• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow! Matt Simms, son of Phil, brother of Chris...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

getting simms here would be great for our program that you can't disagree with, you can argue about to what degree, but landing him would be huge and could potentially sway a recruit or two our way. especially from new jersey. i agree with joe, this could distract us from getting voss or marve, i'm kind of suspicious about why we aren't putting out the full court press for those guys, it'll probably cost us in the end. however, i'm not too worried about our qb situation, grothe is going to be a good one as long as he stays healthy.

btw huggins would make us at least a sweet sixteen team in five years, lee roy's unbelievable 6 year contract to mccullum really screwed us.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

the cow pie kicking bowl

i'd love for you guys to say all this infront of the 3 brothers, i guarentee you will get a big ass superbowl ring size bruise on your head!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

ronnie better than caddy...who smokes crack on this board??

A certain Miami fan ....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

From there it is all speculation, and what's funny is the fact some don't believe signing this kid would be a big deal yet it actually drew a few knight fans on this thread to comment.

My comments on a thread should show no more significance of the issue than usual.

I agree with you in saying his signing would create a buzz.  However, he is not one of the TOP guys in this recruiting class so it wouldn't be THAT big other than his name.

Joe, IMO, was simply suggesting to people that this kid signing with USF was not going to magically make 5 star players come to USF.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

My comments on a thread should show no more significance of the issue than usual.

I agree with you in saying his signing would create a buzz.  However, he is not one of the TOP guys in this recruiting class so it wouldn't be THAT big other than his name.

Joe, IMO, was simply suggesting to people that this kid signing with USF was not going to magically make 5 star players come to USF.

True...but you can't deny that this would bring alot of recruiting attention to USF.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

bullzpen4636,

I think we're going to put everything we got on Voss. I believe and I may be wrong, that he is our top prospect at QB that is realistic.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

True...but you can't deny that this would bring alot of recruiting attention to USF.

Just how highly touted, is he? Is he going to the Elite 11 thing that Stephen Garcia is going to or any other camps like that?

i'd like either voss or marve, if voss is our number one prospect we sure aren't acting like it. i know somewhere it was said that if voss committed leavitt would stop recruiting qb's, but another article i read quoted voss saying usf has cooled a bit (it was around the time west va started picking up more interest). why i have no f'ing idea, reality is we're not miami and we can't afford to slow play very good local recruits like voss or marve who show an eagerness to stay home and help build usf. i'm with you in that i hope this simms ordeal doesn't become a wild goose chase like daron rose became last year, but on the other hand if simms commits it will give us some national exposure and a nice story since chris starts for the bucs. the fact that phil and chris visited again yesterday was very good news.  Ã‚ 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bien says we're still hitting him hard, I trust his judgement.

Trip, Simms will be a top 25-30 QB when all is said and done (maybe top 10 -15 if he has a great 2006 HS season. He's considered raw and like his brother did at Texas has trouble in the state title game last year putting together a poor performance. He should be the top QB out of NJ this year.

He was on the Elite 11 watch list, I dunno much outside of that.

i looked at some tape on matt and read a bunch of articles on him, it's pretty apparent he has a very strong arm, with good size, and throws a very catchable ball. he's more of a pro style qb similar to a tom brady which doesn't really mesh to well with our current offense which emphasizes a very atheletic qb (hopefully this may signal a change in philosophy). biggest question marks are his accuracy and decision making, which he can improve on, especially considering his work ethic. he'll most likely be a high 3 or 4 star qb depending on his senior season, schools like notre dame and usc could offer late which would make his value skyrocket.