• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow! Matt Simms, son of Phil, brother of Chris...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Some of you guys are idiots. You find any reason to rip on kids that show interest and explain why we shouldn't want them here. If someone is interested in being a Bull, especially someone who can obviously help this program, why would we want to bash them? Glad you guys aren't doing our recruiting, we wouldn't be able to fill a roster because nobody would be good enough to wear the green and gold.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Be clearer, but be careful because sometimes you say things that step past fact.  Phil put this ball in motion moreso then Leavitt.  Where it plays out is anyone's guess but it doesn't mean we're walking away from other talents.

Also, those at that camp believe that by the end of the year Simms will be mentioned with the best QB's in the country.  The colleges sure think so, because the offers have been rolling in from virtually everyone.  

As for your opinions on whether it would be good for the program...I agree somewhat but his arm, poise also could be quite valued in a passing offense.

Actually, I believe you misread his post.

What Joe said was dead on (not sure about the control freak part).  He was only discounting everyones assertion that USF would magically vault to the largest programs in the country if they land a Simms.

And that has been proven untrue about a billion times.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

A billion times?  Wow, that seems like a lot for a ten year old program. :P

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Actually, I believe you misread his post.

What Joe said was dead on (not sure about the control freak part).  He was only discounting everyones assertion that USF would magically vault to the largest programs in the country if they land a Simms.

No actually earlier I was pretty spot on.  His assertions were completely his opinion, and he needed to understand that this is a very different situation.  Leavitt didn't wake up one day and say "I am going to pursue an elite QB."  There has been a chain of events, and it was the Simms who looked us up.

From there it is all speculation, and what's funny is the fact some don't believe signing this kid would be a big deal yet it actually drew a few knight fans on this thread to comment.  So what happens if he signed?  Good or bad the kid would create a buzz.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

All I know is Don Bosco Prep is a powerhouse every year in the state of NJ, and it could only help with recruiting in Jersey for USF.  I'm not saying people will come to play with him, but it would have some sort of pull with the kids from that state who want to play Division 1A football in Florida and be a part of the Big East.

And saying he isn't the right fit doesn't make sense to me either.  If this kid can complete 60 percent of his passes, then I'd take my chances on him.  I'd also think this would help attendance.  For Bucs fans who haven't given USF a shot they might reconsider if a Simms is QBing the Bulls.  

Very good post. I'm sure he'd be a good fit for USF. His father was a very good NFL quarterback and his brother has shown good promise. I would definitely take my chances on a guy with those bloodlines.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Link? ............

MTK, you'd think being made to look like as ass on two boards over here would be enough. Why do you do this to yourself?? Just carrying on the tradition of your namesake?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

From there it is all speculation, and what's funny is the fact some don't believe signing this kid would be a big deal yet it actually drew a few knight fans on this thread to comment.

So what happens if he signed?  Good or bad the kid would create a buzz

Got to disagree there, Bien. The fact that it drew a few Kanigits doesn't prove anything as far as the ability of his signing to create a buzz elsewhere. ANYTHING we do causes a buzz with them ....  ;)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Got to disagree there, Bien. The fact that it drew a few Kanigits doesn't prove anything as far as the ability of his signing to create a buzz elsewhere. ANYTHING we do causes a buzz with them ....  ;)

True enough there isn't much about USF that goes overlooked by that pathetic mass.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Lemme set my opinion straight. I would be glad to take on Simms, if you read my early posts I said I wouldn't be upset if we got him, he is a very good QB.

What I was bringing up was the fact that personally I would prefer Voss or Taylor because they are both very good players and my fear that there is the POSSIBILITY of distraction with Simms.

I was negating the Papa Simms as any sort of staff position. I wouldn't want that, if his son was here, just my opinion. I also negated the fact that bringing in Simms would lead to a slew of top recruits coming here to play with him.

I'm not saying any recruit shouldn't be here. I believe this is the 1st time I've suggested a negative side of recruiting a certain player. Check my posts I may be wrong. If I offended or got anyone the wrong way I am sorry.

I was just bringing up what most people would see as a valid point and starting discussion, and said it was my opinion.

I figured it might start a discussion that didn't include calling out the basketball coach, calling Rod Smith fat/lazy, talking about where the OCS would go, talking about why we don't have more logos on the field at RJS, or how Huggins would have us in the Final Four in 5 years. I apologize if I offended anyone.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

and Ronnie would be the better back...... but I think the Caddys is a little closer to Ronnie than Chris is to Carson

ronnie better than caddy...who smokes crack on this board??