• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Scheduling Strategy and Input

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

So we're building an OCS to get into a better conference but we won't have enough capacity to play teams from said better conference. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,934
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So we're building an OCS to get into a better conference but we won't have enough capacity to play teams from said better conference. :thumbsup:

What The Hell Wtf GIF by WTA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We’re building an ocs because college football should be played there …. and there is no minimum capacity needed to play teams from better conferences. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

44 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We’re building an ocs because college football should be played there …. and there is no minimum capacity needed to play teams from better conferences. 

I mean it will sell out of the AAC games if we are good, and if we get called up to a power conference I am sure there is a plan to add an expansion.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Expansion using new TV revenue?

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We have had many years to show and we have shown a 30K stadium will work. We have 3 years TO SHOW we Need a larger capacity, and maybe they can begin expanding in 2028.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I love the aggressive scheduling philosophy we have had since MK took over! How jacked up were we all when we entered the half tied with Bama and took a 1-score game into the 4th quarter against Nick Saban? That game got mentioned pretty frequently during Bama's playoff discussions. I remember rushing the field when we upset a ranked Bowling Green team coached by some guy named Urban Meyer. We were deemed "coach killers" when we beat Bowden at FSU and Randy Shannon at UM and they got fired soon after, among others. We can't beat Miami, FSU, & UF unless we play them. We can't get street cred playing Middle Tennesee State (no offense to the Blue Raiders, who have been fun to play in the past). The last time we played UF we had one heck of a great tailgate and Gator fans know they were really lucky to get away with a W that game. Fans come out for those games. WE love coming out for those games. TAMPA loves coming out for games against big competition.

Our goals are lofty; we won't get there by getting into the playoffs with a cupcake schedule. We want to cut our teeth in solid competition earlier in the season - not get exposed after making it to the playoffs by playing subpar competition. Maybe we don't need to play Bama every year. But I would argue that picking off teams from the SEC and the B1G would be ideal. All those alumni from the midwest love a trip to Tampa, and shoot, tons of their alumni have retired here and come out for their games. We shouldn't be shooting low, we should be punching upwards!

This comment needs to be pinned to the top! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

32 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I love the aggressive scheduling philosophy we have had since MK took over! How jacked up were we all when we entered the half tied with Bama and took a 1-score game into the 4th quarter against Nick Saban? That game got mentioned pretty frequently during Bama's playoff discussions. I remember rushing the field when we upset a ranked Bowling Green team coached by some guy named Urban Meyer. We were deemed "coach killers" when we beat Bowden at FSU and Randy Shannon at UM and they got fired soon after, among others. We can't beat Miami, FSU, & UF unless we play them. We can't get street cred playing Middle Tennesee State (no offense to the Blue Raiders, who have been fun to play in the past). The last time we played UF we had one heck of a great tailgate and Gator fans know they were really lucky to get away with a W that game. Fans come out for those games. WE love coming out for those games. TAMPA loves coming out for games against big competition.

Our goals are lofty; we won't get there by getting into the playoffs with a cupcake schedule. We want to cut our teeth in solid competition earlier in the season - not get exposed after making it to the playoffs by playing subpar competition. Maybe we don't need to play Bama every year. But I would argue that picking off teams from the SEC and the B1G would be ideal. All those alumni from the midwest love a trip to Tampa, and shoot, tons of their alumni have retired here and come out for their games. We shouldn't be shooting low, we should be punching upwards!

Good to see you back on the positive side. Remember you being ready to abandon ship after one of our beatdowns during this last season. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

40 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

love the aggressive scheduling philosophy we have had since MK took over! How jacked up were we all when we entered the half tied with Bama

Not to mention that UF game.  I remember driving down thinking we were going to get murdered and then I was high stepping around their club section in the 4th yelling OH IT'S HAPPENING to all the dads in their UF visors.  Then the snap went over the head.  Oops.

Anyway I'm sure glad we have these games on our schedule.