• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Ryan's Not the Only Sporting News Bulls Blogger

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,455
  • Days Won:  13

First, Ryan ...

Please allow me to apologize. Your initial posts made it sound like you were on staff at the Sporting News, and thus I felt you should be held to a higher standard.

However, it appears that anyone can start a blog for the Sporting News -- I just did myself:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/JimJohnson'>http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/JimJohnson

Thus, you can have all the slack you need... welcome to the blogosphere and thank you for writing about USF.

Since it is so easy to start a Sporting News blog...

Perhaps more BullsPen members would be interested in starting their own as well!!

You have to create a member profile first, but you can start from here:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/

The Sporting News says: "Showcase your sports knowledge. Comment on articles. Create your very own SportingBlog."

Yes, yhe logos are strange -- sometimes they show the Iconic U, sometimes they show the Iron Bull... but we can't blame Ryan for it...

Now those who are interested have another place to share our knowledge and help grow the Bull Nation!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ryan_Hamilton

Jim even though you start your blog doesnt mean that you get paid by SN. I am on Sporting News's staff as the sportswriter for the University of South Florida Athletics.

Go under experts for Sporting news and there will be a thing called Campus Watch, go to that and scroll down to the Big East and you will see my name under South Florida Bulls.

Jim you are now a Sporting News member, thanks for coming on the site.

Remember Jim Im not a SN member Im on the SN staff.

Guest r_to_the_izzo
Jim even though you start your blog doesnt mean that you get paid by SN. I am on Sporting News's staff as the sportswriter for the University of South Florida Athletics.

Go under experts for Sporting news and there will be a thing called Campus Watch, go to that and scroll down to the Big East and you will see my name under South Florida Bulls.

You sure don't know alot about the University of South Florida to be the "#1" source about it. I think Jim might take your job, he knows 100 times more about the school, and might even be a better writer.

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

r to the izzo your funny there is no way Jim is better than me at sportswriting about USF Athletics.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

r to the izzo your funny there is no way Jim is better than me at sportswriting about USF Athletics.

LMAO!

This kid has to be 15.  If that.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

LMAO!

This kid has to be 15.  If that.

Harvey, I think you are on to it.  I count a few grammatical mistakes in just that one sentence.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

What is wrong with you people?

Judging from your avatar, it says you are a Sporting News Expert.  If thats the case, why was there a picture of a UCF guy on your South Florida page?  The jig is up.  We're on to you.  You're either one of the following:

1.  a 15 year old kid

2.  a UCF fan with Bull envy

3.  a guy who really doesn't know much about USF, but claims to be an expert

So, which one is it?  

You're may "technically" be "on staff..."  But not the same way Brett McMurphy is on the Tampa Tribune staff.  Not the same way Greg Auman is on the St. Peterburg Times staff.  You really are misleading people when you say that.

They may pay you a little bit, but that doesn't mean you're on staff with the Sporting News.

"Sporting News' growing network of college bloggers brings you the news and views from campuses across the nation. Don't see your school listed? If you work for your college newspaper or other media in your school's town and are interested in becoming part of our Campus Watch, then e-mail us."

http://www.sportingnews.com/cfootball/campuswatch/

Anyone interesting in this Sporting News program can send an email to:

collegebloggers@sportingnews.com

At least we have a place where we can complain... for starters we should stampede them about the Stephen Moffett/Nicholas picture and the logo.

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

How many times do I have to tell you people the UCF picture on the South Florida football page isnt under my control. Also, Jim its not as easy as it looks to be an expert for SN, they just dont pay a little bit its probably more than you would think.

Archived