• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Live presser 12/08

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

2.  Agree; love it.  He's "fascinated" previously we've not been able to make it work here.

He keeps talking about laying the foundation.  Would love to hear the shift when he feels the foundation is there and ready to build beyond it.

I’m sure he’ll say the foundation is laid after we get there, whenever that is.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, gibbsak said:

2.  Agree; love it.  He's "fascinated" previously we've not been able to make it work here.

Horrified is more like it. Leading up to this season, we are 66-91 in the years since Leavitt left. Four coaches and only left the program in better shape than he found it. Still no championship in an increasingly watered down and irrelevant conference.

I hope Golesh leads us to dominate this conference and take us back where we belong.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

Horrified is more like it.

I like this about him.  He is offended on our behalf.  Also an indictment of the previous 2 coaches.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Horrified is more like it. Leading up to this season, we are 66-91 in the years since Leavitt left. Four coaches and only left the program in better shape than he found it. Still no championship in an increasingly watered down and irrelevant conference.

I hope Golesh leads us to dominate this conference and take us back where we belong.

Number one area that UCF passed us by is they hired better coaches and never lost momentum between them like we did. 

Absolutely have to consistently hire great coaches and let them do what they need to do to win Here. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Number one area that UCF passed us by is they hired better coaches and never lost momentum between them like we did. 

That's really the bottom line to our saga ..... but to me, a little better way to put that would be that they hired coaches who worked out better there. I have a difficult time calling Frosty a better coach than Skip.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

And if they had the experience and knowledge to hire consecutive good coaches, then they probably had the knowledge and experience to do other things to build a program, whereas we have basically had novices at the helm?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's really the bottom line to our saga ..... but to me, a little better way to put that would be that they hired coaches who worked out better there. I have a difficult time calling Frosty a better coach than Skip.

It’s hard to argue he’s a bad coach — just couldn’t get it done at a higher level. He took UConn to the FCS playoffs, won 2 CUSA titles at ECU, went to the championship game 3 times at Louisiana Tech, and won the USFL title in back-to-back seasons. The only place he didn’t do well is here.

Meanwhile Frost had one winning season out of the 7 he was a head coach. Granted it was 13-0 so that goes a long way. Might have just been that O’Learys upper-classmen came together at the right time.

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

And if they had the experience and knowledge to hire consecutive good coaches, then they probably had the knowledge and experience to do other things to build a program, whereas we have basically had novices at the helm?

We hired 2 good coaches consecutively in Skip and Willie but couldn't "cash" in on it, so maybe hiring 3 in a row is the indicator of better program builders ...

6 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

It’s hard to argue he’s a bad coach — just couldn’t get it done at a higher level. He took UConn to the FCS playoffs, won 2 CUSA titles at ECU, went to the championship game 3 times at Louisiana Tech, and won the USFL title in back-to-back seasons. The only place he didn’t do well is here.

Which is probably an indicator of the support, or lack of, that Brad was alluding to ....

Meanwhile Frost had one winning season out of the 7 he was a head coach. Granted it was 13-0 so that goes a long way. Might have just been that O’Learys upper-classmen came together at the right time.

Probably that along with pulling MM in from Hawaii ....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

True...I don't think Skip was a bad hire he did well everywhere else but Here. 

That academic committee screwed up his recruiting and then I think he zoned out the last year or so.