• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rosenhaus Sports Representing Byrum (NIL)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Nebolsky said:

I agree.

Where I get concerned is sustained success.  In the past, if you had great recruits/players, you could envision the next 3+years with them on the team.  So, you would expect if the team did great one year, the next year would be great or good.

Now, players can come and go at a blink of an eye with dollars being dangled at their nose.  This new college football system is different (I won't say worse or better), but what I can say is that school pride/tradition/loyalty are being diminished from the athletes perspective.

So, lets say after we have the best season in program history.  Coming out of our run in the CFP, do we lose a ton of talent and our coach to bigger programs?  

How do you maintain a successful program these days with a G5 school (I understand P5 schools are susceptible, but I would argue they are less affected)?  Is the selling point that you attract diamonds in the rough to give them publicity so they can leave for greener pastures?

It's turning into a pro league, but it's more like major league baseball than the NFL.  At least the NFL has things in place like salary caps to keep parity in the league.  College football is turning more into the major league baseball model where the more money you have, the better team you can buy...and any new player that has great success at a lower level team is sure to be gone (off to one of the rich teams) the following year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On the glass half-full viewpoint, what if BB enlisted Rosenhaus with the goal of helping him tap into marketing better in the Tampa market. Tampa is a huge market with a lot of possibilities. Don't discount that.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

On the glass half-full viewpoint, what if BB enlisted Rosenhaus with the goal of helping him tap into marketing better in the Tampa market. Tampa is a huge market with a lot of possibilities. Don't discount that.

Sadly the Tampa market cares more about UF, FSU, and Miami than USF. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

40 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I agree. The Rosenhaus brand should be able to get him $$$ in any market. BB is a nice kid with a cool and humble personality that is very marketable. BB looks like he loves Tampa and acknowledged that his goal is to make the 12-team playoffs. If he was to leave us, it would have to be a playoff contender at minimum. I also don't see him leaving unless he does so as a Grad transfer. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I won't be concerned about Byrum leaving because of this until we've been given a reason to worry. I'm going to enjoy the season with Byrum setting more records and hopefully leading us to a conference championship and (thus likely) playoff birth. He seems to legitimately love being at USF and until such time as his name goes into the portal, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

Well said! The main thing for USF is to keep CAG & CAAR. Those coaches know how to win. They will continue to find replacements for players that come & go. Basically USF needs to keep the system going. Think of it as a business with employees that eventually get hired away. USF just needs to have a good replacement in place for those that leave.

58 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Think that will be changing as long as USF continues to win 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

It's turning into a pro league, but it's more like major league baseball than the NFL.  At least the NFL has things in place like salary caps to keep parity in the league.  College football is turning more into the major league baseball model where the more money you have, the better team you can buy...and any new player that has great success at a lower level team is sure to be gone (off to one of the rich teams) the following year.

USF may become the Tampa Bay Rays of NCAA Football. Small market team that has to find and develop talent. You will have them for "x" amount of years before they hit free agency or transfer. Both teams cant compete with the big stars in free agency or recruitment. USF may become a farm team for other programs, but at the same time, we are getting talent, developing talent and able to compete. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,524
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I mean, if we keep winning, the stadium will fill up. People just don’t ignore a product like that, and being in an electric environment like that is super fun.

My wife could care less about football, but she started really enjoying her time at the games once we started winning this last season.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, jeremyttt said:

USF may become the Tampa Bay Rays of NCAA Football. Small market team that has to find and develop talent. You will have them for "x" amount of years before they hit free agency or transfer. Both teams cant compete with the big stars in free agency or recruitment. USF may become a farm team for other programs, but at the same time, we are getting talent, developing talent and able to compete. 

Glass half full POV, USF becomes the Yankees / Dodgers / etc. of G5 football?  Arguably an easier path to playoffs that way anyway.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Since the turn of the century, the MLB has had more unique World Series winners (16) than the NFL Super Bowl winners (13). It's more competitive than people realize. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Days Won:  0

Very high chance BB leaves after a solid run this year. That’s just the new world of college football. Let’s hope CAG is working on the next man up.