• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NEW LOOK of your USF Bulls.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

first of all, green on green will remain the best color combo to me forever.  not many teams use green.  the stripe only looks good on the green on green so i dont see that taking off, but I like it there.  helmet, of course, looks better.  italicized...i could take it or leave it.  I hate white pants with dark jerseys but i love gold pants with green jerseys (as 2nd home color).  not a fan of gold jerseys no matter what.  white and white needs some spicing up so the stripe is good for that.  so if home games remained green on green and road games were white on white, then you could spice up the uniforms using gold a lot (for home) or green and gold (for away).

the one complaint i have with the green on green currently being displayed is the gold socks.  they seem to be up too high.  I would be a fan of green socks with that too.

HOWEVER, i would LOVE to see gold CLEATS.  gold helmets with green logo, green jerseys, pants, and socks, and then gold cleats.  maybe thats just me...

also, the white on white would look much better with gold or green cleats as well.  

without the stripe I like green pants for away, but thats me.

great job with the logos, especially changing the bUlls logo. lake of white trim makes the whole thing look better.  i actually like the green better on the top of the bull for the shield, but the black around the mouth area makes it look more menancing.  thanks for pointing out that black stripe on the shield, i never noticed it being out of place before, jerk.  oh well. (its on my hat, heh).

overall, good job.  we all have personal preferences, but it seems to me changing the helmet would be the most obvious thing.  i've love to see my ideas on the uniforms implemented(maybe the black cleats that most people wear would make all those uniforms look better, though), but i guess we all have our preferences.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Gotta look good to play good, buddy.  8-)

5-2 ....

oregon_ducks.jpg

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

5-2 ....

oregon_ducks.jpg

**** you....**** you straight to hell!  ;D

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Those Oregon uniforms are just a big bucket of wrong...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

5-2 ....

oregon_ducks.jpg

**** you....**** you straight to hell!  ;D

You can save your damning ..... If there is such a place, my Mad Cow posts have pretty locked up my spot there.   8-)

My only comment on this whole sordid affair is that I'm glad that the final selection at least had the helmet  'U' bordered in gold and not white ....

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I like it... A LOT

Great work, hopefully someone from athletics will respond.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

like the gold pants everything else needs to stay the same

by the way I like our "gold" helmets they look great on my HD tv

i cant believe we are discussing uniforms and colors ahhh i hate bye weeks... :P

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Dude,

I think you have a uniform fetish?

Personally, I prefer schoolgirls to football players.

would that be legal?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280

I love the thought of new Uni's as I think we're overdue for some.

What I do like:

• The shield is much improved and I absolutely love it on the sleave of the jersey.

• The helmet is such an obvious improvement that needs to be made even if they decide against new Uni's. I'm still curious what those helmets would look like with an added stripe over the top. I always thought that added a traditional look to college uni's.

What I don’t like:

• I absolutely hate the "SF" logo and I feel it should be nowhere near USF athletics. I just think that it screams 'San Francisco.' If I was not from around here and I saw somebody in another city wearing a hat with that logo on it, the last thing I would think would be South Florida. The design itself is nice, but at this point in time we can't pull off something like that without better recognition. I think we shouldn't rush into a concept like this.

• I'm not sure if I really like the newly improved logos. At first glance they look decent, but from a long term perspective I don’t know if the color adjustments will stand the test of time. I love how the current logos look on T-shirts right now, and I'm not sure I'd love them as much if they displayed those logos above. One thing that I do like about them is that they have been sleekened a little which I think had to do with the size and space usage rather than the color.

• Socks: I haven't looked at pictures to back me up on this, but I thought that high rise socks were more of an NFL thing. I can't think of a college team that doesn't just show bare leg on this part of the uniform.

• I like the idea of some kind of stripe down the side....but I think the one that was designed above is too much of a copy cat look. Maybe just a traditional stripe on the pants alone would work. I'll leave that up to the design folks.

• Don't really like the gold jersey option.  

I think this definitely opens up the discussion on better ideas for our uni's but I'd be hesitant to rush into any of these designs. I'd love to see further design concepts. But all in all I love this thread, and great work has been done with this. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I love the thought of new Uni's as I think we're overdue for some.

What I do like:

• The shield is much improved and I absolutely love it on the sleave of the jersey.

The helmet is such an obvious improvement that needs to be made even if they decide against new Uni's. I'm still curious what those helmets would look like with an added stripe over the top. I always thought that added a traditional look to college uni's.

What I dont like:

• I absolutely hate the "SF" logo and I feel it should be nowhere near USF athletics. I just think that it screams 'San Francisco.' If I was not from around here and I saw somebody in another city wearing a hat with that logo on it, the last thing I would think would be South Florida. The design itself is nice, but at this point in time we can't pull off something like that without better recognition. I think we shouldn't rush into a concept like this.

I'm not sure if I really like the newly improved logos. At first glance they look decent, but from a long term perspective I dont know if the color adjustments will stand the test of time. I love how the current logos look on T-shirts right now, and I'm not sure I'd love them as much if they displayed those logos above. One thing that I do like about them is that they have been sleekened a little which I think had to do with the size and space usage rather than the color.

Socks: I haven't looked at pictures to back me up on this, but I thought that high rise socks were more of an NFL thing. I can't think of a college team that doesn't just show bare leg on this part of the uniform.

I like the idea of some kind of stripe down the side....but I think the one that was designed above is too much of a copy cat look. Maybe just a traditional stripe on the pants alone would work. I'll leave that up to the design folks.

Don't really like the gold jersey option.  

I think this definitely opens up the discussion on better ideas for our uni's but I'd be hesitant to rush into any of these designs. I'd love to see further design concepts. But all in all I love this thread, and great work has been done with this. Go Bulls!

I agree with the stripe on the helmet... that would like nice.