• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would you trade Grothe for Tebow?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Stupid thread.  Why ask such a question?  Matt's our man, wouldn't trade him for anyone now, he knows the offense, he's comfortable with the team....why would you risk.

You could go down the roster and do that with every player and what would you achieve other than never being satisfied.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

From a national perspective Grothe = USF and Tebow= UF.  

Meaning Tebow and UF are similiar in that they are both the big and glamorous Favorites that the whole country froths at the mouth over, while Grothe and USF are the underdogs who get little attention and have to scrap and claw our way to the top.  

I always pull for the underdog.  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172

Whats the point of the question? Grothe is a BULL!!

Tebow is Gaturd.

Do not insult our leader with these hypothetical questions.

Who cares? So far Grothe has proven himself to be the best Freshman QB in the country! Point blank. Lets worry about the present not the future and not the if's...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Grothe- proven he can be a very good starter at this level, but also has one more years experience in his system.  Grothe has shown he can lead a team for 60 minutes and be the unquestioned leader on his side of the ball.  Hes tough and has the heart of a gladiator.

Tebow- True freshman who comes in as a change of pace but has shown flashes of brilliance when he is on the field.  Has proven that he can be a field general at the high school level but as most young players find out "they're not in kansas anymore".  Physical specimen and has all the attributes and physical things you look for and more for the QB position.  

My evaluation both are great fits for their systems and the year of polish that Grothe has from the RS is obvious as he looks like hes been doing this for the past 2 years.  Tebow has a higher ceiling and the better on paper stats and physical abilities, but has yes to prove he can lead a team for a full game at the major college level.  From seeing both in person they both have that IT that you look for in your starting QB.  Honestly at this point i would stay with Grothe because he knows the system and is field proven, however im sure if the tables were turned and Tebow had the RS year to learn the system i would take him.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

As usual, the poor little me, younger brother mentality is evident. Does anyone watch how many thousands of words and childlike comments are wasted making fun of the Gators. Basketball, baseball, football, whatever.

Do you actually think that USF is ever mentioned on a UF message board? Do you really believe that any student able to attend UF spends one waking moment comparing Tebow to Grothe or any other USF player? Come on guys! All the posts about the evil USF students wearing Florida colors in class....grow-up.

Enjoy, praise, honor what is here and pray that maybe your children will be smart enough to get into UF!!!

And of course you wouldn't take Noah either....................

WTF are you talking about tard?

All this thread was about was comparing two young QBs-- a reasonable thing to do. This is afterall a forum where people do such things.

You seem to be the only person who made the leap to the inferiority complex -- or as I like to call it-- the SUPERIORITY COMPLEX. I think I've heard about 1000 UF people tell me that I have an inferiority complex even if I wasn't talking about UF. They bring it up-- maybe to phuck with me-- who knows-- but basically I don't really care what I could have done.

Could I have gone to UF? I'm thinking yes had I applied seeing as I did get into a Big Ten school. Attending USF was helped along by one main reason-- convenience. I didn't leave Illinois so I could be 2 hours away from my parents at the time. Is UF a better school? I really don't know for certain and I don't really think about it. I would assume it is tougher to get into and has a more prestigious reputation. However-- make sure you understand that just going to UF doesn't make someone smarter or better than anyone else.  

anyway....

Bottom line-- I'm happy we have Grothe.

Tebow-- we didn't even get a sniff at him during recruiting, not even close to landing a big fish like that (did we even bother trying-- probably not).

Is or will Tebow be better/worse than Grothe? He definitely has shown promise against some tough teams. All other comparisons are purely subjective since you can't really equate the statistics. Fans from both schools seem pretty happy with their QBs at this point -- what more can you ask for?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

GROTHE

He wanted to be a Bull.  He has looked good and will continue to improve.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

This is why UF fans have the reputation of being the worst in the state.  That condescending tone that implies (or in this case comes right out and says it) that if you go to a school in Florida other than UF its because you couldn't get in to UF.  As ignorant as that is, its also pretty arrogant, hence the UF hate fest.  You'll notice that FSU and Miami (Miami has every bit the academic creditentials Florida does) doesn't churn up the hate UF does.  Probably because their fans don't run around the state looking down their nose at everybody that didn't go to their school.

It all goes back to the decades old quote by Dan Jenkins about the Gators: "They have the tradition of Wake Forest and the arrogance of Notre Dame." That's why the disdain. Not for what they actually HAVE accomplished but for their acting like they think they have accomplisehed something for all these years..

The ONLY football power in the football mecca of Florida for years and years and they've only been able to come up with one NC up to this point .... That is pathetic. That may finally be changing and their accomplishments might finally start measuring up to their arrogance but up to this point thay have been a freaking joke ...

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Whadda completely stupid thread...   GROTHE RULZ!!!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

Grothe.  2 reasons:

#1 He's a winner (not a coachable talent no matter how tall you are or how much you weigh)

#2 He's proud to be a Bull (as am I)