• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ouch... Not Cool

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

It doesn't matter who says what.  It is solely up to our football program to EARN the respect and a place in a better conference.  If you don't earn it, you don't deserve it.  We are making progress.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365

We had crappy leadership at the University and Athletic department level.  They could not see the big picture and how the risk was worth the effort. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually, I had forgotten about his radio show so I guess that explains him being there ..... but that Tweet didn't display any absence of bias. Apparently his bias is now shaded in black and gold.

Brad for the win 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046

14 hours ago, 350_BULL said:

Oh boy....

Don't see this as a dig against USF. All he said was that he is sad USF is not at that level. I think most of us are disappointed that we were left behind in realignment.

Let this be a little fire up our ass. 4 AAC teams over the last two years have moved up; there is no reason we can't as well.

Built the OCS, go to a bowl game this year, win 8 games next year, compete for an AAC championship the next, increase attendance, beat power 5 teams, get ranked, and there is no doubt that we will get the call up soon. No reason being bitter; lets use these teams as examples as to how its done regarding moving up.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Brad for the win 

Lost their way?

sorry not sorry middle finger GIF

Edited by Cat941
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

someone is still jilted by the memories of yester years

There's a lot - I mean a whole **** load lot - of that right here on TBP.  Like it or not, the clock moves forward. 🤨

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Fun topic.  Trip has declared the Bulls a success in terms of support as defined by a category of dollars.  

Former AD Paul Griffin must be wrong too.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

It must be tough for Jim to see the program fall all the way down to the bottom of FBS football, slowly digging away brick by brick from the foundation he built over the years, led by Judy, USF Leadership, the athletic directors, and the coaching hires. We all want to be back in a power conference and be a top 50 program again, but it seems with each passing year the program is getting further and further away. Golesh was not my first choice, but now he is our coach. What he has been able to do so far has been a major improvement from what we have seen over the last 4.5 years. I hope Golesh can coach these kids back up into a top 50 program, and some power conference gives USF an olive branch to win its way back up. Golesh has taken a team that couldn't win more than one FBS game in a season or win five games in three seasons and has given the team the opportunity to go bowling in year one. The football product this year sure as hell isn't pretty, but it is the closest thing we have seen to a new coach laying the foundation for a winning program since Leavitt. I hope Golesh can break USF free of this losing mentality, teach the kids and program how to beat the top programs again, and finally get USF back to a power conference. In Golesh, we trust and hope he can be our next Leavitt or better than him. We need some sustained success to finally move this program forward again.

The offense has the best true freshman quarterback we have seen since Grothe or Daniels. The defense is slowly improving and led the team to victory in the second half when the go-go-go offense ran out of gas after the first half. We are on track to land the best recruiting class in years and have a chance to go bowling this year. The Bulls and Golesh need to seize the momentum and keep moving forward.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

As much as I like Leavitt.  Do we think we would be in the ACC or Big12 with him, if he stayed all this time?  Possibly, but you have to remember he was a 7-9 win coach and a .500 or below in conference coach.  Sure be nice to have that but I recall before the firing many were questioning if he should still be here as it seemed we had flat lined at the moment.  Still been interesting to see the program with him today.