• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tales of Bowl Games past

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Magic Jack was great except for the sucky field with LOTS of turf seams and not great placement over the diamond.  Spent pre-game at Ferg's watching Plant High win another state championship on the upstairs TV.  Good times!

Because of my longstanding Bulls Club fundraising efforts, I got front-row seats at this game.  Which meant, because it was played in the Trop, I couldn't see over our players on the sidelines.  It might have been a good game.  Couldn't prove it by me.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

21 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Because of my longstanding Bulls Club fundraising efforts, I got front-row seats at this game.  Which meant, because it was played in the Trop, I couldn't see over our players on the sidelines.  It might have been a good game.  Couldn't prove it by me.

I also had some janky front row seats but I got to yell HAM BONE to Rob Stone.  This is a bowling phrase that he coined.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Miami Bowl game had a good little bar crawl and tailgate. 

Birmingham 16: Drunk Judy on stage at the Pep Rally, the way I prefer to remember her

Birmingham 17: Had to work the night before till like 10/1030p. Don't remember when I exactly got off, but one of the guys stayed back to ride with me so I didn't have to make the overnight drive alone to meet the rest of the group. 2:30a Steak N' Shake, got into Birmingham at the hotel everyone was sleeping at 559a CT. Took a shot of Johnny Walker out of the bed of the truck then walked in to be the first one at the continental breakfast. Everyone woke up, went out to tailgate on that cold rainy morning. Remembered security was non existent the year before so waist banded about 12 Yuengling's on the way in and handed them out to those in need pregame. What a 15 hours or so that was. Don't think I've had as good of sleep since I crashed after that game.

Now with kids, hoping for Boca this year for ease and still getting a trip :). But grandparents may be on duty for a potential Boston trip

Edited by MSBulls

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

On 11/29/2023 at 9:54 AM, Bull Matrix said:

I remember seeing USF Mutt on the jumbo tron

Same, what fun there at the Meineke.  I vaguely remember the post game.  I believe MikeG had photog credentials.  I can't remember if I did.  Either way we spent the postgame in the media room playing poker and drinking while also uploading hundreds of pictures of our first bowl game.  Mike took my money.  And there was some other significance, maybe it was the first time we'd been shutout.  Had a chance to be babies and kick a FG but went for the TD with a win attitude.  Didn't get it.  And maybe it was our 100th game?  Maybe not.

Town was fun, the USF stands were lit (as they say).

USF South Florida Bulls (thebullspen.com)

Pic of @mutt and other TBP members  ⬇️

IMG-5403023.jpg

IMG-5767095.jpg

IMG-5930130.jpg

IMG-6037156.jpg

IMG-6370226.jpg

IMG-7469479.jpg

On 11/29/2023 at 10:01 AM, MaltLiquorBull said:

I found out about TheBullsPen the night before the game by accidentally stumbling into a bar full of Bulls fans.  Thought it was just by chance, but it was a planned event.  Somebody asked me what my nickname/avatar was so they could give me a paper nametag.  I had no idea what they were talking about.  The said go to theBullsPen.com (which I did when I got back home).  

That's funny.  We did have a pregame party.  Had some stuff put up in the place.  It was a good time!  Thanks for staying with The Pen all these years.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:20 PM, WoolyBully said:

USF Vs. Oregon 2007:

attended the Bulls Pen soiree the night before the game. 

As I recall at a place called Jason's.  @BullyPulpit and others put it all together. A great crowd and special guests Judy G and Lee Roy I believe.  Spoke to the crowd.  Good food except for the chicken enchiladas (most people know NEVER to order those in El Paso, or you will. 

Hard to believe we have no pictures from that event.  

Found some:

Can't have a party in El Paso without the pinata and @BullyPulpit!

DSC04374.jpg

DSC04717.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC04721.jpg

Gallery

USF South Florida Bulls (thebullspen.com)

• Go Bulls! 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:24 PM, MaltLiquorBull said:

Anyone remember sitting in the Sun Bowl circa late 2007...Somebody hiked up a nearby peak and planted a Bulls flag on it. 

I have a picture of that somewhere. 

DSC_0085.jpg

For a long time I knew who did it.  It will come back to me.  It was a character we knew on/from the board.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, BullsWinBucsWin said:

I remember the locals getting rowdy, fighting in the stands and rolling down the steps.  That was wild. 

This was so true in El Paso.  My brother in law broke up two guys fighting that tumbled down the bleachers practically into his arms.  :roflmao:  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have a picture of that somewhere. 

DSC_0085.jpg

For a long time I knew who did it.  It will come back to me.  It was a character we knew on/from the board.

We have all the characters here.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's funny.  We did have a pregame party.  Had some stuff put up in the place.  It was a good time!  Thanks for staying with The Pen all these years.

Should also add that when I went to find said site and couldn’t remember the name of it, it was @WoolyBully who helped me find it and sign up.  We were both inmates at the same facility back then.

• Haha 2