• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NEW LOOK of your USF Bulls.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I vote NO on the SF.  As far as the uniforms, stick with the green and white combinations.  The gold looks too much like the ducks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

NO

im not a fan of these new jerseys and blocky logos

i like ours just the way they are

gold pants would be something to try, and our helmets need to be changed from the yellow to gold, but i still like the black logo.

i really dont like the sheild on the jerseys where the numbers are supposed to be, it reminds me of the baltimore ravens

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

not bad.  BUt if you are going to try to get them to change anything... do it before we get new band uniforms for crying out loud.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Great work, Shoop!  Instead of just complaining about the uniforms, you took actionable steps to provide constructive and objective feedback to USF.  That is what we need more of, rather than the same old whining we see more often.

This almost makes up for the fact that you skip USF football games to go to auto races.  Almost. ;)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I vote NO on the SF.  As far as the uniforms, stick with the green and white combinations.  The gold looks too much like the ducks.

hum...the ducks color is yellow and they have a brighter green.  green and gold is a good combo.  i think gold pants are inifinitely better than white pants.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Great work, Shoop!  Instead of just complaining about the uniforms, you took actionable steps to provide constructive and objective feedback to USF.  That is what we need more of, rather than the same old whining we see more often.

This almost makes up for the fact that you skip USF football games to go to auto races.  Almost. ;)

Hey. Lets calm it down there fella. There are what six home games a year and one down the road making a total of seven games within driving distance. Now there only three(Daytone(2) and Homstead) "cup" races a year within driving distance and one of those is in Homstead! So to skip one game to go to a race is reasonable. IF RACING IS YOUR NUMBER ONE SPORT. Witch mine is.

Alright unis....

For everyone who likes the "traditional" look of the first jerseys... umm I got a question for you, What is traditional about USF football?

Green/green, white/white is the way to go. If you read Bucco_B's reasoning for the stripes, they tie the whole uniform together.... and they do like'um or not they serve a perpose.

Love the "SF" period.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

first of all, green on green will remain the best color combo to me forever.  not many teams use green.  the stripe only looks good on the green on green so i dont see that taking off, but I like it there.  helmet, of course, looks better.  italicized...i could take it or leave it.  I hate white pants with dark jerseys but i love gold pants with green jerseys (as 2nd home color).  not a fan of gold jerseys no matter what.  white and white needs some spicing up so the stripe is good for that.  so if home games remained green on green and road games were white on white, then you could spice up the uniforms using gold a lot (for home) or green and gold (for away).

I'm 99% sure that no other team, anywhere, uses stripes on one uni, and not on the other. So you have to choose: stripes or no stripes.

Personally, I have always hated a road white/white combo, but for some reason, that's my favorite combo of this entire set! I think Bucco_B NAILED it, and it looks sharp as hell.

HOWEVER, i would LOVE to see gold CLEATS.

Bling Bling!  ;D

great job with the logos, especially changing the bUlls logo. lake of white trim makes the whole thing look better.  i actually like the green better on the top of the bull for the shield, but the black around the mouth area makes it look more menancing.  thanks for pointing out that black stripe on the shield, i never noticed it being out of place before, jerk.  oh well. (its on my hat, heh).

Funny thing is, when I presented Bucco_B with this project, I never even mentioned "sprucing up" the current logo set. He did that on his own, and again, he really nailed it. What he did seemed like simple changes, but it really makes the entire logo set jump off the screen at you. They look stronger, faster, and bolder.

I love the thought of new Uni's as I think we're overdue for some.

Agreed. It's like they kinda half-assed the football uniforms, from the very beginning(since the new logo), and never got em right. The logo came out too late to have them on the uniforms in year 1, then they kinda sorta fixed em in year 2, and theyve been mix-matching them ever since. Meanwhile, they did the basketball jerseys all at once and pretty much nailed em on the 1st try.

What I do like:

• The shield is much improved and I absolutely love it on the sleave of the jersey.

I'll take credit for that.  ;)

I'm still curious what those helmets would look like with an added stripe over the top. I always thought that added a traditional look to college uni's.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But I can see where you're coming from....

What I don’t like:

[*]I absolutely hate the "SF" logo and I feel it should be nowhere near USF athletics. I just think that it screams 'San Francisco.' If I was not from around here and I saw somebody in another city wearing a hat with that logo on it, the last thing I would think would be South Florida. The design itself is nice, but at this point in time we can't pull off something like that without better recognition. I think we shouldn't rush into a concept like this.

You just changed my mind. I used to like them. Now I dont. Thanks.

[*]Socks: I haven't looked at pictures to back me up on this, but I thought that high rise socks were more of an NFL thing. I can't think of a college team that doesn't just show bare leg on this part of the uniform.

I think this may have been Bucco_B's 1st college concept, so I think that may have something to do with it.

[*]I like the idea of some kind of stripe down the side....but I think the one that was designed above is too much of a copy cat look. Maybe just a traditional stripe on the pants alone would work. I'll leave that up to the design folks.

It's really not though. Yeah, a lot of teams have some sort of "curved stripe", but the one he has there is slightly different. Plus, our new logo doesnt lend it self to a "traditional look". It's more of an "edgy" logo, by nature, so an "edgy" uniform design would work better.

I think this definitely opens up the discussion on better ideas for our uni's but I'd be hesitant to rush into any of these designs. I'd love to see further design concepts. But all in all I love this thread, and great work has been done with this. Go Bulls!

And that was the point. I'm really glad that people are at least taking the time to discuss the topic. Usually, I get "just win, who cares" when I bring up this topic. This has been fun.

Thanks. That's the point as I said above, I'm glad that this at least opened up people's mind on the topic.

overall, good job.  we all have personal preferences, but it seems to me changing the helmet would be the most obvious thing.  

[*]The helmet is such an obvious improvement that needs to be made even if they decide against new Uni's.

I noticed the facemask & helmet decal are green.  Man, that looks GREAT.  I wonder why someone didn't think of that before.  Oh, wait.........

And the U on the helmet should be green.

Looks like a common theme is forming................JOIN THE REVOLUTION, folks!...........no more yellowish/greenish/goldish helmets!

Let me know when I miss a USF championship game, because I'm not going to miss a championship race that involves my favorite driver. Note: you can go ahead and bring it up every year if u wish, wont bother me a bit. The weekend before Thanksgiving, I'll be in Homestead, circle your calenders.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308

OK, the grammar police have been hard at work......  :)

.....So to skip one game to go to a race is reasonable. IF RACING IS YOUR NUMBER ONE SPORT. Witch mine is.

Does this have something to do with Halloween coming up????

Hate that gay "swooshy" Denver Broncos type stripe.  That is one of the worst uniform ideas ever.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

(I am not gay BTW) Not that there's anything wrong wtih that.

:)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

OK, the grammar police have been hard at work......  :)

.....So to skip one game to go to a race is reasonable. IF RACING IS YOUR NUMBER ONE SPORT. Witch mine is.

Does this have something to do with Halloween coming up????

He's a NASCAR fan ... you need to cut him some slack on that learnin' stuff.   8-)

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I pretty much like all the logos except the one with SF alone.

I do like the lettering, just not by it's self.