• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow! Matt Simms, son of Phil, brother of Chris...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't Shaun King lead his team further in the Playoffs than Simms? Thus King was a better QB.

Making a QB comparison based on how far they go in the playoffs is ridiculous. I guess Brad Johnson is better then Peyton Manning.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever,

You cannot argue a kicker v. a QB, I'm sorry. Especially 2 guys as ugly as the Martin and Santiago. Further Santiago's job was 6-7 plays a game, not running the offense for 50-60.

Okay, but I just don't see how being around brother can be a detriment to a top class athlete.  There is a reason they are where they are...

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Okay, but I just don't see how being around brother can be a detriment to a top class athlete.  There is a reason they are where they are...

If anything you would think it would help.  But what do I know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Making a QB comparison based on how far they go in the playoffs is ridiculous. I guess Brad Johnson is better then Peyton Manning.

I was not being serious.....

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

I was not being serious.....

I know but the other post compared Carson Palmer to Chris Simms. Thats like comparing Ronnie Brown to Cadillac  ;D

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Guys,

Phil isn't coming in as a coach and I wouldn't want him. As great of a QB he was he is a pompus a-hole who has burnt bridges with almost everyone with the NFL. He's been inetrviewed for several NFL coaching jobs and has never gotten them.

Further would you really want a control freak father coaching his kid?

He wouldn't be the biggest recruit we've ever had. He might have the name, but that doesn't mean he's good. Amp Hill is the biggest name (be it a transfer). Followed by Carlton Hill, who was sought after by many.

Sims is a very good QB, he's going to get run from some good schools. However, he isn't going to the Army All American game and he's not going to be a Tim Tebow or Vince Young, where guys just followed in masse after they committed.

We should focus on local product Altron Voss and several other great Florida QBs, they're better for the health of this program.

Jesus Christ Joe when in the hell did you become so **** omniscient?  If you had a clue you'd know the visit yesterday was not arrange or requested by Leavitt but by Phil.   SO, would you rather have him not take Phil's call?  At a scouting camp last month where Phil's son was and attracted over 2 dozen schools that stared and oodled over Matt.  Phil actual seeked out Jim, which shocked some insiders.  I would guess USF could handle a little of the press chasing after Matt which in no way means we've backed off or are no longer persuing the local QB's.

When did Phil become a control freak?  Mack Brown has said anything but that, why are you suddenly saying something when typically Phil wasn't able to attend many of Chris's games do to broadcasting obligations with the NFL?

Let's allow Leavitt to make the decisions shall we?  You're way off on your assertions, and if you had a clue you'd know there is more reason why both young Simms and Dad are interested in this arrangement.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

and Ronnie would be the better back...... but I think the Caddys is a little closer to Ronnie than Chris is to Carson

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Eli Manning a MUCH more sought after recruit went to Ole Miss, he worked wonders while there, but you didn't see top recruits following him there.

Matt Simms is not even in Eli's league as far as ability coming out of high school.

About living with his brother. Chris is a partier, he's been at Ybor...a lot, and has been known to live that lifestyle. Do you really want our starting QB living the "party lifestyle" in a major US city while quarterbacking this team.

I would much rather have Alton Voss or Taylor Beasly, than have to worry about a kid who's brother is the starting QB for the biggest sports draw in Tampa and who's Super Bowl MVP father is obsessed with their performance. (Hell he spoke out for Chris (24 years old) LAST year when the media ate him up a little)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jesus Christ Joe when in the hell did you become so **** omniscient?  If you had a clue you'd know the visit yesterday was not arrange or requested by Leavitt but by Phil.   SO, would you rather have him not take Phil's call?  At a scouting camp last month where Phil's son was and attracted over 2 dozen schools that stared and oodled over Matt.  Phil actual seeked out Jim, which shocked some insiders.  I would guess USF could handle a little of the press chasing after Matt which in no way means we've backed off or are no longer persuing the local QB's.

When did Phil become a control freak?  Mack Brown has said anything but that, why are you suddenly saying something when typically Phil wasn't able to attend many of Chris's games do to broadcasting obligations with the NFL?

Let's allow Leavitt to make the decisions shall we?  You're way off on your assertions, and if you had a clue you'd know there is more reason why both young Simms and Dad are interested in this arrangement.

Bien,

I never said Leavitt sought out Matt or Phil. I was merely making a point that as talented as this kid is I don't believe IN MY OPINION, it's the best thing for this program. He's not going to bring some influx of recruits that will make us a powerhouse.

The fact that his brother is the starting QB in a major US city where the Bucs are king could hurt.

Phil Simms spoke out against the media for his 24 year old son last year. People said it when Chris was at Texas, Simms is very protective and controlling of his sons.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Unbelievable anyone can argue landing a "Simms" QB at USF could have any remote negatives after the crappy QB play we've endured for 3 seasons.  BTW, Chris Simms is married.  He was married just before the 2005 season to a most attractive italian honey.  A friend of mine has met his wife at the Bucs  training camp so the party thing is no a big deal for a 20 something to be seen in Ybor...its a weak argument.