• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NFL working with some schools to create 70 team superleague

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Another way to say that a G5 team wouldn't have the ability to ever join the upper teir permanently.  Only G5 subject to this?  Would about the independent UConn?  

Correct. Which isn't surprising given how the G5 was shafted with the CFP payout for the next contract. Only G5 subject to this. 

But I wouldn't worry about it, because the SEC and B1G would become weaker in this proposed format compared to the power they've amassed in their current form. Unless they get guaranteed bigger payouts of some sort, the B1G has no reason to lose PSU, USC, Oregon, etc and same with the SEC and losing Texas and Oklahoma. 

You can usually see the fingerprints of the architect. And in this case I think it's WVU and Syracuse and some others. Aka P5 bubble teams that want to lock in their status as equal to the blue bloods while also locking out the G5 from catching them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

19 minutes ago, smazza said:

why would anyone agree to allow the nfl a seat at the table unless the contributing significant money

im all for self governing

let the market  determine the future

I do believe they will contribute tons of money. It will basically be a development league for the NFL. So I can see them out spending many to win.  USF will be part of it so we should be celebrating when that happens.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,904
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Correct. Which isn't surprising given how the G5 was shafted with the CFP payout for the next contract. Only G5 subject to this. 

But I wouldn't worry about it, because the SEC and B1G would become weaker in this proposed format compared to the power they've amassed in their current form. Unless they get guaranteed bigger payouts of some sort, the B1G has no reason to lose PSU, USC, Oregon, etc and same with the SEC and losing Texas and Oklahoma. 

You can usually see the fingerprints of the architect. And in this case I think it's WVU and Syracuse and some others. Aka P5 bubble teams that want to lock in their status as equal to the blue bloods while also locking out the G5 from catching them. 

It's us against the world really.  I'm tired.  This endless fight for inclusion is too much.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

If I want to watch minor league football I can watch the usfl or xfl. This idea is horrible. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If I want to watch minor league football I can watch the usfl or xfl. This idea is horrible. 

Office Space Idea GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

So no ability to elevate from G5?!  

Nick Jonas Dancing GIF by NBC

You’re looking at it from the wrong point of view. This format would allow us to control our own destiny and push our administration to prioritize winning. Right now we could go undefeated every year and not be included in the CFP or expansion. This format, as long as we play well and win, we stay in the top tier. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

I think this is the dumbest idea, b/c why bother attending college if they become paid employees? Work study for an average college student is 10-15 hrs a week. You might as well make a minor league like baseball and let them go straight out of high school. The logistics of it all are dumb. An average CFB already gives up 12-15hrs hours of his life daily. That's 70-75 hrs per week dedicated to football and school. If I'm a full-time paid employee then why bother going to school? 

This is a CFB player schedule

• 6:00-7:00 a.m.: Wake up
  • 7:00-7:45 a.m.: Eat breakfast
  • 8:00-11:30 a.m.: Class
  • 12:00-12:30 p.m.: Eat lunch
  • 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Lift
  • 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Fuel and recover
  • 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Meetings
  • 3:30-5:30 p.m.: Practice
  • 6:00-6:30 p.m.: Fuel and recover
  • 6:30-7:00 p.m.: Eat
  • 7:30-9:00 p.m.: Study

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,345
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, michibull said:

You’re looking at it from the wrong point of view. This format would allow us to control our own destiny and push our administration to prioritize winning. Right now we could go undefeated every year and not be included in the CFP or expansion. This format, as long as we play well and win, we stay in the top tier. 

Good God!  And I thought I was an optimist.  God bless you, son.

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

Why even have them attend college? Just make minor league nfl teams at nfl stadiums with the best 18-24 year olds that don't want to be student athletes at college. If you go the semi pro route ; then you forfeit all college eligibility period. If it doesn't work out then it was your choice. Junior A/B hockey does this in Canada and it seems to work out pretty well. The lower junior leagues let you go to college but they don't put nearly as many players in the nhl as the WHL, QMJHL, and CHL. There are a few lower tier junior leagues in the US and Canada such as USHL that you can play at before 18 and still go to college, but you don't get paid.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

Nothing can stop what is coming and thankfully USF is positioning themselves to be part of it. It is funny seeing the P2 freak out now lol 

• Upvote 1