• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would you trade Grothe for Tebow?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Enjoy, praise, honor what is here and pray that maybe your children will be smart enough to get into UF!!!

heh...I was smart enough to get into UF.  in fact, I went there for my freshman year.  I was so smart though that I transfered to USF.  honestly, there is nothing to do there other than go to the football game.  

btw, my #2 team is FSU, so that was quite the experience.  wore my FSU shirt to the UF-Miami game.

transfered to USF and was slowly converted and would now wear my USF shirt to the same game when they play it again.

good times.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

FYI new rule....Florida has a defender from Utah via this rule.

New transfer rules allow student-athletes to play anywhere after graduation

The NCAA recently passed a rule allowing student-athletes to transfer to any college after graduating if they still have eligibility remaining without sitting out a year, as required of other student-athlete transfers.  The rule, which passed without fanfare, recently drew the ire of coaches.

Wow! Lots of emotion and chest pounding from the Bull Nation.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

NO!  The lizards can have Teabag, GO GROTHE!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

The NCAA recently passed a rule allowing student-athletes to transfer to any college after graduating if they still have eligibility remaining without sitting out a year, as required of other student-athlete transfers.  The rule, which passed without fanfare, recently drew the ire of coaches.

Wow! Lots of emotion and chest pounding from the Bull Nation.

No chest pounding or emotion, just stating the facts.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I called BS on the agent provocateurs not the rule.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Superman wears MATT GROTHE Underoos to bed...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

Right, the one that conveniently let Urban pretend he is a hardáss and let Atkins go .... That rule's not there, Atkins is still a Gator ... unless he'd be in jail.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

the media attention would be worth it.

If the QB's were reversed, you'd be seeing Grothe all over TV right now... it has little to do with how good Tebow is, it has much more to do with the media's fascination with the Gators

Umm HE was pretty much one of the most hyped prospects coming out Nease last year.  HE was the main reason why that Nease Vs Hoover game was televised on ESPN last year.  The press conference where he made his decision between Bamma and UF was televised on ESPN.  All that cant be attributed to UF because no one knew where he was going until that press conference even Urban Myer, Myer's cell died when Tebow called him before the press conference so Myer found out from ESPN.  To say he's hyped just because hes at UF is a pretty uninformed statement.

I did not say that his attending UF was the ONLY reason he is so hyped... but to compare the hype he had coming out of high school (a press conference in the middle of the day and maybe some back page newspaper coverage) to the press he is getting now, like ALL OVER SportsCenter, front page of the sports section, and ESPN.com, is foolish.

If Grothe was at UF being utilized in the same manner, that would be him on the tip of everyone's tongue.  And Tebow here, while there undoubtedly would have been press when he signed, would ABSOLUTELY NOT be recieving the same publicity he is recieving at UF.  To think otherwise is naive.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

the media attention would be worth it.

If the QB's were reversed, you'd be seeing Grothe all over TV right now... it has little to do with how good Tebow is, it has much more to do with the media's fascination with the Gators

Umm HE was pretty much one of the most hyped prospects coming out Nease last year.  HE was the main reason why that Nease Vs Hoover game was televised on ESPN last year.  The press conference where he made his decision between Bamma and UF was televised on ESPN.  All that cant be attributed to UF because no one knew where he was going until that press conference even Urban Myer, Myer's cell died when Tebow called him before the press conference so Myer found out from ESPN.  To say he's hyped just because hes at UF is a pretty uninformed statement.

I did not say that his attending UF was the ONLY reason he is so hyped... but to compare the hype he had coming out of high school (a press conference in the middle of the day and maybe some back page newspaper coverage) to the press he is getting now, like ALL OVER SportsCenter, front page of the sports section, and ESPN.com, is foolish.

If Grothe was at UF being utilized in the same manner, that would be him on the tip of everyone's tongue.  And Tebow here, while there undoubtedly would have been press when he signed, would ABSOLUTELY NOT be recieving the same publicity he is recieving at UF.  To think otherwise is naive.

Thing is i dont think Grothe could be used in that capacity and have the same effect Tebow is having.  Tebow can run over linebackers while Matt love him to death is a great qb and a very good runner i dont see him running over or stiff arming SEC linebackers anytime soon, hes more of winding runner.  Tebow was hyped because of his physical ability coming out of high school just like hes being hyped now because they kid is a scray athletic speciemen for a QB.  As for Florida  being national media darlins your out of your mind i have to hear my dad calling and being upset because the media pretty much always picks UGA over UF every year even though UF has owned them for the last 15 or so years.  Same thing with florida state and UT if anything UF is just now starting to recover from the bad media relations spurrier had while he was there because the media eats up Myer.