• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2023 CFB Coaching Carousel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Days Won:  10

Hearing that xCBG may be taking a role with the Phoenix Suns.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

I think there are only 8 teams in the usfl

tbf The Big East only had eight teams when he was our coach and the best we finished was 5th. If he would have won that back-to-back, he'd probably be in our Hall of Fame.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

tbf The Big East only had eight teams when he was our coach and the best we finished was 5th. If he would have won that back-to-back, he'd probably be in our Hall of Fame.

very true

he coached birmingham in the usfl. all the league games were played there I believe. I think they just loaded that team to try and drive fan interest in the area.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,920
  • Days Won:  2

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

very true

he coached birmingham in the usfl. all the league games were played there I believe. I think they just loaded that team to try and drive fan interest in the area.

First year all games played there. Think they had 4 "home" cities this past year. And, no, they had a draft like every other league. No one "loaded" them up for the home team. Won the titles with two different QBs. First year the starter got hurt early and he won with the backup. This year the kid that won as the backup the first year got the starting nod, got hurt, and won with the backup who was the starter the first year. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

First year all games played there. Think they had 4 "home" cities this past year. And, no, they had a draft like every other league. No one "loaded" them up for the home team. Won the titles with two different QBs. First year the starter got hurt early and he won with the backup. This year the kid that won as the backup the first year got the starting nod, got hurt, and won with the backup who was the starter the first year. 

my bad. Just assumed the league was gimmicky like pro wrestling. is he not coaching there anymore?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

That's impossible.  Back QBs can never lead their team to a championship.  Just ask the CFP

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Any news on Traylor? I know Fritz took the UH job, so is Traylor on anyone else's radar? Or is he coming back to UTSA?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

my bad. Just assumed the league was gimmicky like pro wrestling. is he not coaching there anymore?

Haven't asked. I didn't read anything about him leaving the Birmingham position when he took the Northwestern advisory position. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

Any news on Traylor? I know Fritz took the UH job, so is Traylor on anyone else's radar? Or is he coming back to UTSA?

Looks like he isn’t going anywhere. They’re in works to offer the football program more money. He doesn’t seem to be a serious contender outside Texas.

• Like 1