• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NEW LOOK of your USF Bulls.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

looks to much like UAB

Exactly.

Shoop you make good points but I really like where the uniforms are at right now.  I don't or rather wouldn't like whole sale changes for the fact that what we have is becoming somewhat identifiable.  Our all green uni's are a real strong approach, don't re-create the wheel- maybe some subtle stuff like a stripe would add something, but maybe it would not.  As for the other designs good stuff, something to consider but let's not act like it's so much better then what's already available, no it's just different.  That's all just a different look that fits a personal preference of you and others.  I am not saying it's wrong or right but we could poll a thousand people on this and get a 1000 different answers.  That's why I would say stick with what works, with what we have and if subtle enhancements work then do it.

The face mask and Iconic U on the helmet were well thought out.  I've seen other variations, and at the time with what they had to work with the black stood out the best.  The green, using our normal green against the gold helmets came out looking lime and funny.  When they went darker, to a forest style then it wasn't uniform or didn't fit right.  Black was choosen because they could match both identically and the change worked.  Maybe they could change and find the right green but it isn't as easy as some suggest.  That's one area that can always change, they can get new decals, and new face masks but it's got to work.  We'll see what happens and you've done the right thing by providing some alternatives.

As for the logo's, keep them the same.  There is really nothing wrong with what's currently in place.  And what is in place has been trademarked, and licensed.  To change it very subtly like you provided could cause trademark issues, i.e. watering down a brand that's been trademarked attorney's could tell them might cause trouble down the road.  They make a subtle change, somebody uses the old one, and then they can't fight that person for the right to do it.  Keep what they have as is from that standpoint.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

wasn't the iconic U a change from the old symbol?  werent the logos changed to accommodate the new symbol?  

the changes presented are subtle, as are the logo changes (except for the SF).

I do not think it is hard to get the color correct on the helmets...I...just refuse to believe that.  It's a color.  Didnt it used to be green?

I've looked at the white on white again and I've changed my mind back to not liking it.  Too much white for me.  Green pants with the gold stripe would be fine so that way the green on green could also have the gold stripe.  keep in mind that the socks would also be green in that sceme, unlike the ones presented on page 1 here.  I think that is what we do as it is and it looks good.

That way it's always a gold stripe with the gold helmets and the gold CLEATS.  come on, that would be the best uniform in college.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280

wasn't the iconic U a change from the old symbol?  werent the logos changed to accommodate the new symbol?  

I do not think it is hard to get the color correct on the helmets...I...just refuse to believe that.  It's a color.  Didnt it used to be green?

I've looked at the white on white again and I've changed my mind back to not liking it.  Too much white for me.  Green pants with the gold stripe would be fine so that way the green on green could also have the gold stripe.  keep in mind that the socks would also be green in that sceme, unlike the ones presented on page 1 here.  I think that is what we do as it is and it looks good.

That way it's always a gold stripe with the gold helmets and the gold CLEATS.  come on, that would be the best uniform in college.  

I think he means that if needed, only subtle changes should be made to the uniforms only. Whereas the logos should be untouchable due everything that has been invested in the current branding of these logos since their inception. I believe he's right about the logos..

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  58

I like status quo.  I definitely don't like the SF.  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I think he means that if needed, only subtle changes should be made to the uniforms only. Whereas the logos should be untouchable due everything that has been invested in the current branding of these logos since their inception. I believe he's right about the logos..

That's exactly what i mean Drewski, but couldn't put it as succintly as you did.  Thanks!

I generally like what's already in-place.  As we're seeing there are 100's of different opinions on this and none are right or wrong, everyone has a creative great new idea that as windbane put it 'would make it the best uniform in college football'.  Oddly for many fans I know, when pressed about the best uni's they usually side with either their school's or some classic program's approach.

Good stuff but nothing that's been provided shows any changes are necessary.  Well except maybe the color of the face mask and Iconic U. ;)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

For those of you scoring at home, this is a 5 page post without one mean spirited reply.

That's gotta be a record or something....