• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryan's Not the Only Sporting News Bulls Blogger

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

This is great!   ;D

Ryan actually emailed me weeks ago to be a writer for my site....After reading the email with many gramatical errors I was amazed that someone would want to apply for a WRITING job, but couldnt get it right in their initial email.  Anyway, I took a few days to get back with him and during that time he emailed me 4 times telling me he needed an answer.  I got back to him and told him we were full and that he was very unprofessional in every way.  I tried to be nice the first time, but then he got defensive and actually attacked my site....so I let him have it.

I've watched this thread all day and it has been magical!  Loads of entertainment.  

For those of you that think its a joke, its not.  He's not a UCF fan or someone pulling your chain.  

Josh Newberg

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Just goes to show that in this electronic day and age ANYONE can get a job, and that it is DIFFICULT to find good help! ;)

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

Josh Newberg I emailed you twice or three times about putting a link to my blog on USF Nation I didnt ask for a job, I already have one.

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

MikeG I've been to a lot of USF football games, basketball games, baseball games, and some softball games.

• Content Count:  1,911

Hey Mr. Expert...are you credentialed or do you watch from the stands? I don't know many professionals that work from the stands...unless we're talking about the beer guy. If you were, chances are more than a few people on this board would know who you are...it's not like the media community for USF is very big. I've covered just about every significant USF athletics event in the last three years and I'd never heard of you before you came sniffing around here.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus Effin Christ...

Ryan, I'm not going to rip you because that's been done enough, but let me just say this:

I AM a professional writer.  I've written for a living since the day I graduated from USF back in 1996, and it's my sole source of income.  That being said...

If I ever turned in a piece of content to my supervisors and/or publishers that was as bland and rife with errors as some of the things you've published on your site, I'd lose my job in a heartbeat.

One of the hardest things I ever had to do as a writer was learn to take criticism, constructive or not, and apply it to my work to make me a better writer.  Obviously, you're still in the phase where you construe criticism as a personal attack and lash out at those who criticize you.  Hopefully, as you develop your writing career, you'll learn to let it slide, because it's not ever going away.

Good luck,

Matt

PS - The Chicago Manual of Style is your friend.

• Content Count:  188

I still have the emails my friend...

• Content Count:  1,911

Jesus Effin Christ...

Ryan, I'm not going to rip you because that's been done enough, but let me just say this:

I AM a professional writer.  I've written for a living since the day I graduated from USF back in 1996, and it's my sole source of income.  That being said...

If I ever turned in a piece of content to my supervisors and/or publishers that was as bland and rife with errors as some of the things you've published on your site, I'd lose my job in a heartbeat.

One of the hardest things I ever had to do as a writer was learn to take criticism, constructive or not, and apply it to my work to make me a better writer.  Obviously, you're still in the phase where you construe criticism as a personal attack and lash out at those who criticize you.  Hopefully, as you develop your writing career, you'll learn to let it slide, because it's not ever going away.

Good luck,

Matt

PS - The Chicago Manual of Style is your friend.

Show off.

• Content Count:  2,307

I'm idiotic for saying you can't spell?  Ok "Mr. Expert..."

Archived