• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ouch... Not Cool

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

I’m not sure USF underinvested in athletics. We were in the barrel of the wave in the Big East and simply missed on building on campus stadium and harnessing what UCF has harnessed.   That campus pretty electric game day (and the game I attended was UCF/Villanova. Not exactly Big12 slate). That cascades to more excitement and more investment.  An empty stadium on Dale Mabry 15 miles from campus…not so much.  USF compounded it by firing a coach fully invested in the program and then some piss poor hiring. Judy further curbstomped it.

Shame all of it. Live and learn I guess.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Fun topic.  Trip has declared the Bulls a success in terms of support as defined by a category of dollars.  

Former AD Paul Griffin must be wrong too.  

Trip’s point was that $$$ support now is better than it’s ever been. Spin that any way you want, Scarecrow. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Trip’s point was that $$$ support now is better than it’s ever been. Spin that any way you want, Scarecrow. 

It’s just a frivolous argument in 2003 our operating budget was $16 million and there were only a dozen or so schools in the nation spending $40 million. Everyone has more money coming in than they did then but that doesn’t mean everyone is in better shape than they were then.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully Tampa General Hospital will send their patients to the game.  
it’s not spin, tinman.  You’re defining support by corporate dollars or large booster dollars, whereas I consider people interested in the program.   I think we’re just have two different definitions, either can be valid. So I guess we need to go back to the beginning of the topic and find out what you’re arguing about.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I think there was a picture of the stadium from yesterday that says probably more than enough.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

The students on the board said tickets were all claimed. If that is true, which I have no reason to doubt him they need to start giving out tickets at the gates with armbands for students. Students have to show up to get tickets.  If the student section ever fills up, then send them to the visitor side of the field so it doesn't look like an empty  stadium on tv. We need students and fans at the game.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The students on the board said tickets were all claimed. If that is true, which I have no reason to doubt him they need to start giving out tickets at the gates with armbands for students. Students have to show up to get tickets.  If the student section ever fills up, then send them to the visitor side of the field so it doesn't look like an empty  stadium on tv. We need students and fans at the game.

Kids are lazy as ****. No way they are standing in line for a wristband. Just make it a mobile barcode option with no limit... hell we should offer athletics fee reduction or wipe it out completely on tuition if you attend a game 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Hopefully Tampa General Hospital will send their patients to the game.  
it’s not spin, tinman.  You’re defining support by corporate dollars or large booster dollars, whereas I consider people interested in the program.   I think we’re just have two different definitions, either can be valid. So I guess we need to go back to the beginning of the topic and find out what you’re arguing about.

We definitely have 2 different definitions and think both can be valid.   You brought my support thing over from another thread in an effort to confuse me …. and it worked. I’ll check when I get to computer. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I think there was a picture of the stadium from yesterday that says probably more than enough.  

For your definition ….

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Never been better. Guess that noon game was too early for the non-students as well. 

Lifted from Bull Disclosure on X.

E4217282-4BD1-4B8E-9F2E-42D766843129.jpeg

Edited by 00Bull