiner dog".

• Content Count:  505

Better than boycotting Douchbag is to boycott his sponsers.  That will hit the station in the pocket if sponsers drop off.  I wonder if his sponsers know that he is anti-USF?  Bull Country is big enough to make an impact.  If someone wants to post his sponsers, I will make sure I don't spend my money with them.  I will also let them know why.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Better than boycotting Douchbag is to boycott his sponsers.  That will hit the station in the pocket if sponsers drop off.  I wonder if his sponsers know that he is anti-USF?  Bull Country is big enough to make an impact.  If someone wants to post his sponsers, I will make sure I don't spend my money with them.  I will also let them know why.

Now that, my friend, is how to stick it to Deumig. Stampede the sponsors and inform that you'll no longer be purchasing their products or utilizing their services. This could be something with some serious traction if we get the community behind it. Oh yea, and stop listening to the guy. His ratings have probably never been better since he's been berating USF.

Archived