• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NEW LOOK of your USF Bulls.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

someone should send this to the athletic office and get some feedback

the only problem is....we just changed our unis this year

I emailed about 10 people within the athletics dept, with the request that if I didnt send it to the correct person, to please forward it to that person(s).

I pasted them a link to the main board, to this post specifically, and the image of the finished product.

Hopefully I can get some feedback from SOMEBODY...

Got some feedback....sort of.....

Michael,

Thanks for sharing your opinion and thoughts.  I think it’s great that you have this enthusiasm and passion for USF Athletics.  I will forward to the appropriate individuals.

Brett L. Huebner, C.P.A.

Assistant Athletic Director

Business Operations

University of South Florida

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

someone should send this to the athletic office and get some feedback

the only problem is....we just changed our unis this year

I emailed about 10 people within the athletics dept, with the request that if I didnt send it to the correct person, to please forward it to that person(s).

I pasted them a link to the main board, to this post specifically, and the image of the finished product.

Hopefully I can get some feedback from SOMEBODY...

Got some feedback....sort of.....

Michael,

Thanks for sharing your opinion and thoughts.  I think it’s great that you have this enthusiasm and passion for USF Athletics.  I will forward to the appropriate individuals.

Brett L. Huebner, C.P.A.

Business Operations

hope he's telling the truth

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Michael,

Brett L. Huebner, C.P.A.

Business Operations

Appropriate individuals ..........?:

sQueerEye.jpg

Sorry, Shoop .............. just couldn't resist.   8-)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Not real keen on any of the designs.  To me it looks like B and Shoop were trying to hard to be different.  No reason for ridiculous whole sale changes to things like the logo that are generally considered sound and good.  Continuously changing a logo for USF would be taboo aside from the costs related to something we actually 'trademarked' paid design companies to create, licensed...that's stuff you just don't undo fellas.  Someone want to foot the bill to Nike for the cost to change over all the Uni's because someone wants the Iconic U a quarter of an inch smaller- yeah right dream on!  

The unis look OK, gold jersey's would never come off well they'd either be to gold and shiny or mustardy we'd look like an Arena team or a World league team.  I like simple, very simple...so for the sake of acting like one way isn't the ONLY way why not try to take what is already at USF and tweak it for improvements.  Sure the green on green is fantastic, it's bold, tough....the players LOVE IT!  So why would we change it?  Maybe a sleek line down the side, maybe one around the arm pit, but don't go crazy because the players and recruits absolutely love our current green on green set-up.  Ask the players or family that post on this site.

The white on white, or white on green pants- is good but not as great...I do like the color and striping added to the white jerseys- very nice.  But again, the changes to me above look to much like the NFL, or World League...that collegial look is usually more simple, less modern, more rugged, like PSU, Michigan, ND....If we're going to design then add some subtle changes like this year from last, add some tweaks like a stripe, maybe green face masks and Iconic U's (although not that big to me)- but the problem is it's very difficult to get a good looking green on the face masks at Iconic U's.

Everyone here ignores the fact this stuff's being done on photo shop.  Woolard and USF staff have considered that change each year, however part of the problem is our green doesn't show up well and tends to look almost lime, and when you darken it to more of a forest color it looks black, and not uniform with the Iconic U....however they could match both with black, which is used subtly by USF already.  This wasn't a fashion issue, or an ignorance issue, it was strongly considered both years but it just didn't come off well.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Not real keen on any of the designs.  To me it looks like B and Shoop were trying to hard to be different.  No reason for ridiculous whole sale changes to things like the logo that are generally considered sound and good.  Continuously changing a logo for USF would be taboo aside from the costs related to something we actually 'trademarked' paid design companies to create, licensed...that's stuff you just don't undo fellas.  Someone want to foot the bill to Nike for the cost to change over all the Uni's because someone wants the Iconic U a quarter of an inch smaller- yeah right dream on!

Everything is driven by money. We get it.

Maybe if Nike wouldve come in and gave us some "fresh" uniforms altogether AND made them available for purchase, it would've spiked merchandise sales and created new fans.

Let me know the 1st time you see a 15 yr old kid sporting his brand new USF jersey to school. USF isnt the "cool" school to cheer for, and they need to do everything possible to become that. Those teenagers are the future fans (AND MONEY SPENDERS) of this program.

The unis look OK, gold jersey's would never come off well they'd either be to gold and shiny or mustardy we'd look like an Arena team or a World league team.

I too, would rather not have gold, but if we DID have to have gold, that version is as good as it gets.

I like simple, very simple...so for the sake of acting like one way isn't the ONLY way why not try to take what is already at USF and tweak it for improvements.  Sure the green on green is fantastic, it's bold, tough....the players LOVE IT!  So why would we change it?  Maybe a sleek line down the side, maybe one around the arm pit, but don't go crazy because the players and recruits absolutely love our current green on green set-up.  Ask the players or family that post on this site.

I agree, and I'd LOVE to see what the players/recruits would think about Bucco_B's version. Because I think they would like these better. These are 20 year olds we're talkin about here.

The white on white, or white on green pants- is good but not as great...I do like the color and striping added to the white jerseys- very nice.  But again, the changes to me above look to much like the NFL, or World League...that collegial look is usually more simple, less modern, more rugged, like PSU, Michigan, ND....

USF wants to be new and fresh, and constantly reminds everyone that they're only 10 years old. Yet, when it comes to uniforms, those same folks want to look "traditional" and "old school".

I have no problem with simple either, if it's done correctly. Look at the Bucs, they have some of the best uniforms in the NFL, and they're as simple as youre gonna find. It can be done, we just arent doin it.

If we're going to design then add some subtle changes like this year from last, add some tweaks like a stripe, maybe green face masks and Iconic U's (although not that big to me)- but the problem is it's very difficult to get a good looking green on the face masks at Iconic U's.

Everyone here ignores the fact this stuff's being done on photo shop.  Woolard and USF staff have considered that change each year, however part of the problem is our green doesn't show up well and tends to look almost lime, and when you darken it to more of a forest color it looks black, and not uniform with the Iconic U....however they could match both with black, which is used subtly by USF already.  This wasn't a fashion issue, or an ignorance issue, it was strongly considered both years but it just didn't come off well.

This is my BIGGEST issue. If the colors on the helmets/uniforms are CORRECT, then I have no argument and I'm just some blowhard on a message board. But they arent.

You cant just arbitrarily(sp?) change the colors cause they dont look right. "Um, yeah....we're just gonna use these black stickers that we have here instead of green. I mean, the look better. Who cares if they're the wrong color, no one will notice...."

And thats the thing, people DO notice.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

This is my BIGGEST issue. If the colors on the helmets/uniforms are CORRECT, then I have no argument and I'm just some blowhard on a message board. But they arent.

You cant just arbitrarily(sp?) change the colors cause they dont look right. "Um, yeah....we're just gonna use these black stickers that we have here instead of green. I mean, the look better. Who cares if they're the wrong color, no one will notice...."

And thats the thing, people DO notice.

I totally agree. I like some of the uniform suggestions, but I don't know about pushing that hard for them because the necessity is debatable. However, the helmet issue should be taken care of by next season. Not many people would argue that the helmets don't look awful. Having seen other green and gold teams with green and gold helmets, I find it hard to believe that our particular shades of green and gold make it impossible to combine them on a helmet.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

I think we need to get a set of Black uniforms...and I dont want to hear anything about FSU, but Black unis always look sharp...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

looks to much like UAB