• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would you trade Grothe for Tebow?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Grothe > Tebow

like someone else already said, i hope tebow loses every game he plays for the gators.

I take it you don't like the #2 team in the country.  :D

But its clear that a lot of people are just playing favorites here...Tebow has looked outstanding (albeit not in an entire game), and so has Grothe (albeit not against a good D), but both of these guys have shown the ability to become Heisman candidates.

Bottom Line anyone who chooses 1 over the other is jumping to conclusions.

yeah i pretty much refuse to support any team other than USF

I used to be pretty biased about it and hate all whom supported both...

but now ive concluded that if one supports the bulls, whether they are a fan of any of the big 3, thats the best i can ask for.

any support is good support... :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

he wanted usf , comitted early and never wavered.

he shown he can run this offense

grothe for usf

uf can keep tebow he will not be as good as they think

btw meyer is robbing qb leak of his senior year. :( :'(

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Tebow apparently has talent, but he hasn't done squat yet unlike Grothe who has led several come from behind drives.  Plus, does he have the guts, drive, determination, and passion that grothe has.  Who knows, he might, we don't know yet.  He hasn't had a game that he has started yet.  He hasn't had a game where he has faced tremendous adversity, and put his team on his shoulders and carried them, he hasn't led a come from behind drive in the last 30 seconds.  Show me that, and then we'll talk.  In the meantime, I'll take Grothe.

TX, I'm sorry but Florida doesn't beat LSU this past weekend without Tebow. Leak is a very good QB but UF was without their RB to help Leak and Tebow made plays that had my jaw hitting the floor (and I'm not talking about the jump pass). The kid definitly has the guts, drive, and determination. I cannot think of many QBs I've ever seen run over and stiff arm a MLB before.

That being said I see a lot of that in Grothe, the guy is flat out a gamer and while he will make mistakI will agree that no game has been on his back yet and I'm not sure if he would be doing as well as Grothe especially since the competition he's faced is tougher.

It doens't matter, because the schools aren;t going to make some type of trade. Both have very good QBs which will lead them to better places one day.

Guest BasketBull.
Great topic guys!  :-? :-?

;D ...I was just goofing to see if anybody would bite!

I hope the gators rot!  ;D

Is it Saturday yet? I WANT UNC!!!!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

Grothe > Tebow

like someone else already said, i hope tebow loses every game he plays for the gators.

I take it you don't like the #2 team in the country.  :D

But its clear that a lot of people are just playing favorites here...Tebow has looked outstanding (albeit not in an entire game), and so has Grothe (albeit not against a good D), but both of these guys have shown the ability to become Heisman candidates.

Bottom Line anyone who chooses 1 over the other is jumping to conclusions.

yeah i pretty much refuse to support any team other than USF

I used to be pretty biased about it and hate all whom supported both...

but now ive concluded that if one supports the bulls, whether they are a fan of any of the big 3, thats the best i can ask for.

any support is good support... :)

Well I go to school at UF...but I'm from Tampa and attended USF for my first two years. So its not just like I'm rooting for UF for no reason.

(but USF will always be #1 in my heart).

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

What would Tebow do to the team chemistry? I don't know anything other than what's shown in the local papers, but, I do know that all the talent in the world doesn't overcome the team. Examples Yankees, T.O,

Dale Jr....

I'll take Grothe.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17

As usual, the poor little me, younger brother mentality is evident. Does anyone watch how many thousands of words and childlike comments are wasted making fun of the Gators. Basketball, baseball, football, whatever.

Do you actually think that USF is ever mentioned on a UF message board? Do you really believe that any student able to attend UF spends one waking moment comparing Tebow to Grothe or any other USF player? Come on guys! All the posts about the evil USF students wearing Florida colors in class....grow-up.

Enjoy, praise, honor what is here and pray that maybe your children will be smart enough to get into UF!!!

And of course you wouldn't take Noah either....................

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Right now, Tim Tebow has potential.  It's a lot easier coming in for a few plays, than it is to prepare for and play the whole game.  Will Tebow be great?  Probably, but nothing is a given.

Matt has shown us loyalty, dedication, heart, poise, and the ability to win.  There hasn't been a game yet, where we've been down, that I didn't think we had a chance to pull it out.

Matt is a USF Bull and there is nothing I can think of that would make me change that.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

As usual, the poor little me, younger brother mentality is evident. Does anyone watch how many thousands of words and childlike comments are wasted making fun of the Gators. Basketball, baseball, football, whatever.

Do you actually think that USF is ever mentioned on a UF message board? Do you really believe that any student able to attend UF spends one waking moment comparing Tebow to Grothe or any other USF player? Come on guys! All the posts about the evil USF students wearing Florida colors in class....grow-up.

Enjoy, praise, honor what is here and pray that maybe your children will be smart enough to get into UF!!!

I agree with you that UF fans don't think twice about USF.  The smart enough comment is why many on here don't like UF.  When did UF all of a sudden become Harvard?

You sound like you are a UF fan.  Why are you on here if UF fans don't think about USF?

BTW, if you mean Joakim Noah, most would take him in a heart beat.

Guest wildrover

This is why UF fans have the reputation of being the worst in the state.  That condescending tone that implies (or in this case comes right out and says it) that if you go to a school in Florida other than UF its because you couldn't get in to UF.  As ignorant as that is, its also pretty arrogant, hence the UF hate fest.  You'll notice that FSU and Miami (Miami has every bit the academic creditentials Florida does) doesn't churn up the hate UF does.  Probably because their fans don't run around the state looking down their nose at everybody that didn't go to their school.