• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

Best to her!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

Yes annd happy for her. and enjoy your well deserved boat excursion. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

There is good news to report. She is mostly pain free,

Very good news, although I understand that pain in her backside is still lingering around....😆

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Today is one year since the wife's accident. Out of those 12 months she has spent 6 of them not being able to put weight on her leg. Three were right after the accident and 3 after the last operation at the end of Sept.

There is good news to report. She is mostly pain free, starting to use a cane at times instead of a walker and the wrist is at about 80%. We have been booked for 2 years for a river cruise in April of this year and are fairly optimistic we'll get on the boat. Don't think we'll be doing all the walking tours but that is why we'll get the drink package - something to do on the days she isn't able to make it. 

Thank you guys/gals for putting up with my rants and updates and for all your thoughts, prayers and karma wishes. The 'pen has helped keep me sane throughout this ordeal.

Great news!  Thanks for the updates. Glad things have been getting better. What stands out is the great support that you have given her while you all were going through tough times. It has been great to hear about. Hope your river cruise goes well. You all deserve the best. Go Bulls!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

You have to go through it. 

You don't have to go through it alone.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

THE DRINK PACKAGE ALSO MAKES A CRUISE BETTER

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Today is one year since the wife's accident. Out of those 12 months she has spent 6 of them not being able to put weight on her leg. Three were right after the accident and 3 after the last operation at the end of Sept.

There is good news to report. She is mostly pain free, starting to use a cane at times instead of a walker and the wrist is at about 80%. We have been booked for 2 years for a river cruise in April of this year and are fairly optimistic we'll get on the boat. Don't think we'll be doing all the walking tours but that is why we'll get the drink package - something to do on the days she isn't able to make it. 

Thank you guys/gals for putting up with my rants and updates and for all your thoughts, prayers and karma wishes. The 'pen has helped keep me sane throughout this ordeal.

A River cruise is a perfect way to get back in the swing, a small boat which drops you right in the heart of cities so minimal walking is necessary compared to the Ocean cruises.  Congrats Rich, happy to hear the wind has shifted and is now at your back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Very good news, although I understand that pain in her backside is still lingering around....😆

I'm not going anywhere. Worked too hard this year.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,408
  • Days Won:  25

Glad to see you and your wife will finally get to take the cruise ! You both deserve it. Glad she is finally getting better because it has been a long road full  of detours.