• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated NET Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

Here is a good example of how scewed these things really are 2 teams on paper look very similar...perception is worlds apart any guess who the team on top is?

image.thumb.png.08184de4f0e488fb41fc3738bbe0772c.png

image.thumb.png.47d1ff4abcb3f9526ef41db08fc88ee6.png

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

I think the biggest difference in your example is Gonzaga's non-conference schedule (SOS 64) is a lot better than USF's (SOS 168).  Them losing 4 out of conference games doesn't look as bad as our 4 out of conference losses.  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,458
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I think the biggest difference in your example is Gonzaga's non-conference schedule (SOS 64) is a lot better than USF's (SOS 168).  Them losing 4 out of conference games doesn't look as bad as our 4 out of conference losses.  

our terrible schedule this year was smart. New coach, want to get some wins under his belt. Unfortunately, nobody in Athletics really expected to be this competitive. We also are worse conference than we were last year. Having Cincy, Houston, and UCF on our schedule would have been big, if we won some of those. It will hurt our at large bid chances. Those bad losses really hurt too. I expect next year we see a much better OCC SOS. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

For sure their OOC scheduling is the difference.  They zagged where we zigged and lost.   Now the only option is to just keep winning.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

our terrible schedule this year was smart. New coach, want to get some wins under his belt. Unfortunately, nobody in Athletics really expected to be this competitive. We also are worse conference than we were last year. Having Cincy, Houston, and UCF on our schedule would have been big, if we won some of those. It will hurt our at large bid chances. Those bad losses really hurt too. I expect next year we see a much better OCC SOS. 

Agree completely.  This was supposed to be a re-building year and I think coach has said a few times he didn't expect them to gel so quickly.  With most of the team back next year and a stronger OOC schedule, as long as we win, we should be in good shape for a tournament spot.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

We have a weak schedule and that will hurt in any at large consideration. But as the previous poster explained, it was the kind of schedule that a new coach, with a complete new roster, from a bad previous years records needed.

With that said, I think for USF this year has been a success and here are the real chances of they continue winning.

Win AAC Tournament- go to NCAA

Continue winning but don’t win AAC Tournament- NIT

Either would had been unthinkable at the start of season

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

Good news is we jumped to #103 without playing a game. We need all our former opponents this year to start getting their **** going ...

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

another wierd stat only princeton is ahead of us in the NET with no games played as Quad 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

We scalped FSU and have a better overall record, yet they are ranked higher than USF.

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki