• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rosenhaus Sports Representing Byrum (NIL)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I was somehow oblivious to the fact that the players could hire sports agents. At the very least, those vermin shouldn't be involved ...... ******* wild wild west.

I was as well. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I was as well. 

It's funny in a not so funny way.  In the past, a college player didn't hire an agent unless they were thinking about going pro.  Now, they can hire a company owned / run by an agent to get them the best NIL deal while still in college.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

It's funny in a not so funny way.  In the past, a college player didn't hire an agent unless they were thinking about going pro.  Now, they can hire a company owned / run by an agent to get them the best NIL deal while still in college.

what are the odds they also hire that guy to be their agent when they enter the draft. Its a free for all out there. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I won't be concerned about Byrum leaving because of this until we've been given a reason to worry. I'm going to enjoy the season with Byrum setting more records and hopefully leading us to a conference championship and (thus likely) playoff birth. He seems to legitimately love being at USF and until such time as his name goes into the portal, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I won't be concerned about Byrum leaving because of this until we've been given a reason to worry. I'm going to enjoy the season with Byrum setting more records and hopefully leading us to a conference championship and (thus likely) playoff birth. He seems to legitimately love being at USF and until such time as his name goes into the portal, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

We'll also have had this offseason plus next to beef up the team around his position.  Although it's hard to replace a one of a kind talent like BB.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

Golesh is more important than Brown. Great athlete no doubt but not indispensable. Next man up. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We'll also have had this offseason plus next to beef up the team around his position.  Although it's hard to replace a one of a kind talent like BB.

I like BB but we've had more than a few "one of a kind" talents at QB

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

If Rosenhaus gets BB a huge NIL package at another school after this season, that means BB will have a great year with us THIS YEAR. Let's enjoy it. Show up, support, donate. Let's win the conference this year for the first time ever. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I like BB but we've had more than a few "one of a kind" talents at QB

I suspect he could beat all of those, but don't want to jinx it.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

If Rosenhaus gets BB a huge NIL package at another school after this season, that means BB will have a great year with us THIS YEAR. Let's enjoy it. Show up, support, donate. Let's win the conference this year for the first time ever. 

I agree.

Where I get concerned is sustained success.  In the past, if you had great recruits/players, you could envision the next 3+years with them on the team.  So, you would expect if the team did great one year, the next year would be great or good.

Now, players can come and go at a blink of an eye with dollars being dangled at their nose.  This new college football system is different (I won't say worse or better), but what I can say is that school pride/tradition/loyalty are being diminished from the athletes perspective.

So, lets say after we have the best season in program history.  Coming out of our run in the CFP, do we lose a ton of talent and our coach to bigger programs?  

How do you maintain a successful program these days with a G5 school (I understand P5 schools are susceptible, but I would argue they are less affected)?  Is the selling point that you attract diamonds in the rough to give them publicity so they can leave for greener pastures?